Thursday, December 12, 2013

Birtukan Midekssa for Amnesty International

My friend is in jail for...

Dear Tracy,

I was serving a life sentence when the Ethiopian government set me free -- thanks to pressure from Amnesty International. Now safe at home with my daughter, I'm trying to help others who have been jailed for expressing their political beliefs.

Will you lend me a hand? Together, we can insist that the Ethiopian government release my friend, journalist Eskinder Nega.

Please make a donation to Amnesty. For a short time your donation will be matched dollar for dollar, giving Amnesty twice the resources to fight for Eskinder's freedom and the freedom of others who have been unjustly imprisoned.

Eskinder is serving an 18-year sentence for writing articles and making speeches critical of the Ethiopian government and supporting freedom of expression. He was charged with terrorism-related offenses in 2011.

Amnesty is calling for Eskinder's immediate and unconditional release. Please help fund their efforts.

To help free Eskinder, expert Amnesty campaigners are mobilizing their worldwide network to write letters in support of his release -- the same kind of mobilization effort that helped secure my release in 2010.

It can and does work. But it can only happen with your financial support.

Amnesty supporters were my light during the dark years I spent in prison. Now you can be the light for prisoners like Eskinder.

When I finally gained my freedom, I vowed to thank those who helped me and encourage others to become part of this meaningful work for human rights. Please make a donation and it will go twice as far.


Donate now

Birtukan Midekssa signer Sincerely,

Birtukan Midekssa




P.S. Be the light. Donate to Amnesty and your gift will be matched.

No comments: