Monday, March 5, 2012

The Vertex Fighter music/ Craig Olejnik imagination/ Douglas Gibson

Feb. 25 The Vertex Fighter music: It's interesting. I was talking to my new friend Neil about The Vertex Fighter.

Neil: So what kind of music do you hear in it?
Me: That's interesting, because I wrote about it on my blog. I hear the Canadian rock band Down with Webster. They have a song called "Time to Win."

Today I was looking for a job and listening to music on Youtube as usual. Then I reheard the song "All Night Long" by Miguel. It should be on my TV movie. The song starts off with the ring of a bell and it's got a fast beat. The lyrics are "Here I come mama, here I come mama." I can hear it during a fight scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07-icBTPec&feature=related

Feb. 29 Lego: Here's a quirky infographic that Stella Hooper sent me through my blog. It's called "The Learning Power of Lego." The name Lego is from the Danish phrase "leg god" which means "play well." In Latin, it's "I put together."

I never really played with Lego because my parents never bought them. If I was at a friend or family's house, or doctor's office, I played with it a bit.

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2012/01/30/the-learning-power-of-lego/

Mar. 1 Famous blog: I read in 24 newspaper on Jan. 10,2012: "Local teen uses blog to find fame." Akash Sharma's blog Officially the Hottest got really big. He said: "I get to meet celebrities, I get to go backstage, I get to be on TV shows. I didn't even think that would happen, but it happened."

I think it's an okay blog. If you are interested in celebrities, then check this site out.

http://officiallythehottest.com/

The Book of Awesome: I finally finished reading The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha. My sister bought the book and gave it to me. I read good reviews of the book. At first it was a blog called www.1000awesomethings.com. Then it grew in popularity and his book is all his blog posts about little things that make him happy like snow days and bakery air.

It's a really fast and easy read because it's usually one or two pages about how he likes this one thing. He talks about nostalgia like "the last day of school" and road trips he's been on. I do recommend you read the book.

As a kid and teenager, I liked reading novels. Now that I got older I like reading newspaper articles that are informative. I only like watching TV for stories instead of reading stories.

Here's his website:

http://1000awesomethings.com/book/

Blog comment: I'm going to use the law of attraction. On Aug. 28, 2009, I wrote a blog post "Ben Curtis/ The Listener/ Fighting." I got this comment:

Hello, I happen to come upon your blog while doing a search, and I see that your a fan of the show The Listener. If I may, I would like to inform you and your readers that there is a petition for fans to sign, in hopes that the powers that be - the Canadian CTV network - would give the show a second season. We as fans of the show and of actor Craig Olejnik want to be heard and want to see the show come back for a second season.

If you are a fan of The Listener and want to see a second season, please show your support and sign the petition below. Pass it onto your friends via email, facebook, MySpace, Twitter and spread the word to sign this petition. The goal is to get at least 2000 signatures. Please show your support in reaching that goal....thank you for your time!

You can also check out a really nice fansite dedicated to the shows lead actor, Craig Olejnik:

http://www.freewebs.com/craigolejnikfans/

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/the-listener-season-2-on-ctv

~ Jan - A fan of The Listener and Craig Olejnik

Craig Olejnik imagination: So what if one Listener fan found my blog and posted this comment? What if Craig Olejnik googles himself and his TV show and finds my blog?

I can imagine CO thinking: "Oh my God. Tracy has written about every episode of The Listener. She has seen me in that old TV show So Weird that I did way back in 2000. She's seen me in that TV movie Obituary.

She joined the Facebook group for my show. She puts on her Facebook status that she's watching the show and that you should watch it too. She even remembers little things like how Alexz Johnson guest- starred on my show. And how I guest- starred on her show So Weird.

She writes about how I should be in her TV movie called The Vertex Fighter.

Mar. 2 Douglas Gibson: Today I went out for fun today. It's to see a free lecture given by Douglas Gibson who wrote a book called Stories about Storytellers. I heard about it through my university and decided to go. I didn't expect much because I didn't know who he was. He is an editor and publisher and worked with several famous Canadian authors like Alice Munro. He also worked with Prime Ministers like Paul Martin and Pierre Trudeau.

I got there and there was a reception with food and drinks. I then went into the theatre and sat down. Then I decided to look for my friend Dan L. because I went to school with him and I called him yesterday to leave a message about this lecture. I did find him and I met two of his girl friends.

If you want to know more about Douglas Gibson and his book, check it out:

http://www.ecwpress.com/books/stories-about-storytellers

Lectures: I thought the lecture was average. Douglas Gibson did make the audience laugh at his stories about authors he dealt with. What to compare it to? Back in 2006 I went to see Margaret Atwood lecture since I was in the Professional Writing program. My class was reading Oryx and Crake. That was a really good lecture.

Then in 2007, my Creative Non-Fiction class went to see an author read his book at the University of Alberta. I don't remember his name. It was an African-American man and prior to the reading, there was another African-American man playing on some steel drums. I think he read a short story to us, or an excerpt. I don't know.

I don't really go to lectures. I watch and listen to TED talks that I get through these emails. The emails are sent to me through my blog. Then I write about it in my weekly emails/ blog posts.

Overall I thought the lecture and night was average. Though I'm sure some of you guys are like: "That sounds like a fun and exciting Friday night to hear a lecture." To some people, yes. Some people would say: "I hate partying in those night clubs. The music's way too loud and the drinks are too expensive." Everybody has a different idea what a fun night is.

Mar. 4 Sleep tip: In 2004, when I was at NAIT, I went to this "How to study" session. The instructor said if you are to pick one hr to study or one hr to sleep, you should sleep.

I was supposed to go for training at my new job today after my restaurant job, but I was getting tired. I worked for nearly 8 hrs today and it's fast-paced. I wouldn't be mentally focused to be training. So I called a few hrs earlier to cancel and reschedule. That's good, because I actually fell asleep for a few min. on the bus ride home and I hardly ever sleep on the bus.

No comments: