Monday, November 14, 2011

school/ Wes Brown/ Hart of Dixie

Nov. 9 School: I was talking to my dad about those continuing education classes. At MacEwan, there were these 1 or 2 day classes teaching things like Microsoft Excel. It costs about $300. My dad says I shouldn't go to it, because it's hard. They will cram everything in these 2 days. Will you remember it all?

If you take extensive notes and keep studying afterwards, you will. He says I should check out a book from the library about Excel and study it. I told him I thought of that before, and went to the library last week. I tried to check out a book, but my library card expired and I didn't have $12 on me to renew it.

The Situation: In 2010, I was unemployed for 8 months and was looking really hard for a regular job and an office job. I then got a regular job at a restaurant. I only work part-time, and my free time is mainly unpaid work of looking for an office job. I spend hours on the internet looking for offices to apply to, going to interviews and writing about it in my weekly emails/ blog posts. I have worked like this for a year now, and I haven't been hired. Now it's time to really study Microsoft Excel.

Confidence: I need to show more confidence in my interviews. Confidence comes from knowledge. I need to study and learn to build my skills. Confidence comes from experience. I learn by doing.

Nov. 10: Today I checked out an Excel book and read some of it.

Jewelery store: Over the weekend I called up one of my friends who worked at jewelry store. She said she was dismissed even though she sold $2000 of jewelery in one month. The boss said: "You sold a lot, but you're not a fit."

I don't know what the whole story is. By all means $2000 isn't really that good. It's like that time I worked at Call Centre #4 and I got 9 completes in one day. I thought that was good, but the boss did not. Yeah, well my friend did get another job right away and she really likes it.

Nov. 11 Study habits: I find it hard to concentrate on my Excel book. I know what my good study environment is: When I'm alone, no music or TV, use highlighters and pencils when reading because I'm a visual learner. I lightly underline the words with my pencil when I read, but I can't do that with a library book.

Nov. 12 Wes Brown: Here's something that I hardly ever do: have fun on the internet by looking up actors that I like. Seriously, all I do on the internet is look for a job and write my weekly emails. I really like this actor Wes Brown since I saw him on an ep of Criminal Minds ep "Slave of Duty." Then I went on Youtube to watch him in a CSI: Miami ep where he's only in the beginning of it.

Then I went and found the episodes he was on in True Blood season 2 on the internet. I saw the beginning of the movie We Are Marshall when it was on TV for him. I watched Private Practice promo on Youtube because he was in it.

I just "liked" him on Facebook. lol. Did you know that he's in Hallmark TV movies? He plays Clark and the story takes place in the 18th century.

Love Begins trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otj_N280meA

Here's an "On Location" behind- the -scenes and interviews with making it. I like the 4 sec mark where you see WB's smile, because it looks so genuine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncpPrPYavw

Here's the sequel Love's Everlasting Courage trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMdfCRPZcQ&feature=related

Here's the "On Location" of this TV movie. At the 1:50 min mark:

WB: The first thing my manager told me, was that Cheryl Ladd is going to be playing your mother. No pressure.
WB rolls his eyes and shows that he's stressed out by it. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MekHhBMb4&feature=related

Nov. 14 Hart of Dixie: Last week I was watching TV, and I saw the promo for Hart of Dixie. Wes Brown was in it and I screamed! I just saw the episode today. In the satellite info, his name was in the episode description. His name wasn't in the opening credits under "guest-star." He was only in 3 scenes.

He plays a veterinarian. He asks the lead character Zoe Hart on a date. Zoe chickens out and cancels the date later, and then at the end she talks about taking baby steps into dating so she goes and have coffee with him. It was kind of inspirational. I can relate to Zoe. Z talks about how her life is kind of at a stand still and she's not dating or totally moving forward in her career. She's a doctor, but it's a small town.

Review: Let's start off that Hart is about a young woman named Zoe Hart who's from New York. The lead is Rachel Bilson (Summer from The OC) and she is a young dr. who got a job as a doctor, but it's way down in the Southern US. So there's the "fish out of water" element. This is the first episode I've ever seen, and it was good. It had emotion, and this warm feeling you get from living in a small town.

It kind of reminded me of The Gilmore Girls, also about young women living in a small town. I like Hart, but I don't think I will watch it every week. Tune in occasionally if I have time. It was created by Leila Gerstein and she also produces Gossip Girl. I noticed Josh Schwartz produces it to. He created The OC and Gossip Girl.

Actors: I was watching Hart and there were some people who looked familiar. There was this black man Cress Williams who plays Mayor Lavon Hayes. It turns out I saw him before on Veronica Mars. There's the actor Wilson Bethel who looked so familiar. After 45min, I said: "Wasn't he on The Young and the Restless?" I was right. lol.

Job search: The World Financial Group called me again today. They said I applied as an admin assistant, but they want some adviser positions that are available. I asked if it's about selling, and they said yes. My dad told me that selling things isn't really good to the other time they called. So I turned them down and told him to call me for an admin assistant instead of an adviser position.

Job interview: Today I went to a job interview in an industrial part of town. The buses are more frequent and a bit easier to get to. I was like 50min early, so I walked around for 15min to see what other companies are there that I could apply to. I then found some companies that I had applied to before.

I was 30min early, but we did the interview right then and there. There were 15 applicants, and 6 interviews. It's a temporary position and even the boss said they're not sure how long the position is going to be. There's a chance the person may not come back for their old job so it could be permanent. It was about a 5min long interview.

Stress: I was walking for 15min at 0 degrees. After the interview, it was snowing, and then it came really hard. At least I didn't have to wait too long for the bus. I was like: "I have to find my other winter jacket." This morning I found one, and the zipper was broken. I got home and was tired, stressed out, and cold. However, I worked through it by looking for a job on the internet.

No comments: