Friday, May 23, 2008

The Prince and Me/ news/ inspirational stories

May 21 The Prince and Me:  Today I watched the 2004 movie called The Prince and Me starring Julia Stiles and Luke Mably. It's about a pre-med student named Paige and she meets a guy Eddie at the college. They become lab partners. Eddie is the prince in Denmark and he doesn't like living there where everybody knows that he's the prince.

He sees a commercial for Girls Gone Wild and it's held in Wisconsin. He decides to go there with his butler Soran. My fave part was when Eddie goes and buys 2 beers at the bar that Paige is working at.

E: Can you lift up your shirt for me? Just a little peek?
P: What?
P then goes and sprays with pop on him. P then gets thrown out.
lol.

The bloopers was funny, although short. The scene above JS presses a button to spray him, but nothing comes out. The crew laughs.

Eddie has the look of Prince William, but the bad boy personality of Prince Harry. The whole time I was watching him, I thought LM looks a lot like the older, athletic brother and British counterpart of Canadian actor John White. JW played Bo on the old kids TV show The Adventures of Shirley Holmes.

It turns out I have seen LM before in the movie 28 Days Later. However he played one of the bad military guys, and they all look alike. My sister wanted to watch movies like Enchanted, then she took a nap so I went and borrowed Prince from the library. She wasn't interested in watching it, though she did watch the bloopers with me.

John White

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1362399232/nm0924986

Luke Mably

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2641534208/nm0531101

May 22 Job tip: My friend Sherry emailed me back saying and give me this job tip:

yay on having the second chance :)sounds like you already thought about the options and found the answer you needed. when i look at jobe, i look first at what the job is, then at the address/wage/hours. if the three are not acceptable, i don't even apply.

Cheating: Here's a really good tip on how to find out your partner is cheating on you: Send flowers to your partner's work anonymously, if he/ she doesn't thank you or even ask you about it, then most likely he/ she thanked someone else for the flowers. Really clever. I was watching The Smart Woman's Survival Guide which is a fictional sitcom about a group of people who are working on a TV show. The host was interviewing a PI about catching cheaters.

I thought I heard all the clues like how the PI said if your partner is dressing nicer and working out more to look better, than it seems like he/she is dating someone else. I learned that already from advice columns. From Cosmogirl, if your partner is always asking about where exactly you are and how long you are going to be there, they are most likely making sure they won't run into you.

News: I read that abortions are decreasing in Canada in The Globe and Mail. It's been the lowest since 1975. It's 100 000 abortions a year. The important thing is, women under 20, the abortions are decreasing the most. While women ages 35-39 are the same. It's because the morning- after pill is available on the drug store shelves.

Also in the Life section was about fraud marriages where people get married so that one person can stay in the country. I read an article in Ellegirl, where a girl married a gay guy so he could stay in the country. It had to look real so they went Las Vegas.

This morning I watched the audio commentary with the director Martha Coolidge on The Prince and Me. I really like this movie.

 I found a Luke Mably montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Nr811xNWM

I've seen the special features and watched most of the deleted scenes. I tried to watch 2 of them, but my PS2 was unable to read the disc. When I was watching it, the dvd did skip.

Music: I love the song "My love is like whoa" by Mya. Here is the live performance on MADtv back in 2003. I love the 2:20 into the song and she walks off the stage and is serenading to this one guy in the front row. He sure is lucky. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3nZ08Dcr8

May 23: Mya can sing live and dance very well. The above performance proves it.

Here's a new word I learned called neophtye. I learn it today while reading the newspaper. It means novice, beginner. The article was about how the CW network is neophyte and they are renewing the show Reaper for a 2nd season. The show gets 2 million viewers a week. However, ABC cancelled Men in Trees, though it gets 5 million viewers.

Inspirational stories: I think I saw this interview before, but on the internet back in 2005. It could have been another black guy who was put into jail for a murder he didn't commit. He was a gang banger and he was in jail for 20 yrs since he was 19. When he went to jail he decided to treat people with kindness, dignity and respect. He cut ties with his gang. He did get stabbed multiple times there.

In there he wrote about his life and tried to get out of jail by writing to this advocacy group. The group then rejected his case. He was going to commit suicide, but then this other inmate confessed to the murder, so the guy was free. He then moved in with this other guy who helped him prepare his case. He bought clothes, got a driver's license and job that pays $15/hr which is good compared to 8 cents/ hr for prison labour.

Now I'm thinking of what my sister said about me getting a job that pays $8.50/hr: "That's slavery." Well it's way better than 8 cents/ hr. Then he is making money with the $1 million he got when the justice system paid the settlement for putting him wrongfully in jail. Before he left, his lawyer got him financial advisors and he then decided to invest in ATM machines. He then went to Hawaii and saw that there are so many tourists there, he can get more money by putting ATM machines due to lack of competition. He is making $60 000 a month due to those transaction fees.

His life wasn't totally perfect after that. His marriage failed, he struggled with alcoholism, but overall he is happy now. Good for him. Truly inspirational. Then they talked to an old woman who was sent to a concentration camp with the Nazis running the place. They were looking for twins and since she was one, she then was taken a lot of blood out of her arm to run tests. The test was to see how long she can live with the lack of blood. She was also injected poison. She decides to forgive because she doesn't want to be a victim anymore.

If she continues to stay angry, than she isn't really helping the situation at all. Like the saying goes, "Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself."

Job: Today was a good day. I worked from 2-8pm and wasn't really tired. I kneeled a lot to put the jewelry up so I was sitting down a lot. It's good for now, let's see how I like it 3 weeks from now and 3 months from now.

No comments: