Tuesday, May 13, 2008

music/ job/ sobeys

May 11 Music: Today I finally went and got an itunes account. I downloaded the song "When you wanna come" by Brian McKnight. Since I heard that song when Ivan from So you think you can dance season 2 danced to it on the Ellen Degeneres show. This is one of those hot R&B songs that are slow, but you can dance to like "Suffocate" by J Holiday and "U got it bad" by Usher. Yesterday I went out to dinner with my family to celebrate Mother's Day. I did have to pitch in $30 like my sibs did for the dinner. May 12- I don't download, if I can get the song for free by listening on youtube. Since I couldn't get that one song, I will have to download it. Reality tv music: I was watching Rock the Cradle and I realized something. I have a crush on the host Ryan Devlin who was Mercer on Veronica Mars. Today I watched the ep "Spit and Eggs" which is a really good ep because it solved one of the big season's mysteries. I don't know if it's only me, but RD kind of has a similar voice to Ryan Secreast and he is the host of another singing show American Idol. I was like memorizing the outfits that RD was wearing. The only problem I have with RtC is that one performer is eliminated and is not allowed to perform. So the past week they spent rehearsing, all that time is wasted. At least with So you think you can dance, the 6 dancers who got the lowest amount of votes, they have to dance off and then the judges will have to eliminate one girl and one guy after that. What's interesting is that the first 2 girls who were first eliminated, I didn't predict that they would be eliminated. All the performances were good, it's just the viewers didn't vote for them as much as the others. As for that double elimination ep that just aired, I totally predicted these 2 guys were going to be eliminated. The performances were really bad. The judges gave them the lowest scores in the entire season. One judge June described a performance as "painful." I have to agree. I was cringing when I was listening to it. I have only seen like 1 full ep of AI when that show came out in it's 1st season. It was down to the top 7 finalists. I was impressed with all their voices because not one had a mediocore voice. The prize for RtC is $100 000 and a record contract. I'm guessing one of the 2 remaining guys is going to win. They got the highest scores in the entire season. I'll might as well throw in that I don't like The Pussycat Dolls: Girlicious. I find that there is more to judge on the looks and being sexy, than the actual talent. I know for girls, you have to be sexy, but what about Popstars, the Canadian version? It focused more on talent in creating a girl group Sugar Jones. The US version Eden's Crush, I didn't see that show, but the girl group did focus a little more on being sexy judging from their video. Popstars 2, where it's a girl and guy group, not much on being sexy. Popstars looking for a solo artist, Canadian Idol and AI, it wasn't about looks. Girlicious released the song "Like Me" which is kind of like Pussycat Dolls "Don'tcha." Job: Today I emailed my resume to be an office assistant at City TV (though I passed my resume there in person.) I emailed my script pitch to them too. I pitch my script to Panacea Film Productions. I emailed my resume to be and office assistant at Anaid. I tried to email Reel Girls, but I can't print the submission form and I can't email them. I'll try later. Funny: Today on Degrassi: The Next Generation, the character Jimmy got accepted into pre- law at university. I go to twop.com and someone wrote: "Also, pre-law? No such thing, Degrassi writers." I laughed at that. Yeah, well my sister is in law school and she said that you have to get a bachelors degree than go to law school. By then you would be at least 22yrs old, and be mature enough to go into it. Unless you are really smart and can do a bachelors degree in 2 yrs and then get into law school. So I went to wikipedia and searched "pre-law" and it said: "A pre-law degree is any degree which would allow someone to enroll for law school. The utility of these programs of study is by no means set.[1] All ABA law schools require at least a bachelors degree for North American students. Therefore, it is not a major, but any set of courses within any bachelors degree program (whether required as part of a major or elective) which prepare one for law school. In addition to the specific college's requirements, there are also standard requirements set forth by the American Bar Association and the Law School Admission Council. A pre-law program is offered at some American colleges and universities; however, it is considered to be a "track" that follows a certain curriculum. Most pre-law students major in the social sciences, such as philosophy, political science, or sociology, though this is not a requirement."Though I also had a nitpick with the show where Jimmy applies for an internship at his dad's law firm. I know this from personal experience, but you need to be in college and have studied something and not be in high school to apply for an internship, no matter where it is. I tried to get an internship at tv stations, but they kept saying I had to be at Nait to apply. However, Jimmy's dad would probably let him get an internship. May 13 Sobeys: The food is good there, however it's not always cheap. Today I tried the Indian food called Porkas(?) Not quite sure what it's called, it costs $3.99 for 200 grams of it with sauce. It's a actually a vegetarian food with it being deep fried. Back when I was in Centre high, I ate Indian food called somasas, also deep fried and spicy. Sobeys also sell somasas. The porkas tastes good. The sushi ($5.99) and Forest mushroom soup with roll ($3.99) tastes good. One problem I have is I had the lasagna and it tastes good, but was $6.49 for a piece of it. I could have gone to Lorenzos in City Centre and got the same size of lasagna with a drink for $3.50. Fortunately, I had the gift card so I didn't really spend much money at all. Another thing is, that Sobey's lasagna was filling. I have been to Lazia and ordered this dish that was worth $20, but it wasn't filling. Sushi usually costs that much, soup too. Lasagna and pasta is often $6 for a plate, but I felt the size I got from Sobeys, wasn't big enough. Green: The printer was then fixed by Patrick. He was trying to print his notes. I then came by and realized the stuff that was coming out of the printer was not his notes, so then I threw in the gibberish that was printed on the 6 clean papers and put it back in. It would be printed in the back, so it's not a total waste of paper. I then threw in my scrap paper and used up 13 scrap paper.

No comments: