Wednesday, May 7, 2008

job/ drive/ shopping

May 3 Job: Today I went to do an interview at Eddie Bauer. I told the manager that I did apply there last yr to show I was interested in working there. They will conduct a 2nd interview. There are a lot of applications and they will hire 2 people. There are 15 people working there already. The pay will be $9/hr or higher depending on the experience. Afterwards I went home and changed my clothes. I then went to Whyte Ave to go shopping. I then went back home.

I got home and later my mom came home and gave me a list of websites. I went to www.albertajob.com and applied to 4 jobs at Telus. There is
www.albertajobcentre.ca
www.gov.ab.ca

Music: I went on youtube.com and found these sites with new music by Donnie from Making the Band 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GerD6SabXlY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7jD86vTu8&feature=related

May 4: I did the Spherion online test they sent me. It's to test if you know how to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, how fast you can type. I sent my resume to Kelly Services. It's ks7021@kellyservices.com They are looking for help desk analysts, accounting clerks, rail car loaders, general labourers, call center agents, receptionists, administrative assistants, data entry clerks, chemical technologists, occupational health nurses.

May 5: Evaline Charles Academy called and they were prescreening before they set up interviews. I do have an interview tomorrow to work at the Guest Services at the mall. I applied at some banks today. I passed my resume out to Adecco this staffing agency. I emailed my resume to this tv production company called Dynacor. I pitched my script there before.

May 6: Today I had a job interview and I think it went well. I also applied to Spasation, Studio Nails, Delta Centre Suite, Premier Hair Salon, Bank of Montreal, HSBC. I went to where Convergys was. I applied there back in 2006, but they didn't hire me after I did the typing test. It looks like Convergys is gone. This construction guy said Primus will be taking over that place. I did kind of apply to Delta Cenre Suite last yr. Specifically Cocoa's Restaurant and Lounge which is part of it. This time I gave my resume to HR.

This morning I did the Adecco online test. Dynacor Media is a TV production company. I emailed my resume there to be a office assistant and today they emailed me back. They want me to call to schedule an interview. Alright! I had pitched my script to them in Jan. but they never got back to me. When I applied to Nait's TV program, I had to do a career investigation and I called this company to get info about being a tv producer. So when they ask in the interview "Why are you interested in working with us?" I have all this info.

May 7 Drive: So I finally just went out and took the freakin learner's permit test. I didn't pass and I spent $17.60 on it. Here's how to pass. I should have looked over every question first. You can do that. They show one question at a time, and if you don't know the answer, you can skip it. I should have done that first. Afterwards if you pick the wrong answer, they tell you the right one. You have to get 25/30 questions correct and they keep this tally at the bottom. Since I didn't pass, I felt very angry because I paid for it.

When I didn't pass the StatsCanada test, I didn't know they were going to ask math questions on it. I didn't study for that. That's fine, I only spent time, and not money.

Crazy day: After that, I went and dropped my resume to TD Canada Trust, Boardroom, this spa for men, Travel Time (travel agency) and then ManPower (staffing agency). I was looking over my papers when I lost my job at Ipsos and this was one of the places that appeared at the job fair that I forgot to attend. I had time to spare so I waited until some staff could give me some service.

I waited in this room and there are 3 guys, I think all East Indian and a guy helped 2 of them. An Asian woman came and helped the other guy. Then an Asian girl came in and
a woman helped her, while the receptionist told me someone would come. I was alone and then I hit my driver's book. Then this guy enters and introduces himself as Yassen.

We go to his small cubicle and he asks about my experience. He looks like Matthew Lawrence. Maybe because yesterday I was channel surfing and saw ML in a movie from 2005. ML is the little brother of Joey Lawrence. Yassen and ML had the same hair style, similar face, jaw line. Then he asked if I wanted to do this call centre test. I said yes.

We go to this computer room and he is setting up the computer.

Me: So is your name German?
Y: No, it's French. Very French. I haven't met a person with my name.
I thought it was German because there was a character in the young adult book and movie called Stormbreaker with that name. I then did the test. It was like I had to rate the responses for what a call centre agent would say to the caller. Is this very effective, effective, somewhat ineffective and so on for the ineffective.

They gave you 45 min to do the test and it will stop either when you finish the test or the time is up. On the screen it told me to go back to the staff who helped me. It said I did the test in 24 min, so that was good. Then Y was at the printer and he said that my score was a 47 and I needed at least 60. Failed 2 tests in one day, that happened once in gr. 7. I failed a science test and gym test.

Okay so anyway, he told me he will send me an online test through my email and to do it at home. Afterwards, call him and redo the call centre test. He takes a yellow sticky pad and writes his name and number.

Y: I still don't have my business card.
Me: Your name starts with an H?
Y: Yes, it's very French.

I went home and checked my email and his name is this Hyacinthe. I tried to do the test, but it wasn't working.

This morning I got up at 10am. Since I got a email from Dynacor, I wanted to get his name so I could call them back. I then called and we will have an interview on Fri. He said I could be a production assistant and not only an office assistant. My dream of working at TV production company could be coming true. I also got a email from Media Masters, but he said that they are a production company. They don't produce the film like pay the writer for the script. They only film it. He told me to get an investor and money for the project before I could call them and start filming.

Shopping: Sobeys finally opened in downtown. I saw it as I was waiting for the bus to go home. I told this my sister and she's like "That was in the paper." It's in the Edmonton Journal's Business section so I read it. I have a giftcard so I will use it. It was my parents. They got this for a gift for Christmas but never used it, so I asked if I could and they said yes.

In City Centre, the store Bears and Wishes is under renovation. Urban Planet changed how they placed their merchandise. The accessories, bags and shoes are placed on the girls side, and not in the centre in front of the fitting rooms like it used to be.

No comments: