Saturday, October 16, 2010

actors/ Drop a Love Bomb/ military news

Oct. 13 Actors: I was re watching the Buffy pilot today. I saw it a few times over the years since it debuted in 1997. I saw the first scene again, and I immediately recognized the voice of the guy. It's Carmine Diogivanazzo or Danny from CSI: NY. CD's voice is exactly the same. Of course he looks younger back then.

Wentworth Miller (lead in the TV show Prison Break) was on a Buffy season 2 episode "Go Fish" about the school's mutant swim team. He had a big part in that ep. Shane West said a line in that episode in the steam room to Xander. This was before SW got big in A Walk to Remember.

Oct. 14 Drop a Love Bomb: I was reading the Edmonton Journal and I found this website. It's about where people post on their blogs like how their parents died or they're suffering a eating disorder. Then the website http://dropalovebomb.com/ then tells people on their site to go and email and make a comment of encouraging comments to help them get through this.

It's easy, free, and helps people. I put it on my Facebook status, and made some encouraging comments to a couple of blogs. It really gives you perspective on your life. Check it out.

http://dropalovebomb.com/

Teen pregnancy: I was on the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com and someone said this:"When my 15 year old daughter became pregnant I would not allow her to live at home and she had to go into foster care and eventually she lost the baby to the State which terminated her parental rights and placed the baby in an adoption. It was a hard lesson but it was a hard lesson she had to learn. If my husband and I felt we were prepared to raise more children then my husband wouldn't have had a vasectomy."

Then another person said this:

"Wow. That is some story. I know I could never do that. I would want to die knowing my grandchild was somewhere in the world but I didn't know where. I would be scared of my 15 yr old daughter being abused in foster care. But... To each their own, our choices are what make ourselves.

I don't want to pry, but does she talk to you? How is she doing since all of that was done? Did she have more children?"

Writing: I filled out my office job papers on Fri. and I called them back on Tues. They said they're still checking my references so I'll call them tomorrow. If they don't have them checked, I'll start looking for another job. My dad said that, but I thought of that before he told me.

For the past week, I was rewriting scenes for Fighter, and pitching my script to production companies. I haven't pitched my script in months because of my job search. I also emailed a script to a company today. Now I haven't done that in a really long time.

Job update: I got a call from my office job, and they said they couldn't get a hold of my references from the Soup place. I called and couldn't either. So I then gave the office my two other references. It's not like I wasted a week of not working at a job or looking for one, I was was pitching my script.

Oct. 15 Trip: Today I called the office and I went and gave them my references in person, because I had to fill out a form. They could email it to me, and I could fax it, but I'm quite sure it would work. He said he would email to me in an hour, and then I could fax it. I saw so many problems like me not getting the email, I fax it to him, and he not getting the fax.

So I took the 1hr bus ride there, and read the newspaper. It took me a min. to fill out the papers, and then I did some shopping for an hr. Then I took the hr bus ride home.

Script: Today I went home and read through my Fighter script. I can honestly say I'm proud of it and I enjoyed reading it. I haven't read it straight through in months. I then mailed the script to another producer because she wanted to read it.

Good: I feel really good. I sent my Fighter script out to two production companies in two days. I was really focused today when I was reading my script. I wasn't checking my email or Facebook. I took breaks to use the washroom, but that was it. I didn't even look at the time because I was so absorbed in reading it.

Military news: I was watching Oprah, and she interviewed women who served in the military, and when they come back home, they're homeless. There are a lot of charities that support men who come back from the military, but they only have one for women. 1 in 3 women in the military experience sexual assault, and 90% don't even get reported.

The best part was probably when the woman Tammy who served in the military, and lost 2 legs, President Obama appointed her to be in charge of this military charity. They showed a clip from Feb. 2009, of 1st Class Sergeant Juanita Wilson, who is this African-American woman who lost her left arm. JW met Tammy in the hospital when T lost her legs.

JW stood with her for 5 days, and helped washed her hair, and supported her. They were reunited on the show. If you want to help, go to this this site. It's mainly for Americans signing a petition and send it to this senator.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-You-Can-Help-Veterans

1 comment:

Nate St. Pierre said...

Hey Tracy, thanks for the Love Bomb shoutout, and for participating!