Saturday, November 19, 2011

magic clerk/ Trapped in a Closet/ Once Upon a Time

Nov. 17 Magic clerk: On Jay Leno, there's the segment of "Magic Clerk" where the magician Michael Carbonora works at a convenience store and he does magic tricks on people. There's this bowling ball in a box and it can only fit one ball. Then two balls come out of it. It was so cool.

He smashes a bag full of nuts and a bottle in the plastic bag. Nothing breaks. There was a scorpion in a bag of chips. It was so scary because it was a real scorpion. The woman was so scared, but then he tells her she's on the Tonight Show and she laughs.

Nov. 19 Trapped in a Closet: Earlier this week I was watching Pop Up Video and they showed R. Kelly's "Trapped in a Closet." It's the first part. There is actually a whole series of videos. I put it up on my Facebook status:

"Tracy Au is looking for a job and listening to R. Kelly's song "Trapped in a Closet." It's a long and crazy story."

My friend Omar commented and said: "That is indeed a long and crazy story."

Ed the Sock from MuchMusic described it as: "The black version of Desperate Housewives." lol.

The first part of the video is where R. Kelly wakes up and he had cheated on his wife with this woman in the club. Then the woman says she's married to a pastor, and he's coming upstairs so R. Kelly has to hide in the closet. Then the pastor husband enters. RK's phone rings, so the husband starts looking around for him and/ or the cell phone.

In the 2nd video, it turns out the pastor is gay and is cheating on his wife with another man.

The other day I was looking for a job and I realized I was listening to the entire nearly 2 hr music videos. If you put all the music videos together, it will be like a musical movie. It's very unintentionally funny because it's so ridiculous at times.

There are guns involved, and another woman cheating on her husband....with a midget. What? If you have time to surf the internet, you will have fun listening to this story. lol.

MADtv: I found the MADtv parody of "Trapped in a Closet." It's called "Trapped in a Cupboard." I totally remembered the first part where R. Kelly wakes up singing to the woman: "Damn, I wish you were 13." Remember he was arrested for statutory rape? The parody is good as he sings about buying cereal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7putw2A4FiI

Woman marries sister's husband: I found this on Yahoo. It's where a 42 yr old woman Jackie Devita asked her sister Colleen Leary to marry her husband when she dies. Jackie dies, and 3 months later, Colleen marries Jackie's widower Richard.

Colleen: I always say to people, 'Was I in love with him? No. Do I love him now? Yes.' He's a good man.

I think with marriage, you should marry because you're in love with this person. The kids are happy because their aunt is now their step-mom. Well if everybody's happy, then that's all that matters.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/sister-wives--woman-marries-sister-s-husband-to-honour-her-final-request.html

Once Upon a Time: I had written a review of the show before, the pilot was very good. It's about fairytale characters being transported into the real world and they don't know that they are fairytale characters. The 10 yr old boy Henry gets his biological mother Emma who gave him for adoption to Storybrooke town to help people.

In this ep "The Price of Gold", it's about Cinderella. It reminded me of the TV movie Cinderella starring the singer Brandy as the title character, and Whitney Houston as the fairy godmother.

Back to the show, Cinderella meets her fairy godmother and then she gets killed by Rumpelstiltskin. Cinderella makes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin to get out of poverty and she signs the contract.

Back to the real world, the Sheriff offers Emma a job as a deputy. The bad mayor/ Henry's adoptive mother Regina tells Emma that:

Regina: In order to grow, you have to set roots.

Emma moves around a lot because she's chasing people who skip bonds. Emma then meets Cinderella in real life. C's name is Ashley.

Ashley is 19 and pregnant. Emma tells her that she was 18 and pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption.

Emma: People are going to tell you who you are in life. You have to punch back.

Emma gives a good pep talk to her. Ashley then breaks into Mr. Gold's (Rumpelstiltskin) place to get to the safe.

Cut to the fairytale world. Cinderella marries Prince Thomas.

Snow White (tells Cinderella): You showed that anyone can change their life.

Rumpelstiltskin wants Cinderella's first born. Cinderella tells Prince Thomas the truth about R's deal.

Prince: Magic may have brought us together, but it didn't create our love.

Cut to real life, Mr. Gold hires Emma to look for Ashley because she took the contract. Emma finds the Prince whose name is Shawn. She gives a pep talk to him to do what he wants and not what his dad wants. Shawn's dad found someone (Mr. G) to pay Ashley very well so the baby will have a good home. But, Mr. G is evil.

It's funny when Ruby (Little Red Riding Hood) tells Emma and Henry about Ashley as they look for her.

Henry: Wait, she has a step mom, stepsisters, and is a maid?
lol.

Ruby tells them that Ashley is going to Boston. I like that Ruby (Canadian actress Meghan Ory) has more of a part in this ep than being a waitress. Emma tells Henry to go home so she can drive to Boston. Henry ends up hiding in the back of the car and comes along. Emma lets him.

Cut to the fairytale. The plan is to get Rumpelstiltskin to sign a new contract with a red quill to trap him.

Cut to real life, and Ashley got into a car accident and goes into labor.

Cut to fairytale. Cinderella shows the contract to Rumpelstiltskin: "I'll give you twins because I don't have any money. There aren't any crops to grow on this soil. You give me soil and I'll give you the twins." He signs it and he's trapped in this magical freeze.

Cut to real life and Ashley gives birth to a baby girl. An Asian woman dr. tells Emma and Henry that.

Cut to fairytale. Prince Thomas then went missing.
Rumpelstiltskin: When I get the baby, I'll give you Thomas.

Cut to real life. Emma makes a deal with Mr. G.

E: You don't take Ashley's baby.
Mr. G: I won't. I'll need something from you later.
E: Deal.

This is a good set up for a later storyline.

Shawn comes back to Ashley. The baby's name is Alexandra and he gives her baby shoes like glass slippers.

It was a good story. One lesson is that you can change your life. My nitpick is that I hope everybody knows that it's a fictional story about fairytale characters in the real world. The other lesson it seems to give is that if you have a baby, your boyfriend will be there for you and you can be a family, and raise the baby together.

Teen pregnancy: It reminds me of the Tyra Banks show where they did an ep about teen pregnancy. They interviewed this African- American girl Jessica.

Jessica: I want to have a baby with my ex-boyfriend. He doesn't want to have a baby. I feel like when the baby comes he will want to be with me and we can be a family. We can then raise the baby together.

Cut to 6 months later, she's back on the show.

Jessica: After I was on your show, a month later I saw myself on TV. I then realized how stupid and ridiculous I sounded an looked. I realized that I'm not ready to have a baby at all. (Starts crying.) Oh thank you Tyra for having me on your show and making me realize I'm not ready to have a baby.

No comments: