Friday, October 16, 2009

good/ blast from the past/ Eric Callero

Oct. 13 Good: I was thinking about that song "One Love" by the British boy band Blue. The lyric was: "It's kind of funny/ How life can change/ Can flip 180/ In a matter of days." Last week I was angry over money. Then yesterday, everything changed. A whole series of things occured.

First Giles Panton emailed me back. He didn't really give me a yes to be in my movie, but it's still good to hear from him. I was really happy when Eric Callero emailed me back. He didn't confirm me as his Facebook friend, but I'll add his email to my list of emails I got from celebrities.

Then this production company gives me a second chance on my script. I sent the script way back in March, and then in April, he rejected it. I followed his tips by getting a star, MMA fighter Kit Cope. In May, I emailed the company about it, but he didn't respond. Then I went and read two screenwriting books which was the other tip.

Seven months later, with lots of constructive criticism and tips, I managed to polish a really good draft. I ask to email the script again, and I get a yes. I hope he likes this script.

Joke: I was thinking about Michael Phelps being on Jay Leno before the whole pot smoking scandal.

M: I used to get picked on a lot when I was in school. Actually it's kind of funny. When I go out to dinner with my mom, the people I used to go to school with are now servers there.
The entire audience laughs.
M: No, that's not the funny part. The funny part is that they say to me, "Oh hey, we used to go to school together." I'm like: "Yeah, and you used to pick on me. Now, we're like friends, that's weird."

I was thinking of how you can make a joke about someone's misfortune. If M said something like: "This girl used to pick on me. Then she got pregnant as a teenager." The audience wouldn't laugh at it. In real life, teenage girls do get pregnant, and people make fun of them. However, not everybody will make fun of her, or laugh at this joke. Even if someone as cool and nice as M said that, no one's going to laugh. Maybe a few.

Same goes with saying: "Then he got lung cancer." No one's going to laugh at that because that's really dark and mean. Be like Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons and laugh at something like a person tripping.

Blast from the Past: I was at work, and this guy comes in buying a sandwich. When I first saw him, I knew who it was. Then he pays for it.

Me: Excuse me, but is your name Ivan?
Ivan: Yeah.
I hands me his debit card.
Me: We only take cash. There's a debit machine over there.
He comes back.
Me: So what have you been doing since you left Roots?
I: I got a real job as an engineer.
Me: You graduated out of university?
I: Yeah.

I don't know if he even remembers my name. I worked with him at Roots way back in 2005. I haven't seen or heard from in 4 years and I still know his name and face. His name is pronounced E- van. He's like Ukrainian or something. I'm getting more flashbacks.

This song comes on the radio when we were opening the store.
I says to Monika and Paras.
I: What's this song called?
Me: "Goin' Crazy" by Natalie.
They all look at me.
P (burst out laughing): That's so hot! (That I know the song).
Well I really like the song and artist. I have both of her cds.

Good news: I read that a homeless guy in Moscow collected 2000 bottles a day, and collected cash for it. His name is Lenoid Konovalav. He's 63 years old, and now he's a stock market trader. Good for him. I read it in 24. It does remind me of a homeless guy who was on Oprah who liked being homeless and collecting bottles a day.

Oct. 15 Coincidence: Yesterday I bumped into Ivan and it reminded me that I'm not using my college diploma. Then that night, MacEwan called me and asked me I'm doing anything with it either, and I did the survey.

Santa and Me: There's a new kiosk that appeared in City Centre. It's called Santa and Me and it sells tree ornaments. You can buy them for $20. Yeah, it's expensive so wait until Dec. when it gets cheaper. You can also put names on the ornaments.

Review: I ordered a poutine from Dallas Pizza and Steak in Capilano. It's a good restaurant because I went there when I was in jr. high. It's been there for over 10 years so good for them. The poutine was like $6.83. It's good, but a little too expensive for one.

Magazines: I read in The Globe and Mail that 302 magazines have closed down this year. The past 2 years 600 magazines have closed down. It's the recession this year.

News: I read a couple of weeks ago about gun shots occurring at Diamonds strip club. Last night, there were gun shots at the Diesel Ultra Lounge. I know about the latter club, because 91.7 The Bounce radio station always plays music from there. I know about the former club, because back in 2006, I saw a commercial for it. You're like: "What? They air commercials for strip clubs?" Well I was watching the intelligent mini- series Human Trafficking. It was airing late at night and during commercial breaks I channel surf.

Eric Callero: I typed his name up on Youtube and I found his demo reel. Damn, he's hot.
I like the part where he's at a Chinese restaurant and he's holding the boom mike, and his friend is holding the camera filming. EC keeps hitting the friend with the mike. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZG94c8AwA

Then it turns out that scene is from the movie All About Dad which is about a Korean guy living with his family, and most of all dealing with his strict father. His dad wants him to be a doctor, but he wants to be a film maker. It looks funny. EC plays the friend to the lead.
Check out the trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ssj_GoK-sA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWW-7G_6tyU&feature=related

Here's a funny one where EC tells us why he hates weddings so much. He goes to so many weddings in the past 4 years because he films weddings. He has to get the right shots because there no retakes or reshoots. You have to get the kiss. People always ask him: "Don't you love weddings?"
E: I nod and smile and say: "Yes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKMSybsrpOQ

Here's a trailer for a sci- fi comedy indie film called Flying Saucer Rock N' Roll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6oVgxISsU

EC is in the Prius commercial in the last shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzbHJKZ4fL0

EC in the 25 min. indie short film called The Bike Messenger. Here's part 1. If you don't want to be spoiled, go straight to the link. Here's how it goes: Jesse is a bike messenger, and he hears about another messenger getting jumped. He bumps into this new messenger played by EC.

Later when J is delivering a package, he gets jumped by 3 guys so they could steal the package. EC comes and stops them from beating him up. It turns out later EC is a bad guy. The bigger story is this business guy is selling drugs, and putting that money into his legal business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKKF0j1Cdg

I went to his Model Mayhem website and read people making comments about his model porfolio photos. A lot of people made the same comments I did about the black and white shots that he looks like James Dean.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/856480

Job: Today I finally called Malatest. They said they were trying to reach me. I have a training session next week. That reminds me that they paid me for that one day of training 2 years ago. At Leger, they give you one day of training, and they will pay you for that when you show up for the first day.

It's to those people who think they can get an easy day of work and get paid for it and leave. It's like dine and dash for call centres.

No comments: