Wednesday, November 2, 2011

busy plots/ sad news/ charity

Oct. 31 Busy plots: Here's something I haven't wrote about much: writing and stories. I've been too busy with my job search.

Flashpoint: I was thinking about that Flashpoint ep "A Day in the Life." There were 3 emergencies going on in one day, Valentine's day. I remember reading an article in the National Post about the situations that occur; they're something that would only occur once in a cop's career.

First there was a man that was going to jump off a bridge because his wife died three years ago on that day. I got a little teary-eyed there. They have to talk him down.

Then they have to go to a strip club because a woman has held the strip club manager hostage. They have to prevent a mom from killing the manager because her daughter works as a stripper there, and she's only 17. It was very rushed, because I want to know how this mom manages to get that guy's hands tied up if she's holding a knife. Maybe she got someone at the club to tie his hands up for her.

Then the team has to run over to this business building because a gunman Oliver wants revenge. It's about Rena (Sonya Salomaa who was on Durham County and Flash Gordon. Flashpoint star Hugh Dillon was also on Durham County). This is the biggest plot.

It turns out Oliver is in love with Rena. O is looking for her. R is talking to the SRU team and gives info: "He sent emails, bought gifts. I rejected him gently. I then fired him. Now he's back." R then shows herself to O so he won't shoot co-workers.

O then proposes to R. I jumped when O got shot in the head when he was about to hurt R. I did like the line: "Words, not weapons."

What they should have done was maybe have two plots. Keep the gunman in the business building plot, and maybe use one of the two smaller plots. You need some time to develop stories.

Scary Movie: This wasn't even that good of a movie. It was way too busy, because they were making fun of everything. I did like Scary Movie 3, because it was funny, and it didn't seem really busy.

The Sick Sense: I mentioned watching this short film on the internet. It was making fun of two movies. They took Bruce Willis's character from The Sixth Sense and paired it up with Patch Adams from Patch Adams.

The Baby- sitter's club movie: I saw this movie when I was like 10. I've been reading this book for a few years and I was really excited to see the movie. Now that I think of it, it's not really that good of a movie, but it's clean and wholesome. There were plots going for different characters, but it wasn't really busy.

We got Kristy's estranged father whom she haven't seen in years, he comes back into her life. Alan keeps hitting on Dawn. Mary Anne has to keep Cokie from hitting on MA's boyfriend Logan. Stacey falls in love with a 17 yr old guy, and she's 13. Claudia has to pass summer school. Jessi and Mallory don't have plots. They all run a summer camp together. I totally remembered the movie, without looking it up. It came out in 1995.

Flashback: I'm getting a flashback. I remember it was in like 1995 or 1996. My friend Leslie was in my room and there were these Baby- Sitter Club collages I made. L said she saw the movie and her favorite character was Stacey. As a kid, my favorite character was Dawn. I guess because she's from California, and she didn't really have any big problems.

Nov. 1 Work: Today was kind of a rough day for me. I go to work, and it was so quiet. Very few people came, and the other workers left an hr early. I made very little in tips. One of the servers told me that at the old restaurant, bussers usually didn't even work on the weekdays, and only the weekends. The good part is that I got to leave on time to get to my job interview that afternoon.

Job interview: I went to the interview and it was a group interview with 4 other people. There was supposed to be a 5th person, but he didn't show up. The interview was a group one, and then later they asked us each individual questions in another room.

I was with 2 other people waiting, and we talked. I advertised my restaurant and the prices. These 2 may or may not show up to the restaurant. I got a phone call from the office and I was rejected. That's fine.

I was going through my notes from one of the hotels I was interviewed for last week. They said they would make a decision by Sat. and will call by Mon. Well it's Tues, so if they really wanted to hire me, they would have called by now.

Part-time: At today's interview, they said they're looking for a couple part-time people. It's to see if they're good, and then they can get full-time. They have hire one full-time person before, and it often doesn't work out, because it's a stressful position.

I was talking to my dad about the hotel interviews. It's good to hire a few part-time people, because if one doesn't make it to work, there is someone else you can call to work for you.

Sad news: You have to keep a perspective on things. I was on Yahoo news, and you know the Filipino singer Charice? She was on Glee. Her dad was stabbed and died yesterday. The article said she was estranged from her father for years, but wanted to reconcile.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/glee-singing-star-charice-very-sad-dads-stabbing-202103446.html

Celeb news: I'm sure you heard by now that Kim Kardashian filed for divorce after 72 days of marriage to Kris Humphries. There are a lot of short celeb marriages like Jennifer Lopez's 2nd marriage to her dancer Chris Judd. They were married for 9 months. There was the One Tree Hill's Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush, who were married for 5 months.

Shopping: I stopped by City Centre. Did you know that the GAP closed down? ARJ Imports sells jewelery, bags, handcrafted furniture, and cushions that are $11. That's a good price.

Revlon: My mom got this as a gift, and I was allowed to use it. Revlon has this body wash called Flirty Bouquet. It smells so sweet and good.

Charity: At the interview, I was talking to one of the applicants. He has worked in a charity where he fund raise for homelessness. There are a lot of charities like Hope Mission, Bissell Centre, Youth Emergency Shelter, etc. There's the Edmonton's 10 yr plan to end homelessness. He thinks it's very helpful because 75 people got homes, and they're building their lives.

Nov. 2: I went to another interview today. It was 15min long, by these two women asking questions. I felt nervous and stressed in the interview. I've done 7 interviews last month, and 1 yesterday. I've had a lot of practice, but I guess the impression I'm getting is that the job seemed very difficult. I flopped a couple questions. There were 35 applicants. I don't know if they're interviewing all of them.

I guess the only thing I shined in was talking about my writing a blog post about how they're 7 billion on the planet.

Me: When I was in school, I was told that we won't get this high because of of war, murder, natural disasters like earthquake and tsunamis.
Interviewer: I read that we would get to 8 billion by 2000 and uh-
Me: 2025.
Interview: Yes.

No comments: