Thursday, September 10, 2009

rant/ rubick's cube/ The Vampire Diaries

Sept. 9 Rant: So the producer John has not emailed me in a month. I emailed him a few days ago and he still hasn't replied. Last month he did say he was going to be busy for the next few weeks so that's why I didn't contact him. Patience is a virtue.

Then I'll add that the actor Giles Panton still has not replied to me in also a month. I feel like I should go and start pitching my script again.

News: I read in the Metro that "a fomer British child abuse detective has pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15- yr- old girl whose family he had befriended during an investigation." His name is Andrew Rowe. I thought: "That is low. And hypocrital. Well then again look at Elliot Spitzer who said he was going to try to stop prostitution, and he ended up buying a hooker anyway."

Saying: I was reading my horoscope in the Metro yesterday and it said this: "You have never been the sort to dwell on what might have been. As far as you are concerned what's done is done and cannot be undone."

Dark joke: I was reading twop.com's thread "Unintentionally funny moments on TV". I don't know if you'll find it funny or not. Someone posted this:

"I was watching Family Fued. It's a TV show where a family guesses answers to questions.

Host: What is the most common crime people say they would commit if they knew they could get away with it?
Man: Rape!

I know rape is nothing to laugh about, but I was laughing at that. Let's just say that was not one of the answers on the board."

I found it kind of funny because it seemed to imply that he would commit the crime if he could got away with it. I thought maybe "murder" would be an answer. Maybe you had to be there.

Music: I borrowed the cd by Duffy called "Rockferry." I didn't really like it. It's a boring cd. Kind of like John Mayer's "Continuum." It's an adult alternative music. Since we're on the topic, I like to add that I like the song "Nothing to Prove" by Tiger Bomb. It's got a good beat and lyrics. There is a lot of energy in that song.

Melrose Place: I saw an ep of this last night. The pilot was average. I don't know. I always kind of have a problem with shows where the drama is where people make drama between each other. I like shows like The Listener where someone has to solve a problem or mystery in order to help someone. Ashley Simpson- Wentz is the new neighbor in the apartment complex. Her name is Violet. She is the one who finds the land lady floating in the pool dead. She was stabbed before she got to the pool.

Prior to that a man proposes to his girlfriend of 5 years, Riley. They end up doing getting engaged at the end. Katie Cassidy is in it. I saw her on Harper's Island as the bride. She had long, brown, wavy hair on that show. Now she has shoulder- length, blond hair on this show.

I think I will continue to check it out because of the murdery mystery of who killed the land lady. I do kind of like that Asian woman who plays a doctor. Her storyline is that she has to pay for med school, and this guy offers her $5000 if she will sleep with him. I did read a couple of ep descriptions for the next 2 eps, and she does moonlight as a prostitute.

Another good thing about it was that it wasn't too repetitive in dialogue. That means I've been watching too much Secret Life of the American Teenager. lol. At least in MP, Event 1 happens to Character A, and that character relays it to Character B. Something exciting happens to Character C and he tells Character D.

If you watch SLAT, Characters A, B, C, D all talk about only 1 topic throughout the entire ep. Like one time after watching SLAT, I tuned in to watch Heartland. Heartland is average to good show. But compared to SLAT, it's Shakespeare. Seriously.

Zachary Ty Brian: After seeing him in Tokyo Drift, I remembered all this other work I've seen him in- and I didn't even have to look it up. I saw him on Fresh Prince of Bel- Air right after Home Improvement ended. He played a jerk.

Then I saw him on Boston Public back in 2000, and he also played a jerk. He got beaten up by the principal. Well the principal was yelling at him, and pushing him up against the locker and the whole hallway was staring at them.

Rubick's Cube: I was watching the singer Lights on Muchmusic. She sang "Drive my Soul." She was given a rubick's cube and she was able to solve it. I don't know how long it took for her to solve it, it didn't say. I'm guessing it should be less than an hour because the VJ Sarah Taylor was interviewing her, and they're not doing a whole show on her. They're interviewing a bunch of other music artists.

The other music artists try to solve it, but they couldn't. I don't know, maybe the other artists did some work on it, and Lights was able to solve the rest.

I remember way back in 2006, this Asian guy was able to solve a rubick's cube in 10.3 seconds and he broke the record that way. Then he and his other Asian friend went on Jay Leno. The guys were both from MIT. Guy 1 solved it, and Guy 2 taught him how to do it so fast.

Jay: So what's your major?
G1: Physics.
J: And you?
G2: Astro physics.
J: Wow, that sounds much better than regular physics. What do you plan to do after school?

G1: I don't know. Go to more school.
J: Yeah, sure, piss away more of dad's money.
G2: Right now I'm living in a mansion with 8 beautiful women.
A production assistant gives J a rubick's cube.
J: Here's a rubick's cube and we didn't do anything to it. I can't imagine anything more fun to do on a Saturday afternoon. Let's set the time.

G1 solved the cube in 18 seconds. The audience cheers.
J: Ah you learned well grasshopper.

Joke: Yesterday I was watching some Tyra Banks and then I turned it off. My mom was watching it and she said in Chinese: "I didn't know the word banks can be a name."

Sept. 10: I got another flashback where I remember seeing Zachary Ty Brian on an ep of The Outer Limits where he plays a jock. It aired in 2001, but I saw it in 2002.

The Vampire Diaires: I saw this pilot today. It's based on the books by LJ Smith. Kind of like Twilight with a teen girl and falling in love between two vampire brothers, but I heard that this book was written prior to Twilight.

It stars Nina Dobrev (Mia from Degrassi: The Next Generation) as the lead Elena. Her parents died in a car accident. She has a little brother Jeremy who does drugs played by Steven R. McQueen. This guy is 21 yrs old, and he looks like he could be high school. He's cute and pretty. They now live with their aunt.

Then there is the good boy vampire Stefan. He is played by Paul Wesley. I first saw him on Wolf Lake, Smallville, CSI: NY. He and Elena flirt a lot in the pilot. He is in love with her, because he looks like a girl he used to date named Katherine back in the 1800s.

It starts off with a couple driving in the fog. It has a guy who was also on Degrassi and the girl who plays Ashley from Heartland. It turns out the bad boy vampire Damon (Ian Somerhalder) murders them but makes it look like a animal did it. Then at a party, D goes and attacks a girl, but she survives.

D and S go and fight. Then it's revealed that the ring that S wears actually helps him be able to walk around in daylight. That reminds me of the Buffy ep "Harsh Light of Day" in the 4th season. Spike found the Gem of Amera and was immortal. Then there was Angel crossover, and Spike tried to get the ring from him. The ep was called "Into the Dark."

It was a pretty good pilot. They followed the rules with how a vamp can only come into your home if there's an invitation. This was shot in British Columbia. Though I have read in the Edmonton Journal that they will be shooting the rest of the show in Atlanta.

This reminded me of an article awhile back. It was about how they're softening vamps from being monsters. On Buffy and Angel, the vamps were all bad. Angel had a soul, and then later Spike became good because of the chip that was put into his brain to preven him from hurting humans. Then he also got a soul.

This reminds me of a script I should work on about vamps. It's where I make all the vamps bad. There is no love story where a young girl falls in love with a good vamp. I don't know, make it like Blade. I've seen all those movies when they came on TV. Scary, action. They're average.

No comments: