Thursday, March 29, 2012

scam/ shopping/ Eric Johnson imagination

Mar. 27 Scam: I was on Facebook and I see my friend Jessica put this up:

"(I) received a fascinating phone call from someone who claimed to be from Windows informing me that the computers in my household accessing the internet downloaded a virus... I then told the guy that was quite a strange claim, as all I owned were Apple computers. This led to the guy getting all nervous and then out of nowhere, asks "Madam, I feel like f---ing. Do you feel like f---ing? Do you want to f---?". I suppose I should have trolled the guy some more? (Btw, I do not own Apple products)"

A lot of comments were made like "creepy." A good comment explaining it was:

"lol Probably wanted to make it sound like a "prank" phone call when he got busted >_> or maybe he's just weird!"

Me: lol. The next time I get a phone call, I'll say I own Apple.

Last month I wrote about this before. My friend Sherry replies:

"true. i got the same call. i replied 'just a sec, my roomate is a sysadmin and he'll understand what you're trying to tll me, i'll get him' and they hungup and never called back (so far). i am lucky i have an ex-sys admin as a roomate, scares off the scammers"

Me: That's another good one. Say your roommate is a techie who works at Shaw or whatever.

Jokes: I got this from Daily Silly.

A man came home from work one day to find his wife on the front porch with her bags packed.

"Just where the heck do you think you're going!", said the man.

"I'm going to Las Vegas", said the wife, "I just found out I can get $400 a night for what I give you for free!"

The man said, "Wait a minute!", and then ran inside the house only to come back a few minutes later with his suitcases in hand.

"Where the heck are you going?", said the wife.

The man said, "I want to see how you're gonna live on $800 a year!"

Here's another one:

A worried father confronted his daughter one night. "I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupid with it."

"Oh no, Daddy," the daughter replied, "Fred's ever so clever, we've only been going out nine weeks and he's cured me of that illness I used to get once a month."

Mar. 28: This is supposed to be the funny email of the week, but I don't have enough material, so I'll write about other light stuff.

Shopping: Today was my day off so I went to deposit some money. Then I went to Payless Shoes so I could buy shoes for work. Then I thought: "Why spend $40 on shoes? I'll just carry my black shoes and wear them at work. I'll then wear my white sneakers outside of work."

I don't go usually go shopping because I don't find it productive. However, I go to a lot of job interviews and I get there early. I then bide my time by checking out stores.

Henry's: I went to Henry's on 124 St. It sells decorating items. It's really high end. They had a Feng Shui book that I liked. It's really nice items, the kind you see in those decorating magazines and ads.

Tin Box: Also around 124 St. is the store Tin Box. It sells decor, quirky books, jewelery, cards, and fun stuff. There's one on Whyte Ave.

La Favorite: This is the little cafe that's right beside Tin Box. They sell pastries and the cakes look really good.

Notables: This is a nice store that sells stationary and cards. It's things you can buy at a Cole's book store or Carlton Cards.

Mandolin Books: I went there and it's a used book store like Wee Book Inn. However, there's a coffee shop in there. It's a very cramped store.

Sabrina Butterfly Designs: I then went to the clothing store next to it called Sabrina Butterfly Designs. It's a small store, but the clothes are really nice. It's kind of expensive though.

I then went to a flower shop that's on the same street with Mandolin Books.

Treasured Memories: I found this craft store and the slogan was "Scrapbook like You Mean It." It's a good craft store with beads, and art supplies. However, it's kind of expensive so go to the $1 store to make crafts.

My Favorite Aunt's Kids and Stuff: This is a consignment shop. It's like a thrift store, but with more high end stuff. They sold some nice clothes and handbags. There was even a little perfume like Calvin Klein. There were also Twilight books.

Comedy comparisons: I was thinking about that time I found one of my managers on this online dating site. It kind of reminded me of Desperate Housewives. You know where Lynette puts up a video of herself and her friend Renee sees it.

Renee: That is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.

Well, I'm not really disturbed seeing my manager on it. I was kind of taken aback.

Eric Johnson imagination: I have written about my "Craig Olejnik imagination" where The Listener actor Craig Olejnik reads my blog about how I gush about him and his show. Also how I would like to see him in my script The Vertex Fighter.

This time, it's Eric Johnson's turn. It's about applying the law of attraction. I can see EJ Googling himself and he finds my blog. He would be like: "Oh my god, every time she mentions me, she always says 'My favorite Edmonton actor.' She has seen me in nearly everything."

"Tracy has been a fan since 2001 when she saw me on the TV movie Scorn. Then she watches me on Smallville. She helped me get an interview for the Edmonton magazine Mosaic. Though the article was published in the University of Alberta newspaper The Gateway.

She has Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed on dvd. She watched the Falcon Beach TV movie/ back door pilot. She even watched the TV movie Anonymous Rex even though I was only in one scene. She saw the TV movie Friend of the Family and the TV show Rookie Blue. She has Flash Gordon on dvd. She saw me on Criminal Minds where I play Hotchner's brother."

I was checking EJ out on imdb.com and he was on some American shows like an ep of Alcatraz. I should check it out. If EJ was in The Vertex Fighter, I can see him playing a bad guy because he gets those roles a lot.

Wes Brown: Well the law of attraction kind of worked this week. On Sun. I read in the newspaper about a new TV show Scandal starring Kerry Washington. You may know her as the African-American blind woman who dates the Thing in those Fantastic Four movies.

Me: Isn't Wes Brown in Scandal?

I then looked it up on imdb.com and he is in one episode. I then see that he was in 3 more episodes of Hart of Dixie, and I was mad that I missed him in it. I saw one episode where he shows up for the first time called "The Crush and the Crossbow."

On Mon. I checked what's on Hart of Dixie, and they were going to air the episode "Sweetie Pies and Sweaty Palms" and Wes Brown's in it. It was a Valentine's Day ep. So it was cool that I got to see him in it.

No comments: