Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Darkness Falls/ music/ wish

Darkness Falls/ music/ wish

May 24 Darkness Falls: Last night I saw the 2003 movie Darkness Falls on TV. I remember going on what used to be Fametracker Forums and someone dissed it saying it's a movie where the Tooth Fairy is the monster who kills people. I read bad reviews of it in the paper. It stars Emma Caulfield (Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.)

I was looking at the lead guy Chaney Kley and he looks relatively like Ryan Reynolds. I went on imdb.com and it turns out CK died last year due to sleep apnea. He was 34. The acting wasn't bad. The story was really about in the 1800s a woman was murdered because she was wrongfully accused of murdering 2 children. Now she haunts people by mainly killing children.

Kind of weird that CK died of sleep apnea, and in the movie he is like an insomniac because he is too scared to go to sleep and is afraid of the dark, because the Tooth fairy is afraid of light and won't touch you if you're in the light. Not a bad movie. I jumped a few times.

Charity: I got a letter from Children's Emergency Foundation. It feeds children in Canada. The donations are distributed like this 80% program funding, fund development 15%, administration 5%. It's a good charity to donate to.

Job: Today was good at Clothing Store #3. I'm still learning how to use the till. It takes 15min to close instead of 30min like at Clothing Store #1 and the Office Supply Store. At Clothing Store #2, takes over an hr to close. What's interesting is that one of my coworkers worked at Clothing Store #2, only after I had quit. Looks like our paths will still cross.

The highlight of the day was that I bumped into Sarah who I talk to at the bus stop and bus when I was working at Call Centre #1 and Call Centre #2.  She's still working at the same job for the past 3 yrs. I told her that I am studying to get my learner's permit. She took and passed the test on her 1st try, 8 yrs ago. She says it's better that I take it with 30 questions, and get 5 wrong to pass, than back then when it was 20 questions, only 2 wrong.

She told me that one brother took the test 6 times and another brother 3 times. They don't study and prepare for it. Well that makes me feel better.

May 25 Writing: Yesterday I typed up 1 and half pages for my scripts.

Music: Today I heard the new Pussycat Dolls song called "When I grow up." It's really fast and I was watching them perform it on the Jimmy Kimmel Live on the internet. It's a good song to dance to. Turns out Carmit left the group in Feb. 2008. I didn't know that until today. Now there are 5 girls instead of 6. Also the winner of The Pussycat Dolls: Search for a new doll, Asia didn't join the group. She went on a solo career instead.

I am reminded of a dream I had last night, I was the new member of the girl group Danity Kane. In the dream, we had to share 2 rooms together to sleep in. I guess to show it's not all glamour. Then I went on Facebook and did the Likeness quiz of what's the best part of being on tour?

Wish: Today was really weird. It was my day off so I decided to pass out my office assistant/ receptionist resume to Call Centre #2. I had worked there from Apr. 2006-Aug. 2006. In the last 2 months of my job I wished the company would close down. You may remember me writing about how I changed the lyrics to Rihanna's "Unfaithful" song "I don't wanna do this anymore" to my lyrics "I don't wanna work here anymore."

I did the passive thing by working less shifts, min. 3 shifts a week. I told my co-workers about Call Centre #3 because they pay $10.50 instead of $9.50. Then I went to Professional Writing for a yr. Next summer in 2007, I worked at the Department Store for 3 days and hated it. I emailed my resume to Call Centre #2. My friend Chamnouer told me she worked at Call Centre #2 for a month, and they laid her off because they got new technology.

After I quit Department Store, I dropped my resume off at Call Centre #2 to be a market research interviewer. They never called me back. Today I dropped off my resume at  Call Centre #2.  There was the same sign there on the front window and I dialed 11 for . Call Centre #2I stood there for a few min., but no one picked up. Then this young woman comes in and I asked if Call Centre #2  is there. She says it closed down a few months ago. Interesting, my wish came true, albiet 2 yrs later.

I called Call Centre #2 and the woman said that the call centre closed down, but there is still a research company. So the place closed down, but the number still works. I then called Convergys because it closed down in City Centre, but it may be open. The number didn't work. I called Call Centre #3 and looks like that call centre is still open. Maybe I'll apply there as a receptionist and not work as a market research interviewer.

I went on the net, and the Edmonton Journal wrote an article that Convergys closed down due to lack of calls. I wanted to see if the one in Millwoods closed down too:

Canada.Com | Homepage | Canada.Com

Search: I then dropped off my resume at Capital Health. I thought I was following my dad's advice to work there, but actually a little bit of Sonia's advice too. S told me to work at the food services at the Royal Alexander hospital, but I thought it was too far. Well I am following both their advice. Food services pays like $11-$13/hr.

Shopping: I went to the MacEwan bookstore to buy a buspass, but they said they don't sell it on any campuses due to that upass. I then went to Shopper's drug mart and bought the June buspass. I went to BCBG Maxarzia, it finally opened in City Centre. There's one at West Ed. I checked out the prices and it's like hundreds of dollars, so it's like Holt Renfrew Part 2. lol.

Last week I saw that Pasta Deli closed down in City Centre. I'm not sure if it's under renovations, but it didn't say.

Funny: I was rewatching the Gossip Girl pilot, and the characters get on a bus. The ad on the side of the bus advertised for Smallville, another show on the CW. Interesting product placement. What I didn't notice was that in the pilot, Blair's mom was played by another actress. my sister pointed it out to me.

May 26: Inscribed.org rejected my story- again. It was a different submission, but my work still hasn't been published. Today I did submit my Charity essay that I wrote for Writing for the Ear class to my school newspaper Intercamp. I also checked all 18 of my school emails today. Lots of job postings there.

I also finally went and emailed Hyacinthe. It's been awhile, like a week or so since I didn't get the job at the big company. I emailed saying if there are any other job opportunities out there, get back to me. Today I went shopping at American Apparel on Whyte Ave. What was interesting was that I went to Subway to use the washroom. I bought a bottle of Coke because back when I worked at Cafe #2, so many people come to use the washroom and they aren't customers.

So I bought the pop, and then I had to ask the worker there to buzz me in so I could use the washroom. That's weird. This isn't Tim Hortons where you don't have to be a customer to use the washroom.


No comments: