Thursday, October 22, 2009

rant/ hoaxes/ crazy news

Oct. 20 Rant: I was thinking about that Tyra episode and her "Panel of Haters". There are these people who make mean comments about these other people, and then those people confront the haters. I then went on twop.com and read the Tyra thread that one of the "haters" is really an actor. In fact, all of the haters were actors.

I find that really annoying that the Tyra show would like play a trick on the audience and do this for ratings. Well I understand that it's easier for producers to hire actors than go out and look for haters. Well you can go on the internet and maybe Tyra has a forum. They'll find someone who wrote a mean post, and then get that person on the show, but that would be too much work. I posted the above on twop.com.

My imagination runs amok. I see the producers reading the forums and there is a topic that says "Teen pregnancy." One person posts: "I feel sorry for them." Then they read a post that says: "I hate pregnant teenagers. They all drop out of high school and live on welfare." Then the producer would get that hater, and bring them on the show. A woman who was a pregnant teen will then confront the hater by saying: "I graduated out of high school, I have a college diploma, I'm happily married. Don't judge me."

I'm a writer, I imagine a lot of stuff. However, the above paragraph doesn't seem to be good written TV. I can imagine the Tyra show doing that, and I probably would end up watching it because it's about my favorite topic. lol.

Microsoft Word: Here's a mild rant. A week or so ago, I was working on my script and it seems Microsoft Word doesn't recognize the document titles "Rain1" and "rain1." I accidentally saved "Rain1" on a disk with "rain1", and it override it. Stupid mistake, but at least it's not a big one. The lesson is call "Rain1" to "therain."

Let that be a lesson to you that you have to name your documents way more differently than with capital letters.

Job: Here's another mild rant. Yesterday I had to come in half an hour earlier because 2 people didn't show up in the morning. My co- worker's ex- boyfriend dropped by, and I thought: "It's a good thing she's not here today." Then I talked to her, and it turns out she didn't come to work because she was afraid he would show up.

Then he did show up today. Do the whole threaten to call the cops, security, get a restraining order, press charges against him for stalking and harassment. I got this flashback of 2005 when I was working at Ipsos. During training, they told us to wear your tags to show that you work here. He told us about how there was a guy, who was in the lobby without a tag, and he was dirty.

The Team Leader then asks if he could help him, the guy says in broken English that he was looking for his wife. TL then goes and talks to other Ipsos people, and it turns out that the wife hasn't been showing up for work in the past few days for fear that she will run into her husband. Security then gets him out of there.

News: I read in Metro that Wal- mart and Amazon lowered prices on books to $9 US. It said that some discounts 60% or more off the cover price, which means they're selling it at a loss.

Hoaxes: I'm sure you all heard of it by now, about that boy supposedly floating in that balloon, but he wasn't. The Heene family may have charges on them for wasting all these police and volunteers looking for a missing boy when the family knew he wasn't missing. At first, I didn't think it was a hoax. But now, it probably is. They were trying to get publicity for themselves to get a reality show.

That kind of reminds me of something that happened in like 2004. I remember Jay Leno doing a joke about it: "Yesterday was April Fools Day, and I totally fell for this one. This young woman told the cops that she was kidnapped, and then it turns out she wasn't. They figured it out when she said that she was driven around for hours. Yeah right, with these kind of gas prices." lol.

I do remember that the woman pretended she was kidnapped so she could get her ex- boyfriend back. She was trying to get him to care about her. Also recently I read about Egyptian police arresting this 20 yr old woman who pretended she was kidnapped with her 4 yr old cousin. She was trying to get her aunt and uncle (the cousin's rich parents) to pay $50, 000 ransom so she could use the money to pay her bills and her wedding expenses.

Actors: I was checking out this actor Eddie Cahill on the days of 2002 when he was on the short- lived show Glory Days. He was like 23 years old when he did this show. It shows some range where he plays a writer instead of a cop on CSI: NY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CsFXBrHBNk

4: 18 into it, I see this woman, and she looks like Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter. I checked JC out on imdb.com, and it's not credited. You can compare the pics of JC and this woman. They have the same arch in the eyebrows and the same nose.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2835322880/nm1358539

I also remembered this character Zane played by Ben Crowley. He was cute and pretty back in 2002. He was also in Britney Spears video "Slave 4 U" as the guy who sees the rain first. Now I found his new pic, and he's 29 now. He has certainly grown up. For some reason, this photo reminds me of this guy I used to go to jr. high and high school with Liam Boyd.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4186933248/nm1082873

Fun: I was checking out my myspace page to see if anyone emailed me. I see that the comedian Daniel Tosh actually read my email, but he hasn't replied. But that's okay because at least he read it. My email subject line "I love you and your show (but my sister doesn't)." It said this:

Hey Daniel
I added you as a friend on Myspace yesterday, but you didn't confirm it. I just wanted to tell you I love you and your show. I've seen you on Comedy Network in 2003, and saw you on Jay Leno back in 2004. I remember you did a joke about Newlyweds back when Nick and Jessica were still together.I write about you in my weekly emails to my friends and blog at www.badcb.blogspot.com. Here's an excerpt of it and what my sister was thinking when she saw the first 7 min. of your second ep.They showed a clip of this deformed young woman tap dancing with an umbrella.

D: Pull up your sock. You should lose the umbrella if you want to get on Dancing with the Stars.
S: That is low.

S: How long has this show been on?
Me: Since last week. This is the second ep.
S: This is the kind of show that makes people dumber.
Me: Then get out of here. This guy was on Jay Leno before.
S: Doesn't mean that he's on Jay Leno means that he's good.

Well ignore the haters. I am continously laughing throughout your entire show. Maybe if it gets really good, it will be extended into an hour.One question: It says you're expecting a child on your page. Is that true or is that a joke?
Keep up the good work.

Oct. 21 Crazy news: Today there was a hostage situation at the Worker's Compensation Board. I went to work at 10am in City Centre, but the fire alarm was ringing and everybody was evacuated. I then was able to find my co- workers and we all went to Second Cup at the Stanley A. Milner library. At 10:30am, we were allowed to go back in. We then passed CBC and on the big screen TV it talked about a gun man in the downtown area. I was like: "Whoa. This is just like Flashpoint." Then later some guy came in and said there was a hostage situation.

Then I got home and I discussed it with my family at dinner, and read it on Yahoo. It turns out the gun man was disgruntled with the WCB. The doctor said he was ready to go to work, but he didn't think he was. He had a custody battle with his ex- wife over his kid which caused stress.

After 10 hours of hostage negotiations, the man finally surrendered. The hostages are all safe.

News: In other news, this Briton, Mohammad Patel, 24 staged 100 car crashes to win fraudulent pay outs. Patrick says that it's dangerous. I also find that it is ridiculous that one person made this huge amount of car accidents.

1 comment:

Felipe Dylan said...

To everyone out there who thinks love spells don't work, I’m here to tell you that Lord Zakuza love spell is the best and most powerful.. I am a wealthy man who has lots of assets and possessions but I have difficulty with women. Whenever I try to settle down with any, we end up breaking up and I had no idea of why I was going through such an experience in my relationship. It was so worrying that I couldn’t be myself anymore and I started searching for help everywhere even at my place of work. I was going through my work activities online and I came across a testimony of a lady called ( Febe Anouk ) regarding how Lord Zakuza helped her to restore her relationship with his love spell, I had to give it a try because I needed my Ex lover back that I love so much. I visited Lord Zakuza website online and I told him everything I was going through. Lord Zakuza consoled me and promised to help me out with my situation by preparing a love spell for me. I followed the instructions given by him to me and within 48 hours, my Ex lover came looking for me and pleaded for forgiveness. Since I came in contact with Lord Zakuza, things have changed for good in my life and right now, I am married with two beautiful kids and my home is blessed. All thanks to Lord Zakuza I am forever thankful to you. Visit his website for any help via lordzakuzaspells.com or WhatsApp him on +1 740-573-9483. Try him and your life will be blessed.