Sunday, September 22, 2013

charity/ 13 yr old girl goes to college/ Michael Phelps



Sept. 16: Today I’m not feeling that good.  I went to work and it was so quiet, I was wiping and cleaning the backroom.  Also one of the workers was yelling at me because I wasn’t doing that good of a job.  Then again he said the same thing to another worker.

Now I will write about light and happy things to lift up my mood.

Charity: On Sept. 13, 2013, I read in the newspaper that Christina Aguilara went to Rwanda for the World Hunger Relief.  She served food to children and visit refugee camps. 

13 yr old girl goes to college: I found this on Yahoo: “13 yr old Indian girl enrolls in microbiology master’s after father sells land for tuition.”

This is an inspirational story.

“Sushma Verma finished high school at 7 and earned an undergraduate degree at age 13 — milestones she said were possible only with the sacrifices and encouragement of her uneducated and impoverished parents.
Sushma begins her studies next week at Lucknow's B. R. Ambedkar Central University, though her father is already ferrying her to and from campus each day on his bicycle so she can meet with teachers before classes begin.

Her first choice was to become a doctor, but she cannot take the test to qualify for medical school until she is 18.

"So I opted for the MSc and then I will do a doctorate," she said.
Sushma — a skinny, poised girl with shoulder-length hair — is not the first high-achiever in her family. Her older brother graduated from high school at 9, and in 2007 became one of India's youngest computer science graduates at 14.

shiremaid: I wish I had Sushma's father. YOU GO GIRL!

melody: Their last name is Bahadur meaning BRAVE. Wish them all the best.


David: This is what a father does, he places his children before himself. I am grateful he is fulfilling his role as a father.

sinophil49: Educating women is the single most effective measure to improve a family's welfare, raise a country's wealth, improve infant and child mortality, lower the crime rate, and lessen social unrest.

This uneducated father is to be praised for his foresight, his courage, and his parental love.

My opinion: Wow, that’s really good that a 13 yr old Indian girl is going to college.  Wow, and her brother is an overachiever too.  I was thinking what shiremaid was saying: “You go girl!” 

Great father too.  That’s the thing with being a parent, you have to put your kid first and help them in anyway you can, without being a helicopter parent.


Family Guy: One time my brother and I were watching the episode where Peter and Brian are jurors in jury duty.  Peter was struggling to close the blinds on the windows.  My grandma was watching that part and thought it was funny because Peter was going to wreck the blinds.


Sept. 17 Danity Kane: I was on Youtube and I typed them in so I can listen to some music.  I then found this video clip where the music group is reuniting again and releasing a song called “Rage.”  Only four of them are there like Aubrey, Aundrea, Dawn, and Shannon.  D. Woods didn’t come back because she was busy with other projects.

This time the group is on their own without Diddy because he fired Aubrey, and then later dropped them.  It’s great to hear that they’re back together.



Screenwriting: I had emailed a producer to see if there are any scripts he needs me to read, but he didn’t get back to me, so that’s okay.  I then joined a Meetup group and I asked to read someone’s script.  She sent it to me and I read it in one sitting.  It was like 1 and 15 min. to read.  It was really good.  I was impressed with the plot twists and inspirational story.  I told her the vibe I got was that Amnesty International and 20/20 covering a story in a 3rd world country.

Sept. 18 Snoop Dogg: I read about this in the Globe and Mail, but this article goes into more depth.  The rapper Snoop Dogg donates money to a 6 yr old girl’s funeral after she has been shot.  He didn’t say how much he donated.  The rapper The Game also donated $10,000 to the funeral.


Kid makes donation: An 11 yr old boy named Max makes a $10 donation to Greenfield police.  He said he was learning about 9/11 and how police helped so many people on that day.

Sept. 22 Flashbacks: I want to add to the previous flashbacks.  Like the girl who I lent my music sheet to her, and didn’t give it back.  The lesson was that don’t lend stuff out if you are willing to not have it returned to you.  It lead to another flashback of the time I lent her a pencil so she could use it to do her math homework.  The next day, she did give my pencil back to me.  It’s a hit and miss with her.

It also reminds me of gr. 9 where this kid Matt asked to borrow a pen.  I lent him one.  The next day he asks me again, and I asked: “What about yesterday?”  He was like: “Oh yeah.”  I can’t really remember if he ever gave it back, but after I asked about the last one, he went and asked someone else.

It also leads to the flashback of the four girls dissing me for my clothes.  Well in a way they got their come- uppance.  Girl #1 was the one who dissed me, but it was Girls #2, 3, 4 who laughed.  But then in their gr. 9 grad, #2 wasn’t allowed into grad because she wore something that went against the dress code.  When I heard about it, I wasn’t immediately thinking: “Well they got their come- uppance.  Girl #2 can’t get in, and I’m sure Girl #1, 3, and 4 can’t even enjoy their grad without her.” 

I didn’t laugh or think: “Ha ha” like Nelson on The Simpsons.  This is just what happened.  It just is.  I’m sure none of them were thinking about me and about karma and how being mean has lead to this. 

The Soup place: In 2008, there used to be this woman in her late 30s who worked there.  At first she was okay, but then she started getting angry and mean, and lashed out mainly at one co-worker.  One time the woman just quit in the middle of the shift in a huff.  I felt kind of tense around her.

Then later another woman came and she was worse.  She was yelling and swearing at me.  I told the manager right away the very next day.  Then eventually she was getting angry and lashing out at everybody.  It was down to 2 people who could deal with her, and they quit.  Then it was down to 1 person who can deal with her.  Then she quit in a huff.   

I wasn’t surprised.  I was kind of waiting for her to quit.  Some things do take care of itself.

Michael Phelps: This is not as good as the one where Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps was on Jay Leno.  I tried to find the video on Youtube, but can’t find it.  I’ve written about it before when it first aired.

Phelps: I used to get picked on a lot when I was in school.  Actually it’s kind of funny, when I go out to dinner with my mom; the people I used to go to school with are now servers there.
The entire audience laughs.
Phelps: No, that’s not the funny part.  The funny part is that they say things like: “Oh hey, we used to go to school together.”  And I’m like: “Yeah, and you used to pick on me.  Now we’re like friends?  That’s weird.”

No comments: