Wednesday, April 18, 2012

job interview/ junior achievement/ financial chats

Apr. 9 Job interview: Today I went to a job interview. It was average.

The pros: I arrived early, dressed well, and brought what they asked me to bring.

The cons: I felt that I was kind of stumbling on my answers a bit. The guy who wrote down the answers, typed it up and it was the gist of my answers.

Apr. 13: I checked my email and I got rejected.

Rant: This is a mild rant. I was thinking about those 3 employees who got dismissed. Let's just say one of them, I had a rift with. I told him he was too demanding with how the table has to be set perfectly, like putting it to the edge of the table. I mean with a hostess, she has told me I should set for 4 and not for 2. That's fine.

He told me I wasn't a really good worker because I wasn't constantly moving. Well certainly before 9am, it's not really busy so I'm more calm. As soon as 9am comes, I'm constantly dealing with the rush. I guess I want to say is: "Who are you to tell me that I'm not a good worker compared to what you did?"

Vacation pay: I found this article on Yahoo about how Netflix lets their employees take as much vacation days as they want, as long as they keep up with their projects. I read a lot of comments on it about work-life balance.

http://news.yahoo.com/netflixs-unlimited-employee-vacation-policy-why-works-143308255.html

Apr. 14 Junior Achievement: This is youth education organization that teaches about financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. I remember back in gr. 9, a man and a woman came in and did a few financial literacy classes for us. Here's their website:

http://www.jacan.org/

Today I was at West Ed Mall and there were these booths where teens sell their products that they learned how to make and sell from Junior Achievement. I picked up their business cards and talked to them a bit.

Chameleon Cups: This ceramic mug will change color when the cup is hot.

www.chameleoncups.webs.com

Collar Chic: This is an accessory. It's a shirt collar with these studs and other jewels on it.

Me (to the teens): I guess this will be really popular for grad.

http://www.wix.com/collarchic/chic

Chain reaction: They make key chains and some are customized. 25% of their profits will go to the Edmonton Food Bank.

http://www.wix.com/stalphonsuscr/chainreaction

SurvivaCord: This is a bracelet made of Paracord. It looks good. I think guys can wear this jewelery.

http://www.survivacordja.com/productsservices.htm

Carterra: They make Eco-friendly wallets that hold cards.

http://carterra.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Deco Art: This is actually kind of quirky. It's a picture frame where you can write and draw with a chalk. It's like made of chalk board, and it's magnetic so you can put it on the fridge and stick magnets on the frame.

http://decoart.tumblr.com/

Review: All the Junior Achievement websites are really good. I went to all of them. I thought the products are fun and creative gifts.

The Book of Awesome: This is written by Neil Parsricha. I made a note that on page 141 he wrote that "Terrible Businesses run by Children." He talked about being 14 yrs old and selling necklaces for Junior Achievement: "Or basically it was a bunch of kids in a room every Thursday night acting like middle managers with adult supervision."

"Because really, you're just watching them learn things they don't learn in the classroom and have fun doing it. They're learning how to sell, picking up social skills, and jumping right into the whirring gears of the marketplace. And honestly, they're doing all this by just getting out there and giving it a shot."

Apr. 15 Callback: I may have been hired somewhere. I don't know for sure. I may only get one or two shifts a week. I'm kind of stressed out. I will still work at my restaurant job. If this new job doesn't work out like I'm not good at it, and I get dismissed, I still have my restaurant job.

Apr. 18 Financial Chats: I got this article from Alissa Alvarez called "12 Financial Chats You Should Tune into on Twitter." Yesterday I finally set up my Twitter account. This is an informative article.

5. #Careerchat is for Generation Y.
7. #JPchat is for young women's finances.

http://www.onlinemba.com/blog/12-financial-chats-you-should-tune-into-on-twitter/

Personal finance: Jasmine Hall sent me this article "10 Colleges that are Taking on Personal Finance." Everybody should know about savings, investments, and budgeting. After the recession hit and college graduates are going into this economy, they especially need to learn about personal finance. This article lists 10 colleges that are teaching it. It's good that kids are prepared for the real world.

http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2012/04/16/10-colleges-that-are-taking-on-personal-finance/

College majors: Tim Handorf emailed this article "12 College Majors we Hope to See Soon." It's mainly technology like IT for medical technology, mobile app development, digital publishing. There is also climate change. It's a good article because the world is changing and technology and the environment are really important.

http://www.bestcollegesonline.com/blog/2012/04/05/12-college-majors-we-hope-to-see-soon/

Employee motivation: Carol Brown sent me this article "10 Biggest Myths about Employee Motivation." "#4 Surfing the web hurts productivity" is not true because employees do need a mental break from time to time. You have to motivate smart employees and managers have to sometimes set goals for employees. There needs to be a direction.

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2012/04/10/10-biggest-myths-about-employee-motivation/

Blogging: I found this article "Start Blogging to Change the World." Justin Marquis, Ph.D. gave tips like purpose, content, and the audience. He says: "Your reason for writing (purpose) is different than the content that you will write." Get on social media like Facebook and Twitter to advertise your blog.

http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2012/04/start-blogging-to-change-the-world/


6 comments:

roy said...

The overall writing is actually reasonably completely different from others and extremely useful. go to this site they'll tell you concerning the service on your own essay writing.

mikon said...

There is the job interview of the Tracy with the help of which you can enjoy the section of the about us. Get the previous posts with http://www.resumesamples2017.com/career-change-resume-samples-2017 and see the area of the job section. You can be the good worker from this zone.

mikon said...

A new section of the job interview is waiting for your life. You can also enjoy the financial chats and the other deals here. Just get your life with http://www.resumeformat2016.com/best-resume-format-2016 and find the better zone for your life. You can also get the previous posts with this section.

mikon said...

Get the link for the interview here and find the fun. You can get the better achievement here with the fun and can get something new. You can also visit the site and can get the tracy's blog with the special arrangement.

Erick C. Merryman said...

Excellent post.

Erick C. Merryman said...

Job interview is very important to achieve a job. Here you have shared good experience about your job interview. Please visit the site to choose best LinkedIn profile writing services. Also here I got lots of valuable information to get success in job interview. This information should helpful for job applicant's. Thanks