Tuesday, August 27, 2013

music video/ George Nozuka/ marriage jokes



Aug. 19 Music video: I found this video by a Pussycat Doll Melody Thornton.  This is a snippet, 1: 41 seconds.  It's good.  Her voice is very powerful and strong.  It's intense and artistic video.  Beautiful cinematography as Melody stands on a hill in dark purple and sings. 

The beat in the beginning sounded something I heard in a car commercial.  You listen to the beat, and you might recognize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBs4zFVmWEU
Aug. 20 George Nozuka: Hey, does anyone remember this Canadian R&B singer from 2006?  I met him when he came to West Ed mall and I got his autograph on his cd "Believe." 

Here's his debut single/ video "Talk to Me":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ojISSTDTI
2nd single "Lie to Me" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1-hRROwdM

3rd single "Last Time":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVn5BHU64MA

4th single "Hurting Child":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_aNmDB_AxE

The first 3 videos are ballads, but he dances hip hop to it.  In the 4th video, he is in a 3rd world country meeting kids.

Floppy disk song: I was looking for music to listen to while I research companies.  I decided to put in "3.5 floppy disk" into Youtube and found this funny song.  I didn't watch the video.  A week later, I decided to watch it.  It's an average video.  I will give points for effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba14uJFvqMs

Day off: I had a good day off.  I did the productive things like researching companies and I vacuumed because my grandma asked me too.  I stayed at home all day and read the newspaper, watched Pretty Little Liars, and wrote my weekly emails.  I also watched some Syfy TV movie trailers on Youtube.  I also washed the dinner dishes.

I worked the past 8 days straight, and it was busy with me running around.  I need to relax.

Aug. 23 Comedy rules: These are my self- imposed comedy rules after I accidentally offended my friend.

1. Try out your jokes first before you put them out there.  Remember The Simpsons ep where Groundskeeper Willy does a stand-up comedy routine, and nobody laughed?  I was thinking: "You should have tried it out first before you tell an audience."  It could be bad like no one laughs or worse like that time that guy sexually harassed my friend.  He thought he was being so funny, when he obviously wasn't.

However, I did break my rule with this one in my news email: "Anthony Weiner: Or should I say Carlos Danger?  lol."  I didn't try it out first, and by all means no one laughed.  It goes to my next rule.

2. Any figure or thing that is public can be made fun of.  Celebrities and news can be good late night fodder.  You know Jay Leno calls Anthony Weiner "the Peter Tweeter."

Aug. 26 Marriage jokes: I got this from Daily Silly:

The wife saw her husband frustrated reading the Marriage Certificate from top to bottom, flip it over, and then read it again... She asked:" Honey, what are you looking for?" He answered: "Nothing dear, I'm just looking for the expiration date for this paper."

Here's another one:

While attending a Marriage seminar dealing with communication, Jack and his wife, Barb, listened to the instructor. "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other." He addressed the man, "can you describe your
wife's favorite flower?" Jack leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently and whispered, "Its Pillsbury isn't it?"

Me: This is more of a dumb guy, than a marriage joke.

Husbands arguing against wives:

Here's another:
Two husbands were discussing their married lives. Although happily married, they admitted that there were arguments sometimes. The Chad said, "I've made one great discovery. I know how to always have the last word" "Wow!" said Sherman, "how did you manage that?"  "It's easy," replied Chad. "My last word is always "Yes, Dear."

Here's another:

Bob: "So, you say that you won the conversion with your wife yesterday."
Joe: "Yes, she came crawling on her hands and knees."
Bob: "Really? What did she say?"
 Joe: "Come out from under the bed, you coward!"

Me: I think I saw some funny sign like: "I won an argument with a woman...in a dream."

Here's another:

Over breakfast one morning, a woman said to her husband, "I bet you don't know what day this is." "Of course I do," he indignantly answered, going out the door on his way to the office. At
10 a.m., the doorbell rang, and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a box containing a dozen long-stemmed red roses. At 1 p.m., a foil-wrapped, two pound box of her favorite chocolates arrived. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress. The woman couldn't wait for her husband to come home. "First the flowers, then the candy, and then the dress!" she exclaimed. "I've never spent a more wonderful Groundhog Day in my whole life!"

Me: This is more of a prank joke.
Here's another:

A guy gets home, runs into his house, slams the door and says, "Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!" The wife says, "Wow! That's great! I'm so happy! Should I pack for the ocean, or should I pack for the mountains?" He says, "I don't care. Just get out!"

Me: This is a reversal of situations.  You think they're going on a trip together, but he's really kicking her out.

Here's another one:

A beer drinking husband comes home from work, runs into the living room, and flops down in front of the TV. He quickly turns it on and starts flipping through the channels. His wife walks into the living room and the guys says to her, "Wife, hurry up and get
me a beer before it starts!" The wife goes to the fridge, cracks a beer and gives it to her husband. The husband slams down the beer, gives her the empty, and tells her, "Hurry up and get me another one! It's gonna start soon!" The wife goes to the fridge, gets another beer, cracks it open, and takes it to her husband. The guy slams the beer again, gives her the empty, and says, "Hurry up and get me 1 more beer, it's gonna start ANY minute!" The wife, getting upset, goes to the fridge, gets him a beer, cracks it open, gives it to her husband and says, "You know, all you ever do around here is come home from work, sit in front of the TV, bark orders at me, drink beer... The guy, hearing his wife complaining, sips his beer, sighs, and says, "YEP, IT'S STARTED!"

Me: This kind of annoyed me.  When you treat your wife like that, then she's going to yell at you.

No comments: