Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teen Mom 2/ Teen Pregnancy Trap

Apr. 27 Teen Mom 2: I was watching this Teen Mom 2 Check Up with Dr. Drew.  After the season is over, Dr. Drew interviews the moms and talk about what happened last season.  I saw the season 2 and that ep aired a few months ago on Feb. 11, 2013.

Counseling: I don't purposely watch things to get angry, but this kind of did get me angry.  Well mainly one segment with Chelsea.  It's been about 5 months since I last saw my counselor and I have to apply the lesson of "Don't take it personal." 

I just wrote about the whole ep, and I feel good.  It's like if I don't go see a counselor, I can still write about it and feel good.

Chelsea: She finally gets her GED after being out of school for 3 yrs.  That's good.  They talked about how she gave $2000 to her ex-boyfriend/ baby's daddy for a truck.  The truck was then taken away.  Chelsea's dad Randy was so mad.  Chelsea felt like it was "If you don't give me the money, we're not dating anymore." 

It's been a few months, but I remember Dr. Drew asking her a question and she didn't answer.  Her mouth is shut.  Dr. Drew says: "I'll take that as a no."  I'll give Dr. Drew points for not pushing Chelsea.

She goes on about how "everything is mine is yours." 

Randy: Even if $2000 was all she had, you still don't take it.

Me: I think this struck a chord with me, because it was about money.  Lending money to someone and them not giving it back.  I mentioned it before how I gave an ex-friend of mine $5 so she could buy a birthday card for a teacher way back in elementary school.  She never gave the money back.  At least it went to a good cause. 

I remember telling one my friends this, and she had said to me: "Well I know that if I give money to someone, there is a chance they won't give it back.  That's a lesson."  The question is: "Are you willing to risk it?"  Also it was a truck, so it wasn't very important because Adam is always into trucks and cars. There wasn't anything about: "I needed that truck for my construction job.  I have to drive around for my job and not take the bus."

Jenelle: I was reading the Edmonton Journal the other day, that she was arrested for heroin possession.  I'm not really surprised because she has run ins with law for marijuana possession.  I'm not angry.

This check up episode aired back in Jan.  It seemed she was doing good if she talks about seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist. She is on her bipolar medication.  Her mom Barbara didn't bail her out of jail at the beginning of the season.  Jenelle stayed in jail and learned her lesson, or so she says.

Jenelle got her ex-boyfriend Andrew to do a DNA test, and it proves he's the father.  It was interesting to hear that Barbara wanted the one-night stand to be the father, and then for it to be Andrew.

Jenelle: You hit me.
Andrew: I don't care.
The audience gasps.
Jenelle: How do I know you're not going to hit (our son) Jace?
Andrew: I'm not going to do something stupid.

Social services will watch Jace and Andrew when they're together.  That reminds me that I saw something like this on Dr. Phil.  Andrew is behind on child support.  He kind of redeems himself when the thanks Barbara for taking care of Jace.

Me: A mild thing that annoyed me was that Jenelle said her new boyfriend Gary is a Marine.  Andrew acts like he's not really impressed by that.  I remember my friend Michelle's friend said this: "Doesn't mean he has a respectable job makes him a respectable man."

That's true.  I remember watching lots of TV shows like Oprah and Dateline: To Catch a Predator who have sexual predators who are doctors, lawyers, and teachers.  On Teen Mom 2, season 3, Gary ends up getting domestic violence charges on him because he and Jenelle got into a physical fight.   

Kailyn: She is using an IUD for birth control, unlike Chelsea who did have sex with Adam and didn't use any birth control.  They used "the pull-out method."

Kailyn basically talked about her ex-boyfriend/ baby's daddy Jo's girlfriend Vee. 

Kailyn: Vee writes on her Facebook: "I'm packing to go to Jo's house.  My mom asked if I need condoms.  lol."  I'm not going to Facebook to her page.  I find out things when I don't want to.  My friends email me this.

Me: Then I would tell her friends not to tell her this.  I saw an season 3 ep where she and Jo go to counseling.  Kailyn cries and says her fear is that she won't be Isaac's mom and she will be replaced.

Leah: Leah was with Corey and twins with him.  She is now with Jeremy and she got pregnant with Jeremy's baby.  She then miscarried after 8 weeks.

Leah: I don't feel like a teenager.

Leah: I wanted a family.  Jeremy knew I was trying to get pregnant, and he was okay with it.

Leah: I wasn't social with my step dad.  I felt like he was trying to take over my dad's place.

Corey: Our marriage blew up over a truck and a trailer.
The audience laughs.

Corey and Leah argued about place to live like a trailer or a truck he wants to buy. The entire audience raised their hand when asked by Dr. Drew if these two should work it out.

Well Leah has since married Jeremy and they have a kid together.

Me: Leah, Chelsea, and Kailyn all talked about the fantasy of a family.  Well I hope a lot of viewers learned something from this show.

Teen Pregnancy Trap:
The other day I watched Dr. Phil.  Yeah, well I had to, it was about teen pregnancy.  Remember about 4 months ago, I watched an episode because it was about that topic?  Last time I got angry, but I kept calm.  This episode I just saw, was average.  I didn't yell at the TV and didn't get angry at all.  I felt like he really helped them.

The first segment is about this mom Karrieann who has a 14 yr old daughter named Haley and she is obsessed with babies.  Ever since 6th grade, she became like that.  She talks about baby names, how she has had sex with 10 boys and had sex 20 times.  She won't use condoms.

Haley: I don't need a husband or boyfriend, I just want a baby.

The mom Karrieann is visibly upset.

Karrieann: She thinks I'm not giving her enough attention because of my other kids.  There is a disconnect between me and her.
Dr. Phil: There is no reality, just perception.  If you think it's a scary world out there, then you will act scared and intimidated.

It turns out Karrieann was 18 and pregnant and gave her kid up for adoption.  She admits she calls Haley a bitch among other names.  Haley has threatened to kill her, and Karriann has seen Haley cut herself.  KA then says: "I'll show you how you look when you cut yourself" and KA cuts herself.

KA has gone to counseling herself.  Haley has run away before and that worries and scares KA.

Dr. P: Haley thinks her sexuality is her currency.  She thinks "I will have a baby, and have family of my own.  I will be loved by a baby." 

Haley: I will feel loved and get the attention from the baby.  I'll get a job and move out on my own.  I'll work at a grocery store.
Dr. P: You have to be 16 to get a job.  What about the 2 yr gap?
Haley: I'll live at my mom's house.
Dr. P: It takes a quarter of a million dollars to raise a kid from baby to 18 yrs, not including college.  Who will pay for it?

Haley: The baby daddy.
A few laughs from the audience.
Dr. P: If you do get pregnant, you would wind up with a little sister.  Instead of getting pregnant, you should fix this relationship.

Later:

Haley: I really agree with you.  I want to work on things and make things better.
Dr. P: Your mom fought through a maze to get on this show.
Haley and Dr. P pinky swears to give it a shot with counseling and not to get pregnant.

No comments: