Monday, September 14, 2009

unintentionally funny/ free agent/ string theory

Sept. 11 Unintentionally funny: Today I did some pitching and got some rejections. What was really unintentionally funny was that this woman asked to read my script so I sent it to her. She then emails me back and she gave me the first 6 pages back, and she rewrote it. I thought it was funny because she made my lead characters Shawn and Mia hook up really soon in the script. They don't totally hook up until the very end of the script.

The dialogue is way sexier and racier than I would have written it. I would be saying: "Ow, yeah!" lol. It's an interesting point of view on how she would write it. She did give me some tips on it.

Fun: Since I spent all morning pitching, I then rewarded myself by watching 2 episodes of the crappy TV show Secret Life of the American Teenager. Then I read 4 pages of it on twop.com. There are people that say Daren Kagasoff who plays the bad boy Ricky has some potential to being a good actor if he gets off from this show. This is having an effect on me. I can kind of see DK play Shawn in my script.

Sept. 12 Free agent: The woman's name is Diane. In a weird way, I feel like I'm kind of "cheating" on the producer John because I'm showing this script to another producer. lol. Well I emailed John once a month (June, July, Aug,) and the last time I heard from him was when he emailed me back in Aug. I did tell him about this blog and if you're reading it: Please email me or call me if you have read the changes yet.

Well Diane emailed me back, and she said that I don't have to put her changes into my script. She says I need to "beef it up." I did tell her that her writing was sexier and racier than what I would have wrote.

I remember watching CSI: NY and Eddie Cahill's character catches a criminal and is interrogating him.

E: You don't call, you don't write. I was beginning to think that you were seeing other detectives.

Look alike: So Mark, the Kyle Gallner look alike has not been by my work for a couple of weeks. Today I got the guts to go and tell the guy at Sorrentino's who he looked like. I told Ray about who he looked like prior to him a couple of weeks ago. On my break, I went there.

Me: Hey.
Guy: Hey.
Me: I just wanted to tell you, do you know who you look like?
G: No, who?
Me: Eddie Cahill.
G: I have never seen or heard of him before.

Me: He's on the TV show CSI: NY. He plays a cop.
G: I do watch CSI. Though I have to see him first before I am able to know if this is a compliment.
G laughs. I then felt good that I made him laugh.

You're probably thinking: "Oh Tracy. Same pick up routine, but different celebrity." Yes. lol.

String theory: Last night I was watching a little of Comedy Inc., a sketch comedy show. Roman Danylo is the star. I emailed him way back in 2003, and he emailed me back on the same day. I don't think I still have that email though. Anyway, I was watching him where he plays Stephen Hawking and another actor plays Albert Einstein. I caught the last bit.

Narrator: Stay tuned for next week because this show is written by the writers of My Two Dads and The String Theory.
Patrick laughs.
Me: What?
P: The string theory. That is a theory that some physicts think that the whole universe is made of strings of energy. The Big Bang Theory did a joke about that.

Today I told Ray about it, and she laughed. She knew what the string theory is because her friend knows a lot about science.

Royal: Today I read in the Edmonton Journal, that where TD bank used to be 10004 Jasper Ave, is now turned into a club. I used to work at that bank location, but then TD moved to City Centre. Royal will be a club, and lounge. There is going to be a clothing store there and it's going to have a dress code like suits. You can rent clothes there for the night.

Well I would like to see how it looks now after the renovations are over.

Sept. 13 Mobster news: I read in the Journal about a woman named Betty Yan who was murdered because she was a mobster. She was a loan shark. She lived this double life as a mom who drove her 3 kids to private school and threw parties for the students, and the parents at her mansion once a year.

The news is that schools now are investigating all the parents to see if they have mob connections. If someone is trying to kill a parent, by all means, the killer could go and kill that parent on school locations and could hurt other students. It sounds like something for a TV show or movie.

Music: I borrowed another Jonas Brother's cd called "Lines, Vines, and Trying Times." I like "Don't Charge me for the Crime" feat. Common. It's where a guy gets a phone call from a friend needing a ride. Turns out the friend just robbed a bank.

Sept. 14 Patrick Swayze: He has died at the age of 57 by pancreatic cancer.

Love Court: I found this new TV show that I must avoid watching. This is on Muchmusic and it's like Blind Date, that TV show I quit. The host is singer Elise Estrada. Instead of funny subtitles, they have people from Video On Trial making funny comments about the date. The show gives me this feeling that it's trashy. I am somehow drawn to it because it's Canadian twenty- somethings like me. Whoever was the best dater wins $500 so at least they win something which is good.

That reminds me of the Canadian TV show Teens Dating! The title says it all. It does have it's funny subtitles. Except this one isn't trashy. It was funny and clean. This is mainly to announce for me to quit watching this show.

Vampires: I was reading that Twilight star Kristen Stewart is afraid of vampires. Metro says she decorates her house with garlic. If that's true, then someone should tell her that the only way a vamp can come into your house is an invitation. lol.

That also reminds me of that time I was checking out Buffy on the internet in 2001, and found a real life vampire hunter Sean Manchester. He did this long interview and I read it. He said that a vamp bit his hand as he was trying to exorcise it. That transcription inspired me to write a script about vamps. The script wasn't in the screenplay format, so I'm going to estimate it was maybe 45 min. long.

Jay Leno: I was watching his new show. There isn't a desk where he sits behind and does an interview. He sits in an armchair by his guest chair. The first guest was Jerry Seinfeld. Oprah makes an appearance through satellite.

Maybe one of the highlights was when they worked in a Cheaters parody. They had the real host Joey Greco come on and have Jay find out that his guitarist Kevin Eubanks was "cheating" on him by hanging out with a Jay Leno lookalike.

Cut to Joey showing Jay the video footage. Jay is acting upset. They are sitting in the back of the white van where they use it every episode. It wasn't as good as the parody on Talkshow with Spike Ferenstien. Spike catches his "wife" cheating on him with the pool guy. Now I was laughing at that one. It was 14+ while Jay's was PG.

No comments: