Thursday, November 10, 2011

Post Secret/ 9 yr old artist/ Alicia Josipovic

Nov. 6 Post Secret: Here's some secrets:

"I just sold my range rover so I could afford to adopt my niece."

There's a soldier's secret. It's a picture of a loved one: "This picture has gotten me through more pain and hardship than most civilians can imagine."

"During the past two years, the US military has lost more men and women to suicide than it has to combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. [ABC News]"

"I'm doing a job that requires a license and I made one up on the computer. My employer bought it and now I've been employed for 10 years and I feel guilty everyday for lying."

Me: Well then go and get that license to ease your guilt. Or maybe you don't need to get it if you've been working there for 10 yrs, then you must be good at it. But really, go get your license.

Good news: I found this on Yahoo News. This man robs a hotel clerk, then the hotel clerk yells for help. 2 MMA fighters were there and they managed to hold the robber down. They did calm the robber down and held him down with their MMA moves when the police came.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Fighters-in-L-A-for-BJJ-tournament-stop-a-robbe?urn=mma-wp9093

Nov. 7 Feelings: I feel angry and depressed. I get into these moods sometimes. Yesterday at work, I worked downstairs and it's not as busy so I didn't get a lot of tips. Usually the other busser works downstairs, but they switched it up this time. I guess I could have gone upstairs, but didn't think of that until the shift was ending. Throw in another server ranting about working downstairs.

Award: Today I got this paper glued onto a poster board from work. It's recognizing me for working there for 1 yr. That was nice.

Heart attack: I also need to gain perspective. Someone at work had a heart attack. He was overweight, and it turns out he was diabetic. I told my dad and he said if it's the guy's first heart attack, he will survive. If it's the third one, then he won't survive.

Nov. 8 Job: As usual, everything has to go back to discussing about jobs. The manager had a heart attack, he will take time off. He's in his 50s and may be forced to retire. He could go to part-time work, but are there part-time manager positions available? My dad pointed that out to me.

I got a call back from an interview that I did. The non-profit organization rejected me. That's fine. It seemed really hard where they talked about the duties of event planning. The starting salary was $38,000. I flopped on the question about how to make a table of contents on Microsoft Word. I thought you could type in "Chapter 1" and then "....." and then the page number. She then pointed out there was a tool on there that creates table of contents for you.

Job interviews: Today I went to a job interview at an art gallery. It was an average interview. There are only two people working there right now. The duties is mainly filing and there are boxes of paper to go through. There were a lot of applicants. I can work there and still work at my restaurant. I can see myself working there. However, there may be other applicants who are more interested in art than I am.

Nov. 9 Real estate: I went to a job interview today at a real estate firm. It was kind of far away. I got the call yesterday to come in. There were some pros and cons. The pro was that I got some more self- confidence in myself by learning the bus schedule to get there. I have to take two buses, and one of them comes every 30min. At least during 7-8am and 3-5pm, it comes every 15 min.

I also went to a different part of the city so I can learn what other offices are available there, so maybe I could apply to them. The interview was only a few min. long. The office had nice brick walls and paintings.

The cons were that there were 9 interviews that day, and I was the first one. She will be making a decision by the end of the day or tomorrow. I doubt I really impressed her because she told me about the job, but didn't really ask about me. I guess I could hope that other people don't show up for the interview, come in late and make a bad impression. The job is part-time and in the afternoons so I could still work at the restaurant.

Clinic: In the afternoon I went to another job interview at a clinic. There were 50 applicants to 10 interviews. I have a 10% chance of getting hired. They ask questions about helping people.

9 yr old artist: I found this on Yahoo news, about a 9 yr old artist named Keiron Williams who sold $245,000 Canadian worth of paintings to buy him and his family a house. He sold 33 of his paintings within 30min at an art show. That is so impressive.

To be 9 yrs old, to make this much money, this fast. There are artists out there, who never sell a painting or sold that much.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/mini-monet-sells-enough-art-buy-home-175009726.html

Speed: I was on Kijiji and I bookmarked a job ad that was posted yesterday, but that I found today. I came back a few hours later, and the ad was gone. You have to be on there all the time, and apply as soon as you read it. It happened one time last summer. A office called me on my cell phone, I called them back the next day and they said the position was filled.

Saying: I was thinking about the saying "You miss all the shots you never take." I always give job interviews a try. Even if I have a low chance, it's still a chance.

Chances: I remember watching Tyra Banks show, and she talked about what the odds are. Like what's easier? Being the President of the USA or an Olympic athlete? I would say Olympic athlete because there are so many of them. As for Presidents, there are 40 something of them. I was right. It's easier to become an Olympic athlete.

Charity: I was watching Pop Up Video with Jamie Foxx's video "Blame it." He has a sister with Down syndrome, and she's actually in the video dancing. The info says she lives with him. He raises money for charities that help people with her condition.

Alicia Josipovic: She plays Bianca on Degrassi. She's now also pursuing music, and there was a MuchMusic show called Signed where they profiled her. She's on Wax Records. I'm not really a fan of her or her character on the show, but it was interesting. Do you remember the Canadian pop trio B44 with their song "Get Down"? It was in 2000.

Well two of the members are twin brothers Ryan and Dan and they did come back as duo. They have now appeared as music producers on the show. AJ then works with Josh Ramsey, the lead singer from the Canadian band Mariana's Trench. They co-wrote songs together.

There's a part where AJ talks about how her dad passed away 2 months ago. She's now writing a song about it. She and her dad had music in common. I can relate to her talking about producers, writers, and her song writing. I may not write songs, but I do get feedback from producers and writers who tell me their opinions about my script.

No comments: