Thursday, March 1, 2012

productive/ fertility/ sugar babies

Feb. 25 Productive: I emailed that financial adviser so I can find out what my next step should be. I also emailed that career counselor again to set up another meeting about job applications. It's been about a month since I've contacted them.

Fun: I talked to my friend Angela on the phone today. She said she goes out like 5 times a week like for dance classes. I feel like going out isn't productive. I go out about once a week for fun. I usually go out all around town because of job interviews and not for fun.

However, this week was different. On Tues., I went shopping with my mom for black dress pants for work. It's like killing two birds with one stone. I'm doing something fun like shopping and spending time with my mom. I'm also doing something productive because the pants are for work.

On Wed. (my day off), I went out for lunch with my grandma and little brother. After that, my grandma and I walked around Chinatown looking for a good hair salon to cut my hair. There were like 6 hair salons in a 3 block radius. We walked around for 15min to find the cheapest one. I went to the cheapest one which was $17. Getting a haircut is productive. Well it's a not really fun thing to do, at least for me.

On Thurs., I went to a job interview at the optometrist clinic. I then became friends with Neil at the bus stop, and we hung out for 2hrs in downtown. So I went out for fun, 3 times this week.

Feb. 26 Fertility: I was watching 20/20 on Jan. 13, 2012. They talked to this married couple Beth. She's married for 9yrs with Richard. They took in over 60 foster children and adopted 2 of them. They want children of their own. There's free donor websites like the Free Sperm Donor Registry.

Drew is a 26 yr old computer engineer, and he gives free sperm. He donates thousands of dollars to charity and gave one of his kidneys to a child. Drew gives his sperm to Beth.

They talked to sperm donor Trent who donates sperm 3 times a week. He has 14 children. He's an engineer who works at home. FDA tells him to stop giving away his sperm. He hired a lawyer to challenge FDA's order.

Tanya wanted to be a mom since she was a kid. At 19, she had a baby and gave it up for adoption. She feels she has a "hole in her heart." She wants a baby of her own to make her happy. She wen to the Free Sperm Donor Registry and met a guy/ donor. They got to know each other, and started sleeping together.

Tanya wanted a "natural insemination" as in have sex to get pregnant. She had 3 miscarriages so she picked natural insemination. She had frozen sperm and it was hard to get pregnant.

"Joe" is a married man with 3 kids. He was talking in the shadows. He has sex with women to get them pregnant. His wife doesn't know.

Joe: We're adults. I'm helping them.

All the men have STD tests. Now that I think about Joe, what about this question: "What if you father all these kids? What if your 3 kids from your marriage meet some of the kids that you fathered out of wedlock through this natural insemination?"

I don't have a problem with Drew or Trent who donates sperm.

Sugar babies: 20/20 did a piece about this a few years ago, but they're doing it again. A sugar baby is kind of like a "paid girlfriend." Sometimes there's sex involved, and sometimes there isn't. It's usually a man pays a woman to "date" him or spend time with him. It's kind of like prostitution. Though some of you guys may say: "That is prostitution."

If you have sex, then it's prostitution. If you just go out to dinner, but no sex, then it isn't. Though some of you will stay: "Sex or no sex, it's prostitution because there's a sexual element to it."

They talked to Christine who's in school, and it's $10,000 a semester. She's a sugar baby. They talked to a freelance writer who went undercover and she said: "You talk about money arrangement right away." It's companionship for money and the writer said: "renting a girlfriend."

There are lots of college students who are sugar babies. They're from NYU, Harvard, and Virginia Tech.

On a side note, Law and Order: SVU did an entire ep about it called "Sugar" a few years ago. They did it again last month called "Theatre Tricks" and it talked about sugar babies.

Feb. 27 Blog articles: I've had this blog since 2008. It's not until 2010, people from onlinecollege.com and other websites started emailing me these articles. They said they read my blog and thought this article was relevant to my blog. I have put up links to to like 60 articles that were sent to me.

I get articles all the time, that I have created an "unread" folder and there 80-something articles that I haven't read. When they started sending it to me, I have to put it up because it's proof that people read my blog. Now it's like, it doesn't matter if I put it up or not. It depends on what the article is.

TV: Same goes with TV. Whenever I watch a TV show, I take notes on it. It's about story points, twists, what I like, little things I notice. I take notes on about 6 TV shows a week. However, I don't write down all the episodes I watch every week into my weekly emails. Only certain eps that stand out.

Except for The Listener. I have to write about every ep I watch because I love it. Also it's only 13 eps a season.

Feb. 29 Good books: I got this article from Tim Handorf through my blog. I put it up on my Facebook status: "I found a really good article about books. It's about living in your 20s and dealing with life, love, and money. Even if you are younger or older, they listed really good books.

It mentions I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. My sister loves him and I overheard his video blog. I then signed up to get weekly emails from him, and they're informative and helpful. Here's his website:

http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/

Here's the list of books article. Check it out:

http://www.bestcollegesonline.com/blog/2012/02/21/the-20-best-personal-development-books-for-20-somethings/

College: Sarah Johnson sent me this article through my blog. It's called "10 Reasons College Kids Call Home for Help." It's an average article. Fast and easy read.

http://www.homephoneservice.org/blog/2012/10-reasons-college-kids-call-home-for-help/

Robin Thicke: Last week I read in the newspaper that the singer Robin Thicke was arrested for smoking pot in his car. He was the passenger. He was cooperative and he took pictures and signed autographs. He was fined for smoking pot. I'm not surprised that he would be really nice by taking pictures and autographs. He doesn't really seem like a pot head, but it's so common to smoke pot, it's not really interesting.

I did think he was stupid to smoke pot in his car. He should have waited until he got home. lol.


No comments: