Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jumper/ safety/ advice

Jumper/ safety/ advice

May 17 Jumper: Today I finally used my free movie pass that I got from going to a focus group discussing my school library. I went and saw Jumper at the $1 theatre at West Ed mall. It stars Hayden Christensen who plays a guy who can teleport. Great special effects, action scenes, story, drama, suspense and a little love story.

I recommend that you all watch it. I read a review that "it was all style, no substance." There was substance with HC's character David's relationship with his love interest played by Rachel Bilson. A little spoiler here, when he finds that his dad is hurt, he immediately transports him to the hospital, though they were estranged for years. I really felt something there. It's a very exciting and fun movie.

Shopping: I compared this new WEM brochure I got today to the one I got from April. The following stores are closed: Jacob Jr, Bianca Nyguard, Visionquest Eyewear, Hallmark Accents, The Tea Factory, Designer Handbags. It's like every month, there's a new brochure. I thought it was interesting that Hallmark Accents will be closed by May. 19. It's one of those stores at WEM, where there are 2, and then there was 1 like there used to 2 Carlton Cards and 2 Booster Juice.

I've been emailing to tv networks and signed a petition so that Blood Ties will be renewed for a 3rd season. The first season had 12 eps, and 2nd season had 10 eps.

May 18: I would like to work as a receptionist at the Chan International Talent Agency and Fantasyland Hotel at West Ed mall. However, I don't like taking the bus an 1hr there and 1hr back. These positions are on the bottom of my list.

Job: I'm going to go to Service Canada to apply for a job on Tues. After that week and it doesn't work out, I'll go back to Clothing Store #3 and ask if they are still hiring. Maybe Dani won't be like "So you come crawling back to me now" if I explained that I was following orders from my parents. Sure reminds me of That 70s Show when the guys go for a job interview at a fast food restaurant. The question is: "What is your flaw?"

Topher Grace: I let other people boss me around.
lol. So now Dani knows I let other people boss me around. If she says no, I will go and pass out all my resumes to the stores at City Centre.

Writing: Today I started typing up the stuff I wrote during the school year, but I didn't have time to back then. Now the stuff I wrote on scrap paper, I can then throw it in the recycle bin because it's typed up.

I was watching My Messy Life about people who have a lot of paper clutter on their desks. I have some paper clutter on my computer desk and the desk in my room. It's still pretty organized. The desks shown in the documentary were really cluttered with stacks of everything piled up. As my brother P says of his room that it is "Organized chaos and I know where everything is," that's the same thing the people said in the documentary.

May 19: For all the people who said they know where everything is, they were asked to find something and were timed. They found it within less then a min. or up to 5 min. There was only 1 person who couldn't find that one thing.

I got this flashback of the time in bio class at Centre High. I was talking to this guy Bobby about the tv show Alias.

Bobby: When they fast forward 2 yrs into the show, you know they are running out of story ideas.

I only thought of this because last night on Desperate Housewives season finale, they fast forward 5yrs ahead in the future. On Alias, they did 2 seasons and fast forward. After that, I would say it "jumped the shark" and the next 3 seasons weren't that good. However on Desperate Housewives, they did 4yrs of this show, then fast forward. The ending seems interesting.

Safety: I have mentioned this before that I don't really like to read Cosmopolitan magazine, but my sister bought it and I saw one of the headlines "5 signs that he's a rapist" so I had to read it. Stuff like be careful how much you drink. If he asks like he is all caring about how you had too much to drink, but then is pushing you to have another, there is something wrong right there. If you aren't even finished with your first drink and he buys you another one. When he says "Let's go somewhere quieter", don't go there with him. Kind of like what happened on that Gossip Girl pilot. I guess GG is a PSA show.

When he offers you a ride home, don't take it. Call a cab. Get a good buddy system, be with friends. Also look at the guy's friends. If the friend is saying offensive jokes, but the guy isn't, the guy probably says the same things as his friend, just not in front of you.

May 20: Today was good, I went back to Clothing Store #3 and asked for my job back. I had asked my parents if I can go back there since it's been 3 weeks of unemployment and a string of job interviews. Dani recognized me and asked me where I was so I told her I was listening to what my parents told me to do.

Me: They wanted me to work for at least $9/hr. How much do you pay?
D: We start off at $9/hr.
I gave her my direct deposit form and my SIN.

I did that in the afternoon. In the morning I went to Canada Place and got help on applying to Service Canada. I went to get a job for the youth/ student, but since I have one more class to take and I'm not a full time student, I can't get a job as a student. How ironic, I thought it would be easier for me to get a job that way. Now I shall apply like I did graduate, just like what my dad told me to do.

I then went home and applied to 10 jobs by emailing the companies for positions like telemarketer, office assistant, legal assistant, graphic artist.

Music: Here's some flashback of the past. I like the British boy band Blue. Here is my favorite member Lee Ryan singing his song "Parking." He is in a radio station performing this song. He is very talented. I remember back in May 2002, Blue came to West Ed mall to perform. They can all sing live well, and they did sing acapella. It was on Wed. I think May 13? 100 girls showed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUwVdELAkrw&feature=related

My friend Leslie and I were there. I had kind of persuaded her into liking boy bands by showing her the movie 2gether which is a fictional boy band. Blue performed acapella to the chorus to their first single "All Rise." Here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSq3KNFAsYk&feature=related

I do remember the time the DJ was saying "And at West Edmonton Mall is Wave." The audience groans, because he made a mistake by saying Wave, the Canadian pop duo. Then the DJ says, "I mean I'm here at West Edmonton Mall with Blue who is making waves here." lol.

May 21 Charity: This wheelchair charity calls asking for donations. As usual I said no. They did the whole "door in the face" by asking for the "dream donation" of $200 or $100, then went and asked for $40 or $25. Later I found an envelope for the Lung Association, so I'm going to send to them telling them to not send me any more things in the mail.

Advice: Yesterday I took the job at  Clothing Store #3 for $9/hr, but then Burnewood Physical Therapy called because I went to Job Bank and emailed them. The address is 3420 34 Ave so that's pretty far away. It does pay $13/hr as a receptionist. This weekend I'll be training for  Clothing Store #3.

I told Burnewood I can't come to an interview, but maybe I should call on Mon. to do an interview? Like if I go there, I will take a cab. But if I do get hired there, how will I get there everyday? Ask my dad to drive? Try to figure out a bus route, probably. The lesson is that the next time I apply to Job Bank, look at the address before I apply.

No comments: