Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aubrey O' Day/ behavior factor/ signs of lay offs

Aug. 12 Aubrey O'Day: She is a singer and was in the girl group Danity Kane.  I was listening to some music, and then I decided to watch this 2 min. clip where she's on the Ricki Lake show.  I was going to put this on my fun email, but this would apply to the job email.

It's inspirational to listen to her go through rough patches.  She talked about how when she was on Making the Band 3 and Celebrity Apprentice, she was on a reality TV and it films all her good and bad days.  She lists all the insults she gets like: "She's too fat, too skinny, anorexic, etc." and how it can get to her and start questioning and doubting yourself. 

She says it's all about falling down and getting back up again.

Some comments on Youtube:

"I admire her for staying strong and fighting to keep her career going HOWEVER sometimes its about listening to the advice people give. If ALOT of people don't like you there may be something about you that needs improving.  Its not always hating, sometimes its just the truth."

My opinion: Yeah, I know I get a lot of job advice too.  Aubrey says: "I listen to the advice, and then I say: 'I disagree with you, here's why."  It's really an opinion.  It's also about how often, what they say, and why. 

Study tip: Like I have read about how to study like study right before bed so it can sink into your mind.  However, I like to study in the daytime when I'm more alert and awake. 

Colleges: Another opinion is this: My dad says Norquest College and CDI College aren't real colleges, as in they are more a business than a school.  However, one of my friends became a massage therapist after attending CDI and another one became an office clerk after attending Norquest.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9QzfhOqEM

Boss joke: Here's a TMZ video where 4 of the members of Danity Kane are out to lunch.  There's Aubrey, Aundrea, Dawn, and Shannon.  Diddy made the group Danity Kane and then he fired Aubrey after a few yrs of the group because he didn't like her anymore.  If you watched The Rise and Fall of Danity Kane, it does show bits where the two of them clashed a bit.

Camera guy: Are you guys working with Diddy?
Aubrey: Who's that?
Camera guy: Are you afraid of upsetting Diddy?
Aubrey: Who is that?

The other girls laugh a bit. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wN5fsbIxk

Job tip: The job tip is always this: "Don't diss your boss out in public like the internet.  Don't diss your ex-boss either."  In the entertainment business though, they're living in the public so it's going to be out there unless Aubrey doesn't say anything.  I thought it was a light joke, it wasn't very offensive, at least to me.  This is some woman pretending she doesn't know her old boss.

What would be bad if Aubrey called Diddy names.  What if I was a boss and I saw some video where one of my employees that I fired acted like she didn't know me?  Would I be offended?  I guess I would be a bit angry, but then again she didn't call me names and I don't deal with her.

7 industries: I got this article from Hire Ground newsletter:

1. Accounting/ financial management
2. Skilled trades
3. Software/ mobile developers
4. Registered nurses
5. Psychology/ social work
6. Medical technicians/ technologists
7. Human resources
http://www.hiregroundsoftware.com/blog/hr-blogs/7-top-industries-to-work-in-2013/

Behavior factor: This is called "It's not just about your Resume and Interview."  It talks about attitude, personality, and actions to other people affect if you will get hired or not.
  • Receiving a request from the employer for more information, a certificate etc. How long does it take you to reply to the request? Do you provide the items when you said you would, or did you say “I’ll have these to you tonight” and then not send for another day or two? If you cannot manage to meet your own deadline, send a brief update instead.
  • How do you interact with the people you meet before the interview. How to do act towards the receptionist, or the person you meet in the elevator? If you are rude towards one employee it is very easy for their negative opinion to get to the hiring manager.
  • Do you show up on time for the interview? Not 10 minutes late, or 40 minutes early.
  • How professional are your emails? Are there spelling mistakes, slang or abbreviated words?
http://www.hiregroundsoftware.com/blog/job-seekers/its-not-just-about-your-resume-interview/

Signs of lay offs: The article is "Are you in Danger of Losing your Job?"
  • You are left out of things you used to be included in.
  • Your company is not doing well financially.
  • You receive a written warning.
  • You are given less responsibilities.
  • There is a change in management staff.
  •  You are asked to document everything you do.
There is good advice at the end of it like if you want to keep your job, give it your best shot.  Work hard and ask your boss how to improve.  If you don't want the job anymore, then start looking for one right away because it's easier to get a job when you already have a job.  The main tip was to really talk to your boss face- to- face.  Is there something to worry about,
or not?

http://www.hiregroundsoftware.com/blog/job-seekers/are-you-in-danger-of-losing-your-job/

Aug. 13 Work: Today was so busy.  I thought the Aug. long weekend were the only days it's busy.  Then it stretched all week.  I thought that was the end of it.  Then it's again this week.

Job interview:
Today I went to a job interview and I thought it went well.  I arrived
on time and I had a good vibe from the place.

Pros:
1. It's really close by.
2. The pay is good.
3. The computer program doesn't seem hard.
4. I can keep working on the weekends at the restaurant.

The questions my career counselor says that every interviewer is asking:

1. Can you do the job?
Yes.

2. Will you like it?
Yes.

3. Will you fit in?
Yes.

Aug. 14 Ashton Kutcher: There was the Teen Choice Awards on Sun., my birthday, but I didn't watch it.  My brother was watching The Bourne Ultimatum.  I found this on Yahoo where Ashton Kutcher gives this somewhat inspirational speech.  I will put it in my
inspirational quotes:

"The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart, and being thoughtful, and being generous," he mused before noting, "Everything else is crap … It's just things that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less, so don't buy it."

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/ashton-kutcher-channels-steve-jobs-calls-himself-fraud-121659411.html

No comments: