Monday, October 12, 2009

fun/ friends/ good

Oct. 10 Fun: After work ended at 3pm, I went and did a little shopping like HMV and Coles Bookstore. I read in some psychology magazine that when you go to the doctor for a checkup, they will ask you how many friends and family you have. How often you spend time with them.

If you spend a lot of time with them, you will be happier and healthier, and live longer. I heard of that before. Then I went to Sorrentino's to hang out with Justin. I tried out the Bacino that they advertised. It's a coffee with whip cream and chocolate fudge on it. I was there for about an hour and a half.

I asked Justin about the Stats Canada job and when I applied there either this year or last year, they said some shifts end at 11pm.

J: Well more like 10pm the last time I was there. It was very demoralizing.
Me: How so?
J: I call people up and some refuse right at the beginning. If they say yes, then the survey is half an hour long. Then I have to call some houses and some are a family of twelve so I have to talk to all of them.

J says he likes music like house and trance (Tiesto) and rap, hip hop, r&b. He told me he bought a car a few weeks ago because he couldn't take the bus anymore after 5 years. A few months ago there was this guy talking and being rude on the bus. J then goes to the busdriver, told him about it, then tells the guy off and telling him that he's racist. Then the ETS police were going to come.

J then gets off because he doesn't want to deal with it. Walks a couple of stops over, and the same bus comes.
Me: Does the audience cheer?
J: Well some of the passengers thanked me.
Me: So in a way they cheered.
lol.

Oct. 11 Actor: I was watching a little of Bring it On: All or Nothing during the commercial breaks of Desperate Housewives. I see Adrian from the crappy TV show Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Sonia: I called up my friends yesterday, and one called back. My friend Sonia whom I met back in 2004 when I was working at the $1 Store. I even remember the last time I saw her. It was back in fall 2008 when she bought chicken noodle soup from my job. Anyway, she's working at a nursing home and gets paid $30/hr.

She's actually using her nursing degree she got from MacEwan.Four years of hard work does pay off. Though she mentions that she has a cousin who's a nurse and gets paid $35/hr. Anyway, she talked about how it was a stressful job because the people's lives are in her hands. Well that's what you get when you major in medicine.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. Sonia says she doesn't check her email that often. Like once a week. She's not really on Facebook either so she doesn't really know all the stuff that's going on with me. Well we do have our lives to live.

As usual, my life revolves around TV. On the TV show The Hills, it's like they're always spending so much time with their friends and going out. It's the editing. Who wants to watch people work? In my life, I don't usually get to see my friends or talk to them. I get my weekly emails out to keep in touch with them. I check Facebook here and there. It's very little phone time and face time.

USB key: It was pretty funny the other day. I was watching Conan O'Brien and they aired this Intel commercial about the guy who co- invented the USB key. It's an East Indian guy named Ajay Bhiout (I'm not quite sure about the name.) In the commercial the Intel people are cheering for him like he's a rockstar.

My brother Patrick and I were watching it because we were interested in it. We're not interested in computers, but it is quite impressive to co- create a USB key. If it wasn't for that, we would still be using 3.5 floppy disks that only hold 1.44MB per disk. It sells like $10 for a box of 10. A USB key that holds 128 MB, is for $30 so that's a great deal.

Conan did a little parody of the commercial, but with the real inventor wearing a T- shirt that says: "I invented the USB key" and he goes up to girls and says that.

Joke: I was watching The Cleveland Show and Cleveland and his son Cleveland Jr. were driving. C then stops the car suddenly. C Jr. hits his head.

C Jr.: Dad!
Me: Wear a seat belt!
C: Wear a damn seat belt!
We both said it unison. Well I did notice that C was wearing one, and C Jr. wasn't. lol.

Oct. 12 Friends: I was talking to my friend Angela on the phone for an hour last night. She said that I sounded upset in my email. I told her, Sonia, Jennifer, and Sherry about it, so I might as well tell you guys. I lent my ex- boyfriend money to pay his rent way back at the beginning of the year. I talked to him on an IM chat, and realized he will probably never pay me back.

Angela says what I was thinking: "It's a lesson learned. When you lend someone money, know the chance that you may not get it back." I know that, but I'm still mad. Well right now, I'm at a simmer. I remember way back in 2002, I was listening to this SNL sketch with Toby MacGuire, and they did a whole joke using the phrase "Simmer down now." It was a popular phrase back in 2000.

A also says: "It's not just about getting over it, but moving on." I know. The only way I can do that is to be more of a cheapskate than I already am. Also avoid things that get me angry. Charities who keep calling me for donations. I turn them down. I kept track of my donations and donated hundreds of dollars in a few years. A says she donates $30/ month to Red Cross.

Writing: I'm kind of hitting writer's block. I got the characters and what they want, but now I have to write the illegal job. It's about breaking and entering. I'm thinking of the old TV show Dark Angel. In the first season Max does a lot of that. Well there is lots of suspense and drama if she will get caught. If she does get caught, there is most likely a fight or chase scene which is action.

Also why does she break in? I remember one ep, she drives by the Sector Police and they stop her. They then break her back light of her motorcycle, and confiscate it. She tries to get it back legally, but then she ends up stealing it back. In the pilot, she goes from one building to another. It's in the opening credits where she's wearing a wire, and flies from one building to the next. Then she breaks into the penthouse to steal something, but gets caught by the character Logan. That's how they meet up.

In the mini- series Guns, at the end of the first part, a group of 4 guys rob an old couple to get guns. The old man gets shot. There is drama, tension, and action. I also thought an illegal job as a hacker. I read a bit in this issue's Reader's Digest about a guy who crashed websites like Yahoo. Then I thought about the movie Ocean's Eleven about a group of people with their talents, team up to do a heist.

It also reminded me of the short- lived TV show Heist back in 2006. I went on imdb.com and it only had 7 eps. It got good ratings on the site. I remembered thinking that the font with diamonds, and gold around it was the same font on the reality TV show Growing up Gotti. It was about big mob boss John Gotti's daughter Victoria Gotti raising her 3 teenage sons.

Reading: Well I spent a good hour and a half reading the newspapers I have. I look at fliers and pictures, looking for inspiration.

Good: Today Giles Panton emailed me back. He's the guy, I'm trying to get into my movie. He said he has to pass this onto his agent first, and needs to think about it for a couple more weeks. That's okay. What was also really good, was that last week I pitched my script to this company- again. I did 6 months ago, he read it, he rejected it.

I told him about how I took his advice, and other professionals' advice on it. He emailed me back saying that he would give me a chance.

No comments: