Friday, September 4, 2009

news/ sketch comedy/ funny news

Aug. 31 News: Did you know that the store Possi closed down in City Centre mall? I think it's been there for a year. I also read that a CostCo in Toronto are selling Christmas stuff already. Usually we have to wait until Nov. 1.

Kingsway: I went to Kingsway mall last week, and there have been a lot of changes. Have you ever heard of the store RW&Co? It says it was established in 1999, and I have never heard of it. Or if I did, I don't remember. Also the Xcetera store is now Ardene's like the one in City Centre. It's because Ardene's bought them out. Le Chateau has opened their new renovated store. It's huge and has really bright lighting.

Shopper's Drug Mart has also opened too. There is a new Urban Planet that cropped up there. Below the Belt has a renovated store with new kids version to the store. There is going to be Bath and Body Works opening where Buffalo used to be.

I saw some Michael Jackson shirts at Stitches. They also sell them at HMV. Overall the mall is very sleek and classy.

Sept. 1 16 and Pregnant: I was watching the season finale last night, with Dr. Drew hosting. He's from Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab, and came on Tyra and Larry King. He gave the stats like did you know that 1 in 3 teen girls get pregnant before they're 20? Only in the US which is an industrialized country, it has the highest teen pregnancy rate. Yes, I saw that on Tyra, and he wasn't there.

Did you know that 750, 000 girls get pregnant every year in the US? 50% of them end up in live birth. Did you know that only 1% end up in adoption? I thought it would be higher.

Joke: I was watching Conan O' Brien.

Conan: Did you know that the woman who plays Snow White in Disney World, has won $5 million in the lottery? Yes, it's true. Now her friends are asking for money, except for one. Bashful. "Do you want some money?" (He pretends to be Bashful by putting a finger in his mouth and acting shy.) "No."

The Jerrichos: This was a TV show way back in the early 90s. I was reminded of this show because the lead character was a man and he had to take care of his 4 younger siblings. It was a sitcom, and since the lead character was young, he had to dress up like middle- aged woman. He was to play the grandmother who was the guardian to all the kids.

He really did look a woman when he was dressed up as one. It's like Juwanna Mann. Two African- American men dress up like women, and they look like they could be women.

Sept. 2 Writing: I was thinking about that movie Fighting. A lot of it seemed like a string of scenes put together. There are a few plot points, and introducing characters, and set up a little conflict. It didn't really seem like a solid film. But this movie is great compared to this Freddie Prince Jr. movie Down to You. You can go and add all his other bad romantic comedies where he plays the same character all the time.

This movie came out in 1998. I saw it on TV in 2002. It was a string of scenes with some conflict thrown in here and there. I might as well spoil it for you so you won't have to watch it. If you do want to watch it, skip to the next paragraph. Julia Stile's character has a pregnancy scare, she cheats on FPJ's character, and he attempts to commit suicide later. Somehow it was made kind of funny because he drank her shampoo and then lands in the hospital.

Feeling: I was thinking about The Simpsons ep where Lisa went from the 2nd grade to the 3rd grade. Bart ends up being in the 3rd grade and in the same class as her. Then Lisa and Bart both end up in their original grades.

Principal Skinner: Lisa, if you go back to the 2nd grade, you'll be a big fish in a small pond.
Lisa: Big fish, big fish!

I was thinking about that So You Think You Can Dance Canada audition. When I was in jr. high school, I was like the big fish in the small pond. I was in the minority of people who were in the talent show and can perform in front of hundreds of people. If only I had went to Victoria Performing Arts high school, I would have been more prepared for the audition. The whole school is full of talented people so you are more aware of the competition.

Music: I borrowed Ashley Tisdale's 2nd cd called "Guilty Pleasure." She's from High School Musical. I like "Hot Mess" about falling for a bad boy. It's mainly pop- rock with one dance track.

Glee: I saw this comedy called Glee. It's about a teacher who is managing the Glee club which teaches music and dance. That takes me back to the days of choir class and drama class in high school. There is this one scene that reminded me of the TV show Arrested Development. This girl Rachel (Lea Michele) tells the audience that she has 2 gay dads and it's okay that she doesn't know who her biological dad is.

Well one dad is black, and the other one is white so of course she's her white dad's biological daughter. Arrested Development did that with 2 gay guys, one's black, one's white and they're having a kid. The show is about the teacher Will Shuester (Matthew Morrison). He was into musicals when he was in school. I have never seen MM before. He's handsome.

Sept. 3 Comedy sketch: I remember this sketch on the TV show Street Cents. It's really aimed at teenagers and they talk to them about products, and testing which product is the best. They made fun of this McDonald's commercial. This was way back in 2000.

Remember the commercial where there are 2 girls talking on the phone?

Girl: So has he kissed you yet?
Girl 2: No, he's shy.

Cut to the drive thru.
Girl 2 is out with Guy.

Guy: I'll have 2 Big Macs.
Girl 2: And no onions.
Guy: No onions.
Then the guy gets the message about not having bad breath before they kiss.

The parody is this.
Cut to 2 guys on the phone.

Guy: So has she kissed you yet?
Guy 2: No, she's shy.

Cut to the drive- thru.

Girl: No onions.
Guy 2: No onions.
Girl: No tomatoes.
Guy 2: No tomatoes.
Girl: No lettuce.
Guy 2: No lettuce.

Girl: No cheese.
Guy 2: No cheese.
Girl: No meat.
Guy 2: No meat.
Girl: No buns.
Guy 2: No buns.

Girl: No chance.
Guy 2: No chance.

Cut to a Server there.
Server: Hi, we're McDonalds. We serve food, not help you get lucky.
lol.

Funny news: Do you know who Jason David Frank is? I saw this on Yahoo News, and it turns out this guy played the Green Ranger on Power Rangers. lol. He's in the news because he's going into professional mix martial arts. The article said that his acting career has went south because his last credit was in 2007, and it went straight- to -dvd.

Well I know Amy Jo Johnson (the Pink Ranger) has done well for herself. She went on to do Felicity, and now she's on Flashpoint. I remember seeing Walter Jones (the Black Ranger, I had to look that up) on the Buffy ep "Fear, Itself". It's the one where they celebrate Halloween by going to a haunted house held by a fraternity.

Sept. 4: I finally finished reading my Screenwriting for Dummies book from cover to cover. I bought it way back in Dec. 2007 with the Veronica Mars book called Neptune Noir. I read the latter book cover to cover. I'll add the Dummies book to my list of two screenwriting books I read.

Survey: I was reading the Globe and Mail and this college professor did this research since 1984 about sex with college students. It turns out 25% of women are virgins, while 50% of men are virgins when they enter college. It's because the women are losing their virginity to older guys.

Job search: Today I passed out 3 resumes instead of that 1 resume last month. I have now passed out 102 resumes in 9 months. I had to search a bit more around town to see if there are any offices I missed and I did.

No comments: