Friday, October 30, 2009

Blake McGrath/ funny and weird/ lookalike

Oct. 28 Blake McGrath: You know Blake McGrath? The guy who rejected me when I auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance Canada? lol. Okay, well anyway, his first new single "The Night" off his debut album is on his myspace page: www.myspace.com/blakemcgrathmusic

It's dance/ R&B. That's great. He has songs like "Runway" up too. I've known he's been working on an album since 2006. I have been to his page and he had songs like "The One" and "Dance with Me." It's good that after a few years of working on music, his album will be released by the end of the year. His video is to debut on Muchmusic on Oct. 30.

You can't say that he's lazy. You're like: "He's been doing this album for 3 years?" Well he was judging, and choreographing for SYTYCDC and teaching dance. It's good to know that some people who are really talented, it still takes time for them to become a success.

Funny and Weird: This was back on Oct. 17 and this guy who I pitched my script to emailed me a email that is very unconventional. A lot of rejections are: "We're busy for the next few years, we're doing 3 projects, and we don't do films anymore, etc."This is what Aaron James Sorenson said:

Tracy Au,
How the heck are you? Kind of you to contact me. I don't think I know you. Or do I? I went to university with a Tracy who's last name had only two letters. But I think they were "Ng". She was very nice. I wonder what happened to her.

I hope you survived the professional writing program at MacEwan College. Bunch of crap, I'm sure. You must forget it all as soon as possible. None of your teachers have ever made a movie or they wouldn't be there. None of the how-to-write-a-screenplay books they made you read were written by people with a real writing credit. Crap. Forget it as soon as you can. Especially try to forget things like "character development", and "exposition", yelch... makes me shudder.

If they made you read McKee you can remember most of that, and if they made you read Goldman you can remember all of that. Chances are you read Ackerman and Blake and Field and the bunch. Poor woman. Congratulations that you made it out.
Forgive me. It's late and I'm in an especially truthful mood.

Now as for me, I hate mixed martial arts. And I can't even say "cage-fighting" out loud. Are people still doing that? Not in my world. I really don't want to read that script. And I don't know anything about making movies for TV really anyway. But what can I say, because I like you Tracy Au. Personally I think you are great.

He choses to fight of course or you don't have a movie. But it can't really be about money, it must be about what the money means to him. No one really whores for money, unless they are a whore - and we don't really care for whores, but we care for people who HAVE to whore - for what it is they need the money for is so important it justifies whoring. Did that bad sentence make sense?

It just dawned on me that you might be a man. No problem. I like you all just the same. Well maybe not quite as much, but nearly as much. Either way.

Alex Donovan is too nice a name for a bad guy. Stiller is badder (sic) than Donovan. Might want to think about that.

There is much interest right now in mixed martial arts, you're right. I have an angry and fearful man on Gattis School Road, trying to get me to join something called Krav Maga or something like that here in Texas. I went to the free orientation. He tells people what a dangerous place the world is and they must immediately learn how to gouge out the eyes of attackers. They are all simply mad Tracy. Simply mad.

Peace Country Films is not really a production company that you could be very serious to work with, but it is kind of you to reach out just the same. We are just finishing my/our second feature film. Like the first it is a touching and charming comedy full of heart and affirmation and love. I wouldn't know what to do with a MMA movie anymore than I would know what to do with a doberman if someone left him on my doorstep.

But it was nice chatting with you. I wish you all the best and if I can help in any small way I'm happy to try. I did like the Wrestler a great deal, but that movie had nothing to do with wrestling. Beautiful movie though, didn't you think?
I must go. Nice to hear from a fellow screenwriter and a fellow Albertan.

Cheers,
ajs

Writing: I realized that I haven't been doing much with the script pitching. I did check up on a producer who said she was going to read it in mid- Oct. I also reread an old email about this producer who does documentaries. He offered to give me feedback of the script though no promises. I sent him Rain, the one that I'm working on.

News: Did you know that the Church of Scientology in France has been convicted of fraud? They're fined $900, 000.Did you know that there used to 100, 000 tigers at the beginning of the 20th century. Now it's 3,500 -4,000.

In light news, NBA player Caron Butler admitted that he was addicted to Mountain Dew. He drank like six 12 ounce drinks a day. He quit cold turkey, and he lost 11 pounds that way. Well he could become diabetic if he kept it up. There is lots of sugar in that drink, so I guess that's how he lost the weight. Good for him.

Oct. 30 Writer's block: Well one producer emailed me back on how to fight writer's block. Go to this site and read a screenplay a week. They got new ones out like The Stepfather and Surrogates. Well I watch so much TV, I should be able to fight it.

Vampire Diaries:
I saw a really good ep today. Vicky is Jeremy's crush. There is this love triangle between them and this other. In the pilot, Damon attacks V. Later on V is healed. Some eps later, D is weak, and attacks V to gain his strength. V almost gets killed.

D then decides to make her into a vampire because he was stuck in the house all day, and can't leave. V is transitioning. Stefan is trying to help V because he's a good vampire. Then in tonight's ep, V attacks the lead Elena, and Stefan stakes V. V gets killed right in front of Jeremy.

V remains to be a sympathetic character because she can't control her urges. D comes to get rid of the body, and hypnotize J so he won't remember anything and be so hurt by her death. Props to Steven R McQueen who plays J. He was crying and upset, and I really felt for him.

Flashforward: Flashforward was really good. What stood out for me was the lead FBI agent Mark finally meets the guy who his wife Olivia will supposedly be with in 6 months time. Well the flashforward, that's what O saw. It turns out the other guy's flashforward was him in that house. The other guy has an autistic son, and he saw that he was in the house too in his flashforward.

It was weird. There was really good tension and drama written into that scene with that love triangle. There was a good suspense, tension when Mark was trick-or- treating with his daughter, and he sees three guys wearing masks. The same masks that he saw when he was attacked in his flashforward.

Good chase scene where M is running, and climbing over fences, and running through the cemetary looking for him. Of course because it's Halloween. M has his gun and flashlight.
Me: It could be nothing. I don't know.

M rips the guy's mask off and it's a teenage guy.
Teen: I didn't throw the eggs. I only threw toilet paper. Are you going to call my dad?
lol.

Lookalike: I was watching a promo for the TV show White Collar where a FBI agent teams up with a criminal and they solve mysteries together. This criminal looks familiar. I looked it up and it's Matthew Bomer. He played Luc on Tru Calling. Here's a pic:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1640466688/nm0093589

When I saw him in the promo I thought it was Gabriel Olds. Coincidentally, GO was also on an ep of Tru Calling. They have the same wavy, dark hair style, facial features, body build.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4152399616/nm0646192

No comments: