Thursday, May 1, 2008

Charity/ job search/ drive

Apr. 28 Charity: I looked at my address labels that I got from STARS and I will give them points for not putting a "Mrs." in my name unlike the other charities like Multiscelerosis, Heart and Stroke foundation, and the Shriners Hospital did.

Blog: In Apr. 2006, I did a blog and it's still here called http://rebel3496.blogspot.com/ and there is only one post. Then in Jan. 2008, in Basic HTML we are to make a blog as an assignment so I created this:
http://badcb.blogspot.com/

The templates are exactly the same. However, since I read the freelance writing book, they said to create a blog. Lots of people get famous and successful because of their blogs. So now from the weekly emails I send to you guys, I shall copy and paste it and put those on the blog. I will continue to send you the weekly emails.

Consider the blog as my way of a chance to get successful. Or at least if I send you the weekly emails, you receive them and then accidentally delete it or we are discussing it, and you don't remember it. There is always an archive and where you can go back and read it and you would be like "Oh yeah."

Apr. 29 Job search: I had this big discussion with my parents at dinner. This morning Clothing Store #3 called me for an interview, and I was like "Yay!" They hired me on the spot of the interview. The manager Dani, had this kind of cynical attitude, but funny. Kind of like Ed the Sock on Muchmusic. I was to work on May. 1. She said I would have to start at $8.50/hr, but within 2 or 3 weeks, I can get a raise. Or I could become an assistant manager, no math required. lol. I took the job.

My parents and my sister had this big argument about how $8.50/hr is not good because it's 10 cents more than min. wage. This is the first place that hired me so I was going to work there until another good one comes along.

I was looking forward to working there because Dani and Jing seem fun. It was close by. My family told me to apply for an office job like at a bank. I can work as a receptionist there and at travel agencies. I'll do that tomorrow. I thought I was kind of righting a wrong because last summer I thought I was hired at Call Centre #3. When Clothing Store #3 called I told them I was hired. Then 2 months later, I dropped my resume there again. Since I got hired this time, I had right a wrong. Kind of like how back in 2003 I applied to the Department Store. They didn't hire me, but in 2007, another location did.
Xcetera and Ardene's are owned by the same guy. I see that besides Xcetera starting to sell clothes like Ardene's, the tags were also from there. News: Well today I was watching Law and Order: SVU and Robin Williams guest starred. The ep was ripped off the headlines from the newsmagazine show Primetime. It was based on ep I saw in 2006. S came by and sat down and watched it with me and I explained the whole story in nutshell during the commercial break. At a McDonalds restaurant, a woman manager gets a phone call from this cop telling her about a young woman who stole a purpose who fits this description. The manager then gets this young girl employee in. The girl was strip searched and her clothes put in a garbage bag.

Later they get the male manager on the phone with the cop to continue the strip search. The girl was only wearing an apron. Then this guy coworker comes in and listens to the phone, he thinks it's bull. Then later the woman manager realizes that she has been had. The young girl then sues McDonalds and plans to go to law school. SVU then talked about the David Millgram experiment where a authority tells someone to do something like shock a person even though that person is screaming in pain. I learned that in Research Skills for Writers in 2006. I asked Patrick about it, and he says he learned it in psychology 2 yrs ago.
The ep was mainly about how people are sheep and follow authority blindly. There was a part where there was a public pillow fight. Reminds me of last summer and my friend Heather told me about it on Facebook. I did attend the pillow fight only to watch.

Apr. 30: I tried to call Xcetera, but the number on the brochure and website didn't work even though I added the area code. I then dropped by in person and told them I couldn't work. It's a good thing I didn't write anything on the direct deposit form.

Today is also the last day of the Upass and now I must use the adult bus pass and buy one every month. I got my mark back from Project Lead and it's a C+.

I was reading this article of a tv guide that came in the mail today. The woman who wrote the movie Juno, this producer randomly found her blog and told her to write a movie script. I hope someone does find my blog and ask me to do the same. I hope you can guys can forward to all your friends, family and anyone you know and tell them to check out my blog http://badcb.blogspot.com/ It's like the 6 degrees of separation. I want more people to check out my blog so I may get discovered.

May 1 Drive: Do you know what's on the learner's permit test? Or remember so I would know what to study for? I'll be asking this to all my friends.

For the past 2 summers, I was flipping through and reading my driver's manual book. This summer I picked up the new one and for real this time, I will take the learners permit test. I will justify me not taking this test any earlier. When I was in high school, I always took summer school. I went to school 11 months a yr, with a math tutor every week. Can you blame me for not studying to get my learner's if I wanted to chill out?

Then after high school, I was mainly trying to get into college. College is way more important than learning how to drive. Also during the summer I was always working. Another thing I will throw in with my procrastination is that I am afraid to get into a car accident. However, I did learn something about procrastination. If you are overwhelmed by something big you have to do, make it into small pieces.

Get the learner's permit. 2 yrs later, get the license and then learn how to drive. Take the written test. S said that you have to get 17/20 questions right. With me, I don't always get everything right the first time. I have repeated courses before.

I was thinking about The Simpsons ep "Behind the Laughter" where Marge says, "You either ____ or get off the pot." Or like Nike says "Just do it." I have some confidence. I have read the driver's manual for the past 2 summers and I have seen people drive over the years. This is a written test. If I am actually behind the wheel, then I will be really nervous. Though I do remember watching an ep of For Better or for Worse, there are instructor brakes.

5 comments:

Miab said...

That might be possible due to some misconception as well which is usual in the business so we need to find here and there to find the solution that can make some difference and we can have the results.

Useful link said...

Thank God. I'm in the right place. Now I have no tension about the work that I have to do in tomorrow. I find the very useful way to do it very easily. And also very comfortable for me. Thanks for share this kind of idea.

Christopher Blevins said...

I'm just while in the perfect site. At this moment Concerning virtually no stiffness for the deliver the results this Need to conduct around the day after tomorrow. I actually look http://www.resumeeditingservice.com/our-resume-updating-service/ for the extremely helpful technique to apply it conveniently. And even pretty relaxed to do. With thanks to get promote these types of plan.

Suoerr said...

When we look at the multiple posts so some of the contents are always same because you cannot change the words which are being used by the http://www.resume2018.com/how-to-write-properly-resume-sections-for-best-looking-resumes-2015 so you need to be more particular in that case.

Changaz said...

Some students do work for the purpose of charity only and that is a great service for the humanity as they discover here the most beneficial for their career as well.