Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Secret movie/ lessons

Sept. 6 The Secret movie: I’ve written about this a few times.  Rhonda Byrnes wrote this book and it’s basically using focused positive thinking to help you succeed.  On Jun. 12, 2013, I watched the first 20 min. of it on Youtube:
I have read the book in the bookstore between my split shifts at work.  I wanted to know what the hype is. 
 
On Jun. 18, 2013, I watched the full- length movie on Youtube.  It was raining outside and there’s nothing else on TV because it’s the summer time.  I also did all my productive things for the day like look for a job.  I needed a break so I watched this.

Here is the Cole’s notes version.  It’s about the “law of attraction.”  “You become what you think about most.  Thoughts become things.”  Stop focusing on things you don’t want.  Start focusing on things you do want.

  1. Ask
  2. Believe.  Feel it.  Think it. 
  3. Receive.
Bob Doyle: Do whatever you can to generate the feelings like test drive the car, check out that house.  Don’t doubt, don’t second guess, act.
32 min: This is the current reality, it will change.  If you expect something, you will receive it. 
Powerful processes: 1. Gratitude- “What we think about, we bring about.”
Focus on what you already have.
37 min- gratitude rocks. 
2. “Visualize- when you visualize, then you materialize.”  You need to get that exciting feeling.

41 min: “live in the magic of life.”
43 min: Vision board.  Cut things out of things you want in life and put it on a big piece of paper.  Then put it up on your wall so you see it everyday.
44 min: “Decide what you want, believe you could have it, believe you deserve it, believe it’s possible for you.”
46 min: “Set a goal so big, it would blow your mind.”  They talked to a man who wanted to make $100,000 in a year, and he sold his book.

47 min: “When you have inspired thought.  You have to trust it.  And you have to act on it.  Attracting events, ideas, and people.
49 min: Catalogue of life.  Imagine looking through a catalogue and picking out things you want in life.  Intend it.
50 min: When you focus on what you don’t have, lack, scarcity, you will attract it.  Focus on abundance and prosperity.
51 min: Wealth is a mindset.
53 min: Marie Diamond is a feng shui consultant.  “What you wish, will manifest in your life.”  “He wished it, but his outer environment was contradicting himself.”
56 min: “How do you expect anyone to enjoy your company if you don’t enjoy your own.”
“Do you treat yourself the way others want to treat you?”
59 min: “We create our own happiness with the law of attraction.”

1hr, 5min: “What you focus on, perpetuates.”
1hr, 8 min: “Man becomes what he thinks about.”
1 hr, 20 min: “The outcome is whatever you choose.”
Oprah Winfrey: Here is the episode she did on The Secret.  There were some positive things in it:
My notes:
Financial freedom
“Place an order”- like say what you want out of life.
“What you focus on, expands.”
“He can not determine your destiny.  You can.”
“Thank you for giving me that experience.”
“Energy flows where attention goes.”
“Everything is in the present.”
“Let go of your past, to let something else in.”
“Ask, believe, receive.”

My opinion: After reading the book, watching the movie, and watching Oprah talking about the movie, I have something to say.  All the things you read above sounds like something I would put in my inspirational quotes collection.  Focused positive thinking is pretty easy to remember.  Basically I do have to be mindful and focus on the present. 
I can get angry and depressed, and have to learn to be mindful.  I remember reading a Pickles cartoon that I clipped out.  The Grandma was saying (paraphrase): “We dwell on the past, and we worry about the future.  Let’s focus on the present.”

Sept. 9 Lessons: I was thinking about how I accidentally offended my friend again.  She said she didn’t like it when I leave a message that pretty much says I wanted to talk for fun.  I’ll tell you why I leave messages: There are people who hate it when people call and they don’t leave messages.  Now you will wonder why they called.  I also leave messages because I think my friends should hear my voice.
Some of you guys may be laughing.  The thing is, I don’t see my friends.  They mainly just read my weekly emails and only my text.  You should hear my voice.  Unless some of you guys are like: “What’s the point in listening Tracy talk for 10 seconds when it’s just her wanting to talk or hang out later?” 
The lesson is, only leave a message when it’s important.  Like an emergency, here’s an example: “My brother’s in the hospital.  He needs blood- fast!  Do you have type O blood?  Because we could really use one right now.  What about your family?  Do they have type O blood?  Please call if you do!”
I don’t know what my brother’s blood type is or mine.  I found this on Wikipedia about compatible blood types.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type
Sept. 10: I want to add with my brother’s friend calling our house and he doesn’t leave a message.  He calls once, and I see him on the caller ID, and I don’t pick up because my brother’s not here.  After the machine gets him, he calls again right back.  Then I still don’t pick up and he doesn’t leave a message.  My sister says that I should pick up and tell him that he’s not home so he will stop calling the house.  But I don’t.



No comments: