Friday, April 6, 2012

funny story/ undercover cop/ Robin Thicke

Mar. 29 Funny story: This is from Daily Silly. It's a pretty good story.

The story is told about a king in Africa who had a close friend he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) and remarking, "This is good!"

One day the king and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the king. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the king fired it and his thumb was blown off. Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good!" To which the king replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and proceeded to send his friend to jail.

About a year later, the king was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured him and took them to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the king was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So untying the king, they sent him on his way.

As he returned home, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend. "You were right," he said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "And so I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this."

"No," his friend replied, "this is good!"

"What do you mean, "this is good!" How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

"If I had not been in jail, I would have been with you!"

Mar. 30 Undercover cop: I was checking what's on 20/20, and I found this clip: "21 Jump Street Movie Plot plays in Real Life." They interviewed the cop Alex Salinas who is a 22yr old cop. He went undercover as a student at a high school to bust drugs just like in 21 Jump Street.

It was kind of funny to watch AS talk about the difficulties. There are a couple of times where he was about to say his real name. He was worried, people will figure him out. He managed to make a lot of friends. He was a C-student the first time when he was in high school, and now he's an A-student. I guess, if you done it once before, you know the material so it would be easier the second time.

They talked to this girl who she went to school with Alex. She said: "I thought he was cute. I wanted him to ask me to prom." lol. He was on Facebook and connected with the students. After 8 months, he was able to arrest 12 students.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/21-jump-street-movie-plot-plays-real-life-16036673

Apr. 3 Cop joke: I got this from Daily Silly:

A cop pulled someone over for speeding. The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said. The kid replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

Me: I thought it was an average joke.

Gender joke: Also from Daily Silly:

Yesterday, scientists for Health Canada suggested that men should take a look at their beer consumption, considering the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women.

To test the finding, 100 men were fed 6 pints of beer each.

It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologize when wrong.

No further testing is planned.

Me: This joke has mixed results for me. It's like you're dissing women for their normal behavior. You're dissing men for their drunk behavior. So they're even.

Headlines: I got this from Jena Ellis who sent me this through my blog: “10 Headline Bloopers That Probably Got Someone Fired.” It's a little funny. It's mostly unintentional racial, homosexual, sexual words thrown in. Each headline got this paragraph of explanation.

Here's one: "Reader Fingers Murder Suspect." It sounds like a reader and murder did something sexual. Well, the first time I read it, I knew it meant that the reader pointed at someone.

http://www.onlinecertificateprograms.org/blog/2012/10-headline-bloopers-that-probably-got-someone-fired/

Apr. 4 Golden Rice Bowl: I went there last week for dinner. It's a good Chinese restaurant. It has nice decor with these chandeliers. There are these bright neon fish in fish tank. The food was really good. It was also busy because it was the weekend.

Apr. 5 Robin Thicke: I was on Youtube listening to music as I do my job search. I see that Demi Lavoto has put a new video up. I then thought: "This is how I found out that Robin Thicke had 'Love After War' up. Maybe he has a new video out." I then looked it up and he has released "Pretty Little Heart" feat. Lil Wayne.

The video starts off with this little toy monkey banging symbols. A figure in the back is stumbling. It's RT wearing a red jacket, black pants, and a white shirt.

Me: Rebel Without a Cause!

If you've ever seen the James Dean movie, that's how Rebel starts. I thought the video was okay. Show some scenes with RT playing the piano and singing at a bar. Show him playing guitar while sitting on a bed. Show him making out with a girl in the hotel, and outside the hotel.

RT acting tortured while walking down the road and singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVghQ9b38P8

No comments: