Thursday, November 24, 2011

Robin Thicke/ job articles/ Billionare secrets

Nov. 22 Robin Thicke: I was watching Britney Spears's "Criminal" and then stumbled upon Robin Thicke's new video "Love After War." It's from his new album that will be out this year. I clicked on it immediately. It stars RT's real wife, actress Paula Patton. The beginning gave me high expectations because it said it was written and directed by Hype Williams. He directed a lot of music videos.

I then saw it. I thought it was average. I liked that RT was wearing a muscle shirt in the beginning, and in the 2:15 sec mark, he has his shirt off. I didn't know that he was so athletic with abs. In his videos, he's always covered up. You may see him in a short- sleeved shirt, but that's all he reveals.

What I didn't like was that there wasn't much going on in the video. It said it was "written by" so I thought there was going to be a story, but there wasn't. It's mainly RT and PP dancing, sitting around, making out with each other.

The song was okay, but I got to say I love his song "Sex Therapy." I have his three albums "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" (2007), "Something Else" (2008), "Sex Therapy" (2009). I bought them all last year in 2010 since I heard "Sex Therapy."

Here's his video "Love after War":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwFtfnUGJfg

Nov. 23 Job articles: I get Alberta Job Centre newsletters emailed to me. I like this article "Stay sane while on the job hunt." The tips were do temporary work, collect letters of references from past bosses and certificates and put it together. It's to remind yourself that you have achieved things.

Get a hobby, plan your day if you're at work, and chill out.

http://www.albertajobcentre.ca/content/index.cfm?objectid=8957A7E4-2219-80B4-53A4AFFF6FA79C3F&utm_source=Albertajobcentre.ca&utm_campaign=ed8cd9841e-AB_Career_Nov_9_201111_9_2011&utm_medium=email

Here's one: "How to Customize Your Resume." The resume needs a focus, and should really be targeted specifically to the job ad or company. I remember my friend Angela saying that to me years ago.

http://www.albertajobcentre.ca/content/index.cfm?objectid=D19C531A-2219-80B4-532CA7C9EEEF68A1&utm_source=Albertajobcentre.ca&utm_campaign=52fd4db22f-AB_Career_Nov_23_201111_23_2011&utm_medium=email

"4 Nifty Online Places your Resume can Live" says you can post your resume on your website or blog. The article mentions a resume hosting platform, social media profiles, and put your resume into your email account so you can send it right away.

I have a personal blog about TV shows, movies, news. I have a professional blog, but it's about my The Vertex Fighter script. I don't know how my resume can fit into the latter one. On the blog it does mention my Professional Writing college diploma. I have my resume in my email as my backup if my 3.5 floppy disk stops working on me.

http://www.albertajobcentre.ca/content/index.cfm?objectid=AD65A59C-2219-80B4-533DDB7EAC963B44&utm_source=Albertajobcentre.ca&utm_campaign=a30eaddcd8-AB_Career_Nov_16_201111_16_2011&utm_medium=email

Linked In: I went through my old emails and got one from Linked In about "adding skills" to my profile. I then added a whole lot of skills onto it. Maybe I'll get a job through it.

Nov. 24 Rant: I signed up to this info session about the new plastic bills and how to discern counterfeit money. I read my career book for about 30min to bide my time before it starts. Then I went to see if there is still going to be a session. I got there and the guy who was setting it up said the speaker said it will be 1hr and a half. My boss told me it was going to be 30min long.

I decided to skip it because I have a lot of job search to do. To add to my rant, I made a call to the boss to say I was skipping it. It turns out I didn't have any money on my phone account. I got a message that said I could make a collect call, but I decided to go home.

Abs: That Robin Thicke music video has seriously had an effect on me. I went and looked him up and here's a picture of him with his shirt off. He's at the beach, and his abs are flat. It's average.

http://socialitelife.com/shirtless-robin-thicke-bikini-clad-paula-patton-soak-up-the-sun-photos-07-2011/robin-thicke-catching-some-rays-in-miami-5

Then you watch the video and he's totally fit. So I guess he worked out for the video.

Kid: Then I found pictures of RT's 1 and a half yr old son Julian. The kid doesn't really look like either of the parents. The kid has blond hair and neither of the parents have that. Wait, he has RT's eyes.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/10/10/robin-thicke-paula-patton-pumpkin-patch-with-julian/

Billionare Secrets: I was watching 20/20 on Oct. 28,2011. They interviewed billionares who use their money and success to help others. They tell you how they got to be so successful.

Guy Laliberté: It talked about Cirque Soliel creator Guy Laliberté who was raised in Quebec City. He left at 16, and became a street performer. He played the accordion and made enough money to fly to Paris. He slept on a bench, with $50 on him.

The director of Cirque, Thomas says Guy is very confident. 5000 employees work at the Montreal location. He started the One Drop Foundation that gives fresh water to 3rd world countries. He has won $7 million playing poker because he's a risk taker. A wealth expert Robert Frank in the episode said: "Success come from taking risks."

Lynn Tilton: Lynn Tilton buys companies in jeapordy. She saves them by getting rid of things that don't work and make it profitable. She owns 75 companies. She generates $8 million a year. She helps the economy by having people keep their jobs by buying the company.

She was 23, divorced, and had an infant daughter. She works at Wall Street, 15 hrs a week. She was sexually harassed there for 19 yrs. Their were clients who call her to ask what she's wearing. She sued, and then settled and got money. She quit.

She now lives in a mansion, and shows off her clothes, and 500 pairs of shoes. She hugs her management team. She talks about Occupy Wall Street.

LT: You must create jobs, or there will be violence on the streets.

Her success tip was: "Don't do it for the money. Follow the path to do what makes your heart beat faster. Follow your passion."

Jean Paul Dejora: Jean and his brother lived in foster homes and saw their mom on the weekends. He got older and ran around with guns. He then joined the navy, and was a door-to-door sales man and was rejected.

Jean: Stay enthusiastic after getting rejected.

He got married when he was 20 yrs old, and his wife left him with a 2 yr old son. He worked at 3 hairstyling jobs and was dismissed. He met a man named Paul Mitchell and they teamed up together with $700 to sell shampoo. Jean lived in a car with his son for a couple of months. Paul later died of cancer.

Jean's been married for 20 yrs and they have a 14 yr old son. They live in a mansion with a 5 star chef.

He visits Boys and Girls Clubs, and paid for the renovation. He used to go the club when he was kid. He helps homeless people get jobs. He also helps people in 3rd world countries grow their own field.

5 comments:

Sanja said...

You can now find the job articles in this area and can mention the great settings of the time. Just find the helpful link here and can see the previous posts in this area of the information. You can also get the best settings here.

Fulls said...

If you are the person with the billionare secrets then the blog is for you. You can find the best previous posts in this section. Just get the final touch and enjoy the best source and hop over to this website to get more information.

mikon said...

This is a sort of motivational letter to you and you need more tips here to idealize what is more important for you and how you can change what is inside for you so they can give you your 100%

Claire Bell said...

You need to bring some excitement and colors in your posts for students.Your http://www.ksaexamples.info/knowledge-skills-and-abilities-template/ standard is no more that old one which I used to quote to my students.

anonymous said...

Such an amazing blog you have posted, College is the eventual fate of the understudies and pioneer ought to comprehend the state of the present and oversee legitimate things for the fate of the understudies and you can click here for more info to get educational task. Understudies require an agreeable and great condition for the examination.=