Sunday, June 1, 2014

City Centre/ The Script/ Paula Deanda


May 22 City Centre: I had 4 days off at the end of Mar.


Mar. 23 (Sunday): I went to City Centre on a Sun. because I thought it wouldn’t be busy, but it was steady.  First I deposited my tip money. 


1.      Fairweather- there was a sale. 
2.      Cleo- there was a sale for 30%, but it was still expensive.
3.      Ricki’s- They were selling bracelets for Canadian Women.  Check out this website.  They help women out of violence and poverty.


4.      Aldo- they have nice bags. They have little tags with arrows to show which shoes are on sale.

5.      Payless Shoes- they sell some Hello Kitty stuff.

6.      HG2 Clothing- the store was closing down when I was there.  Now it closed down.  It was trendy and very expensive.

7.      Flurries- 60% off everything.  They sell boots and only 2 bags.

8.      Ardene’s- fun stuff.  Big sale.

9.      Fly Jeans Company- expensive.  Michael Kors.  They sell good perfume.

10.  No Excuses- up to 70% off brand name perfume.  Half is women’s perfume, the other half is men’s cologne.

11.  Suzy Shier- nice clothes, sale.

12.  bfc Emporium- nice, fun toys, stationary (journals and notepads).  There were also real little frogs in these aquariums.

13.  A&W- used my free coffee coupon.



14.  Dollarama- lots of Easter stuff. 

15.  Shoppers Drug Mart (downstairs)- I check out O (Oprah’s magazine) and Seventeen magazine.

16.  Sushi Ya- it moved downstairs by Starbucks.  Sushi Ya used to be across Booster Juice upstairs.

17.  Papyrus- candles, soap, journals, home décor, stuffed animals.

18.  Claire’s- this store is closing down at this location.  There are still lots of Claire’s in Edmonton.

19.  Grand and Toy- I already wrote about this store is going to close down.

20.  Coles- checked out the Well- being section and looked at self-help.

21.  Winners- home décor, chips, chocolate, bags, Easter stuff.

22.  Atmosphere- looked at fitness equipment.



I then went to Stanley A. Milner library and looked at the art there.  It’s right by Second Cup.


Mar. 24 (Mon.): I went to a job interview at a dentist office.  I already wrote about it in my job email.


Mar. 25 (Tues): I went to Staples and recycled pens and batteries.


Food: I then went to City Centre.  I went to the Shoppers Drug Mart upstairs and bought 2 Simply Foods (200 grams) chips for $3.  It was a good deal.  The potato flavor was good, but I didn’t like the ketchup.  Lays ketchup chips are good.


I also bought Simply Food chocolate vanilla cream sandwich cookies.  350 grams for $1.99.  That’s cheaper than Oreo’s, 300 grams for $1.99.  I also paid it with my “cash back” credit card.


Mar. 26 (Wed): I went to Safeway with my family to buy fruits and flowers.  We then went to a Buddhist temple to worship my grandpa who passed away a few years ago.  We then went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch.


April


Apr. 28 Pacific Rim mall: I went to buy a bus pass in downtown.  I then stopped by Pacific Rim mall in Chinatown.  The herbal shop and the little book/ gift shop closed down.  Yeah, well there are still a whole bunch of herbal shops and book/gift shops in Chinatown.  


I stopped by Canada Place and it’s under construction.


May 20 The Script: I was listening to my old Mytown cd.  It was an Irish boy band in the early 2000s.  My favorite member was Danny O' Donoghue.  It turns out he and his co-member Mark Sheehan then formed the band The Script.  

Remember the song "Break Even"?  I hear that song all the time, but I didn't know that they were in it.  The new member is Glen Power in the Script.


Here is the recorded song “Break Even.”






Here is the live performance:






Mytown: 


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mytown


Here is Mytown’s music video “Party All Night”:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG3SUHO2_Tc


The comments are "danny and mark from the script."


Paula Deanda: I then revisited an old R&B artist called Paula Deanda.  She had that song called “Doing too Much.”  It turns out she was on The Voice:


2014: The Voice


DeAnda auditioned for Season 6 of NBC's singing competition, The Voice, as revealed on her Twitter page.[12] Both Shakira and Blake Shelton turned their chairs but she opted for Blake Shelton. During the Battles, Round 1, she was defeated by fellow Team Blake teammate Sisaundra Lewis after their duet of Lady Gaga's "Do What U Want."”






Robin Thicke: Here is his new song “Get Her Back” that he performs at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards.  It’s a ballad and about his wife Paula Patton separating from him.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7DkomafsE


May 23 Summer: It’s the summer time, so now I can have more fun.  Unlike the winter time, I would have fun or go out once a month.  I am shopping more often, but not buying anything.


Zeddy dancing: I found this a couple of weeks ago.  Here is the Zellers mascot Zeddy the bear dancing on the sidewalk.  There is LMFAO music playing that he’s dancing to.  Cars are driving by.  It’s so cute.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yPGBKrkb34


Rituals: My sister had picked up this business card.  The company sells beauty products, and candles too.  The website is pretty good.


http://eu.rituals.com/en-nl/about-rituals.html


The Memory Palace: This was a long time ago.  It was in my “parking lot” email on things I was to write about.  The Memory Palace - Learn Anything and Everything (Starting With Shakespeare and Dickens) (Faking Smart) [Kindle Edition].”  


Here are the editorial reviews: 


"This is a great introduction to the "Journey" memory method. Within 30 minutes I'd learnt the 37 plays of Shakespeare. The next day I spent another 30 minutes learning the 20 novels of Charles Dickens. I can now recite these in order." - M. Jaques

"[...] discover a better (more fun) way of retaining data." - Tiffany Rae



Most of the reviews were good, with a few bad.


http://www.amazon.com/The-Memory-Palace-Everything-Shakespeare-ebook/dp/B007V3FLTE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400888351&sr=8-2&keywords=the+memory+palace


No comments: