Sunday, May 12, 2013

miracle twins/ Crime Stoppers/ Cleveland kidnapping

May 3 Miracle twins: I read this on Yahoo "Miracle twins born 87 days Apart Set Guinness World Record."  One baby was born prematurely.  The doctors were going to get the second baby out, but then the contractions stopped.  They decided if one baby was born prematurely, they'll wait until the next baby is ready to come out.  Then 87 days later the second baby was born.

There were a lot of positive comments on this article from readers.
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy-living/miracle-twins-born-87-days-apart-set-guinness-140600730.html
Prom dress: I also found this on Yahoo "Military dad makes daughter's prom dress: It's camo."  I saw the dress, and I thought it looked good.  It turns out the dad was in the army so he knew how to sew stripes and hem his uniform.  Making a dress was a major step up.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/parenting/military-dad-makes-daughter-s-prom-dress--it-s-camo-191228290.html

May 6 Post Secret:

"Before the banks foreclosed my childhood home I had one last huge birthday party.  Seeing my drunk friends trash the place was the most cleansing experience of my life."

"I lost my virginity to a prostitute.  I regret it everyday."

"I feel sorry for Dzhokhar and all the victims." (Boston marathon bombings). 

"My college degree has cost me my ability to empathize with others.  I don't think it was worth it."

Me: What do you mean by that?  What did you study?

"The more invisible, unimportant, and stupid people make me feel, the more determined I am to do something amazing.  I WILL.

ACN scam: I recently went on a date.  I met a guy through the internet.  I don't think we really connected.  Anyway, he told me about this ACN thing he's involved with.  I then looked it up and find out it's a scam.  I then emailed him the following:

Here's a long article about how ACN is a scam, and there are lots of comments dissing it.

http://firstsearchblue.com/the-acn-scam-understand-this/

Here's a shorter article with way more comments dissing it:
http://www.mlmeo.com/acn/scam.php
CNIB: I cut out this article from the National Post on May 22, 2012.  "CNIB services create brighter future for kids" by Kerrie St. Jean.  I put this on my Facebook status update because I think everybody should know about it.

"According to CNIB research, there are more than 23,000 children in Canada living with blindness or partial sight.

45% will graduate high school
65% won't be employed as adults
50% of them will live on incomes of $20,000 or less

CNIB helps more than 10,000 children by working with school boards with specialized support.  They learn how to walk with a white cane, navigate school's campus, make dinner, and have a career.  There is computer training, braille and audio books, and other resources.

CNIB is the only organization in Canada that provides most of these services.

I have donated to them before, please donate:

http://www.cnib.ca/en/support/donate/regular/vision4kids/Pages/default.aspx

Crime Stoppers: I was reading the Edmonton Journal on May 4, 2013.  "Working for Tips" by Jana G. Pruden about Crime Stoppers.  Did you know that this is a charity?  I didn't even know that until I read this article.

It talked to Katie Suvanto who was walking by an elementary school and a man attacked her from behind.  No one was close enough to help her, so she fought hard that he let go.  She then called 911 on her cell and spent hours with an Edmonton police sketch artist to draw the attacker's face.

Crime Stoppers asked to do a re-enactment, and Suvanto said yes.  The re-enactment aired on TV, and it lead to an arrest.  After that, women came forward and he was charged in 14 women's attacks.  He was sentenced to a decade in jail.  That is the importance of reporting a rape.  The rapist may go out and attack again.

The Crime Stoppers organization actually began in New Mexico in 1976.  A former newspaper reporter turned homicide detective was investigating the unsolved murder of an Albuquerque university student.  Greg MacAlees then went to local TV station to broadcast the re-enactment.  Within 72 hrs, it lead to a tip to an arrest.

At least 7000 crimes have been solved in Edmonton in the past 30 yrs because of these Crime Stoppers tips.  The re-enactments are the most expensive things to produce, but they are the most effective because it generates a lot of tips.

They pay cash for tips if charges are laid, but "only 20% of people actually pick up their rewards."  People step up for other reasons.

May 6 Cleveland kidnapping: I found this on Yahoo.  This woman named Amanda Berry was missing for 10 yrs.  She was kidnapped and held by a man named Ariel Castro.  He kidnapped her, Michelle Knight, and Gina DeJesus.

Amanda managed to escape and call 911.  I am listening to the 911 call right now.  It's disturbing.  Good that Amanda and the others escaped.  I hope they all get counseling and that the perp get arrested and spend life in prison. 

There are thousands of comments dissing the perp.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/escaped-cleveland-woman-amanda-berry-real-hero-kidnapping-141444873.html

May 7 Sylvia Brown: I found this Yahoo article about the famous "psychic" Sylvia Brown.  She predicted that Amanda Berry was dead, when she wasn't.  In this article, she also predicted another missing kid was dead when he wasn't.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/girl-recovered-10-years-claimed-dead-psychic-230354987.html

Way back in 2011, I actually wrote about Brown before in this blog post.  Go to the bottom of "'Psychic' gets busted.'"

http://badcb.blogspot.ca/2011/11/names-challenge-factory-psyhic-gets.html

Look, if you want to see a psychic, that's fine.  See it for fun. 

May 11 20/20: I was watching 20/20 last night and they talked about this kidnapping.  Amanda Berry was banging on the door and yelling.  This black man Charles was a neighbor and heard her.  He helped break the door.  Michelle Knight went missing in Aug. 2002.  Then he kidnaps Amanda.  In Jan. 26, 2004, the cops came to Ariel Castro's house to ask him why he left a kid in his school bus when he parked it back in the school bus garage.  The cops didn't hear any women at the house.

Gina was then kidnapped in 2004.  She is actually Castro's daughter's friend.  Ariel's daughter was on America's Most Wanted to talk about missing child.  They showed a clip of Amanda's mom on Montel Williams talk show to ask where Amanda is to "psychic" Sylvia Brown.

On Dec. 25, 2006, 19 yr old Amanda was giving birth to Ariel's baby.  Michelle helps her give birth.  The baby stopped breathing when it came out into the kiddie pool.  The four of them were kept in 2 separate rooms upstairs.  Every time they tried to open the door, the alarm would go off.  Michelle got pregnant 5 times, and Ariel beat her up in the stomach so she would miscarry.

Ariel was once stopped at a gas station (shown in police dash cam), for riding a motorcycle without a helmet.  The cop lets him go.  Ariel's mom was interviewed by news stations and she says: "I'm sorry for the mothers.  My son is sick."

Ariel had taken the 6 yr old girl out to church and the playground.  They talked to a man who asked who the little girl was, and Ariel said that it was his girlfriend's daughter.  The cops were looking for the 3 women and not a kid.

One day, Ariel forgets to lock all the doors.  That's how Amanda escaped.  Gina's mom was interviewed.  She says when she brought Gina home, the family all slept together in the living room.  A detective has been interviewed about the case, and says there's a "strong sisterhood" between the 3 kidnapped women. 

No comments: