Monday, April 23, 2012

Apocalypse 2012/ blog/ foster kids

Apr. 16 Apocalypse 2012: I was watching Doc Zone on Jan. 5, 2012. It was about the end of the world being Dec. 21, 2012 because it's the last day on the Mayan calender. They interviewed builders who make bomb shelters.

They talked to Lawrence Joseph, author of Apocalypse 2012 and Aftermath.

LJ: Someone who makes claims on baseless fears isn't helpful.

They interviewed Patrick Gewryl, a 2012 survivalist. He says: "In a Mayan book about how solar flares will come to Earth, and make the planet spin backwards."

They talked to Pam Walters who believes in the end of the world. I googled her name and got this:

http://www.december212012.com/believers_list.htm

John Hoopes is a professor of anthropology.

Dr. David Morrison is a NASA space scientist and mentions: "Y2K. People are scared. They think about killing themselves."

George Noory is a radio host: "Be prepared, not scared."

They mentioned the movie 2012 with John Cusack. Here's more about the film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_%28film%29

Jose Arguelis wrote the book The Mayan Factor. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mayan-Factor-Beyond-Technology/dp/0939680386

Lorne Dawson is a religious studies professor.

They talked to Dennis McClung, a 2012 survivalist. There was Jim too, and he won't tell his last name. He was wearing sunglasses, and a handkerchief on his face. Jim said Planet X Nibru will hit Earth.

Peter Gersten is a 2012 survivalist and he believes at 11:11 am, he will jump off a cliff into a portal to save the world.

Apr. 21 My friend N: I got on Twitter so I could look for a job. Then I opened up all my email addresses contacts list and N is on Twitter. I followed him. He's the guy I met at the bus stop last month and haven't heard from since though I email him weekly. I thought I got a break by getting on Twitter.

He had put a phone number on there, so I called it asking for him. A woman answered saying I got the wrong number.

Blog: Ricky Wu read my blog and sent me this email:

"Hey i was wondering on your blog: http://badcb.blogspot.ca/2009/02/oryx-and-crake-essay.html
you have very good ideas that i used in my essay and i was wondering how i should cite this blog in mla format?"

So I sent him a link on how to cite my blog. Just type "Cite blog in mla format" on Google.

Here's another one. Christine Chu emailed me last year. Then she emailed this to me this year:

Hey Tracy!

It's been awhile (last year) since I told you about the diet/fitness "level-up" website I've been working on with some friends... Just want to let you know our website + app are both finally out. If you want to check it out, or use it, it's at slimkicker.com.

It took longer than I expected!! Let me know what you think, and hope you can share it in your blog if you think it can be useful. :)

Have a great day!
Christine
slimkicker.com

Me: I went to the website, and it's okay. I didn't get the app because I'm not totally interested in dieting. If you are interested, then check it out.

The Vertex Fighter: I realized something. All I have been doing is writing about actors and music I could use in my script The Vertex Fighter. I then decided to email some writers and producers to see if they read my script. It turns out I haven't done that in nearly 2 months.

I was busy with working full-time at my job, and my 2nd part-time temporary job. I have also been looking for a office job and going to interviews. So that's why I spent 2 hrs tonight going on Linked In and sending emails.

Writing: It's good to write down your actions by blog or journal. It makes you stay on track with your goals. I remember reading in the Globe and Mail business section of the newspaper "Focus on tasks that bring the most results." I would say working at my job brings money. Looking for an office job will bring even more money.

Cool website: I get this email from Steal the Deal which is a coupon kind of site. They sent me this coupon for Continental Treat Fine Bistro. I like the website. The mouse is followed by wine glasses and bottles. They play classical music in the background like a real fine dining restaurant would play.

There is a lunch and dinner menu, it's kind of pricey though.

http://www.ctfinebistro.com/

Apr. 23 Foster kids: I was watching 20/20 on Dec. 2, 2011. It talked about how foster kids take lots of prescription medication. They take 8-13 medications at the same time. Kids talk about being abused and neglected like not being fed. They talk about being over medicated and wants to stop. After they stop taking the drugs, they feel good and "free."

One kid talked about how after he stopped taking the meds, he was on honor roll 3 times. He says: "Doesn't mean you're in foster care, means that you should never give up and have hope." Foster kids are medicated 13 times more than non-foster kids.

Brooke was taking meds, and then went to a therapist. Brooke and her sister Kayla had a mom who's a drug dealer and a prostitute. They're now adopted.

Diane Sawyer: Can they afford therapy?
Doctor: Can they afford not to?

They talked to this black boy Keante and he's well-spoken. He is then adopted by white parents. He gets good grades.

The meds are behaviorial psychotropic drugs like Ritalin for ADHD.

Gabriel Meyers is a 7yr old foster boy who hung himself. It's ruled an accident, but the cops said the meds contributed to it. They interviewed this East Indian doctor who spent 5min with Gabriel, and how he's kicked out of of Medicaid. The doctor was arrested for cocaine.

Social worker mom (in shadows to hide identity): It's easier to give meds then spend an hour at a therapist.

Judith was 5yrs old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She's adopted. 1 in 10 foster kids are adopted.

Keante went to court about changing the practice of giving meds to kids. He says therapy helps.

There is a residential centre called Mary Hearst for kids. Jeremiah and DJ are 6 and 8 yrs old. Jeremiah dances like Michael Jackson and the movie Grease. Their mom is a drug addict.

The therapist at the centre used to work for a pharmacy company.

Also at the centre, they talked to Sarah who's 15 yrs old. She was abandoned at 3. She looks like Avril Lavigne (my opinion.) She loves Justin Beiber.

One family saw Primetime 6 yrs ago about foster care, and they called the next day. They adopted Jeremiah and DJ.

Rogers Video: I read in the newspaper that Rogers Video is closing down because no one rents movies anymore. So buy your dvds now from there. Their wireless cellphones will be around.

Twisted Sisters Boutique: I went to a job interview and found this clothing store. It's a small and independent store. The clothes, shoes, jewelery are nice, but kind of expensive.

Tim Horton's: Last month I tried the Tim Horton's lasagna. It was average. I didn't like that it was all in a bowl. I like the lasagna where you can cut it up in slices.

1 comment:

PamelaT said...

Thank you for sharing this. My son was recently diagnosed with bipolar and even though it is difficult to deal with I feel lucky that we have a diagnosis so we can treat it. I have found a lot of helpful advice about children with bipolar at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-bc. I hope this is helpful.