Friday, June 21, 2024

"'Abbott Elementary' star Tyler James Williams says he's 'not gay' in response to rumors about his sexuality — and explains why such speculation is 'very dangerous'"/ "Matt Bomer Says He Once Lost Out on Superman Role After He Was Outed as Gay: 'That's My Understanding'"

June is Gay Pride month and that's why I'm posting these articles about LGBTQ.  When you read this, I hope you will have empathy and compassion for them:


Jun. 4, 2023 "'Abbott Elementary' star Tyler James Williams says he's 'not gay' in response to rumors about his sexuality — and explains why such speculation is 'very dangerous'": Today I found this article by Erin Donnelly on Yahoo:


Abbott Elementary star Tyler James Williams is responding to rumors that he is gay — and speaking out against speculating on someone's sexuality.

Over the weekend, the actor took to Instagram Stories to confirm that, contrary to some speculation, he is "not gay." Williams, 30, went on to explain why "overanalyzing" others and trying to guess their sexuality is a "very dangerous" practice, both because it limits how straight men such as himself behave, and leaves LGBTQ individuals or those questioning their sexuality feeling "less safe."

"Usually I wouldn’t address stuff like this but I feel like it as a conversation is bigger than me," Williams, who plays Gregory on the hit ABC sitcom, wrote. 

"I’m not gay; but I think the culture of trying to ‘find’ some kind of hidden trait or behavior that a closeted person ‘let slip’ is very dangerous.

"Overanalyzing someone's behavior in an attempt to ‘catch’ them directly contributes to the anxiety a lot of queer and queer-questioning people feel when they fear living in their truth,” the former Everybody Hates Chris star continued. 

“It makes the most pedestrian of conversations and interactions in spaces feel less safe in our gay brothers and sister and those who may be questioning.

“It also reinforces an archetype many straight men have to live under that is often times unrealistic, less free and limits individual expression," added Williams, who has become a red carpet favorite thanks to his willingness to stray from traditional menswear looks. 

"I’ve been very clear about the intentionality I try to put into using my platform to push back against those archetypes every chance that I get.”

The Golden Globe winner continued, 

"Being straight doesn’t look one way. 

Being gay doesn’t look one way. 

And what may seem like harmless fun and conversation may actually be sending a dangerous message to those struggling with real issues. 

I refuse to inadvertently contribute to that message.”

Williams signed off by sharing a white heart emoji and wishing a "happy Pride to all of my queer and questioning brothers, sisters and individuals."

He added, "I pray that you feel seen in ways that make you feel safe in the celebration that is this month. As an ally I continue to be committed to assisting in that where I can and helping to cultivate a future where we are all accepted and given permission to be ourselves.”

In an interview with GQ in March, Williams shared that he was single, and spoke about his struggle to date given his fame and the preconceived notions others might have around him.

 As a former child star who grew up on camera, Williams also shared how went to therapy to work on his sense of "hypervigilance."

“I still get triggered by things that are part of everybody else’s childhood," he told the magazine. 

"Every time someone comes up to me, regardless of what it is they recognize me for, what that says to me in the moment is that I’m seen. I have to be on, immediately, because someone’s watching. 

Hypervigilance was one of the things that we had to tackle, because I would be listening to everyone’s conversation in a room. I could hear my name being brought up from two, three tables down. I could see how many people clocked me when I walked in the door. And that’s not healthy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abbott-elementary-star-tyler-james-181627063.html


  • Great response. Everyone should be able to live freely without judgement. Media and Social Media need to accept that gossip has always been bad and the guise of free speech is no excuse for harmful behavior.

    • This is a modern day witch hunt. Why is his sexuality, or anyone's sexuality for that matter, public business?

      • If it is not public business, then why does everyone feel the need to come out to the public?

        • Yes I agree smh

          • If someone wants to declare their sexual preferences they can and by the same token they can keep them private if they care to. It is no one else's business to "out" someone or cast aspersions as to their sexuality. I have known and worked with many gay people who have ranged from quite obviously gay through in the closet as well as many that don't advertise their preferences but don't try to hide them either which is probably the majority of those that I know.

            • Good for Him! Don't see why it's anyone's business. Sadly we can't put the "genie" of social media and 24/7 attention back into it's bottle and so many are out for their "likes", "views" and attention that they will put any garbage out their to attract them!



        Jun. 12, 2024 "Matt Bomer Says He Once Lost Out on Superman Role After He Was Outed as Gay: 'That's My Understanding'": Today I found this article by Tommy McArdle on Yahoo:


        Matt Bomer said he at one point signed a three-picture deal to portray Superman for Warner Bros. Pictures before his casting fell through in the mid-2000s

        Matt Bomer says he was passed over to play Superman in the 2000s due to his sexuality.

        When Bomer, 46, appeared on the Monday, June 10 episode of The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, the actor recalled that he was at one time under heavy consideration to portray Clark Kent/Superman in a film that was ultimately never made.

        "This is a very early iteration of Superman written by J.J. Abrams, called Superman: Flyby, I think is what it was called, and it never came to light," Bomer remembered, adding that his producers on the soap opera Guiding Light even wrote off his character because they felt he had a chance to portray the major superhero character.

        “It looked like I was the director’s choice for the role,” Bomer said. “I signed a three-picture deal at Warner Bros.”

        When Bomer, who did not publicly come out until 2012, was asked whether his sexual orientation ultimately affected his casting, he said, “Yeah, that’s my understanding."

        "That was a time in the industry when something like that could still really be weaponized against you," he added. "How, and why, and who, I don’t know, but yeah, that’s my understanding.”

        A representative for Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

        Bomer came out as gay publicly in 2012 when he thanked his husband Simon Halls and their three children while accepting an honor at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards. 

        As he said on the podcast, no Superman: Flyby film was ever made. In 2006, filmmaker Bryan Singer ultimately released the next film in the franchise, Superman Returns, with Brandon Routh in the title role.

        Author Jackie Collins once told a similar story to Bomer's in a 2012 interview with Gaydar Radio, according to Advocate.

        "Someone didn't like him and told [the producers] he was gay," she said of Bomer's casting experience at that time, as the outlet reported. "They said, 'No, no, we can't cast you.' The reason he didn't get cast was because he was gay."

        James Gunn’s Superman reboot Superman: Legacy is scheduled for release next summer, starring David Corenswet in the title role.

        https://ca.yahoo.com/news/entertainment/matt-bomer-says-once-lost-150141564.html


        These are the other 2 blog posts:

        "Transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney says Bud Light didn't support her during backlash"/ "Indeed is offering $10,000 to trans workers who want to relocate to friendlier states"




        "Ricky Martin says he has ‘PTSD’ from Barbara Walters 2000 interview: ‘I was just not ready to come out’"/ "Kaitlyn Weaver hopes her coming out story finally breaks figure skating's female archetype"





        My week:


        Jun. 17, 2024 "Innovative ‘green’ sanitary pads offer students a cheaper alternative": This was on a Chinese TV channel. Damola Samel Muu makes sanitary pads for girls and women. I have read about this before and posted this on my blog. I find this interesting because a man is producing this:

        "An estimated 3.7 million women and girls cannot afford sanitary pads in Nigeria. As a result, an agripreneur in Akure city of Ondo State has found a way to use natural resources to address the issue in his community."


        There are other companies that create this:




        Wed. Jun. 19, 2024"TTC worker hailed as 'guardian angel' for saving woman's life": Today I found this article on Yahoo and CBC.  This a good deed:

        When Michele-Marie Beer was trembling, dizzy on a Toronto streetcar, she never imagined the driver might save her life.

        But Beer says that's exactly what Monique Blake did when she insisted Beer stay on her streetcar until help arrived.

        It turns out Beer, the passenger, needed brain surgery to remove a life-threatening tumour that had been growing behind her right eye for years.

        "I'm alive because of this amazing woman that wouldn't let me off a streetcar because she saw me," Beer told CBC Toronto this week.

        In a June 9 Facebook post, Beer said of Blake: "She is forever my guardian angel."

        According to Beer, it all began when she was on a 510 Spadina streetcar after a Blue Jays game on May 31.

        The streetcar pulled into Spadina station after midnight.

        Beer said she was feeling dizzy with what she thought was post-concussion syndrome following a fall in January, when she hit her head on a streetcar on the same route.

        Driver's mother happened to be a nurse

        A passenger helped her to get to the front of the streetcar. She was planning to get off, when Blake, returning from warming her dinner, spotted her.

        The pair made eye contact and Blake noticed Beer was flushed and distressed.

        "I mouthed to her and I said: 'Are you okay?' And she said no," Blake said.

        Blake said Beer said she didn't want to disrupt anything, but Blake told her she would call for help.

        "I noticed she got up. She was shaking. She had tremours in her left hand. And I was like, 'OK, that's not good,'" Blake said. "She made it to the front and then I called."

        Blake said Beer protested, not wanting to hold up service. But Blake persisted because she knew it was something more severe.

        That's because Blake's mother is a retired nurse who worked at a seniors' home and used to talk about people with brain injuries and how they had tremours.

        "That was something that kind of triggered in my mind that maybe something like that is happening," she said. "It did seem alarming."

        'It's surreal'

        It turns out she was right.

        A surgeon at St. Michael's Hospital, where the life-saving operation was performed, told Beer that "had I gone home that night and fallen, I would have either slipped into a coma, lost my eyesight because it was attached to the nerve, or died. That's how close it was to being done."

        After the surgery, Beer decided she needed to find out who the streetcar operator was.

        She called her friends and the TTC, and eventually, she got her email. Beer emailed Blake and Blake visited her in hospital.

        TTC streetcar operator Monique Blake says: 'I do believe that, even though we do live in a fast-paced environment, if you do reach out for help, people will take the time to help because we all need that human connection.' (CBC)

        "My mission from the time I woke up was to find her, thank her and make sure that she gets the highest honour in the city for what she did," Beer said.

        As for Blake, she said she was happy to help.

        "Right now to this day, it's surreal. I just didn't think it would turn into something this big," she said.

        'We all need that human connection'

        "I just thought someone needs help, the ambulance will come, they'll check her out, give her some fluids and she'll be fine. But to know that it went so far as to saving a life, I'm honestly, I'm humbled, truly."

        Blake said the message in the story is that it's okay to ask for help and to accept help when someone offers and it's not an inconvenience.

        "I do believe that, even though we do live in a fast-paced environment, if you do reach out for help, people will take the time to help because we all need that human connection."

        After having the tumour removed, Beer said she feels herself again — and has Blake to thank.

        "Monique saw me. Monique saw me. And here I am."

        Monique Blake and Michele-Marie Beer

        https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ttc-worker-hailed-guardian-angel-100000563.html



        Thurs. Jun. 13, 2024 Duet chocolate bars:  This Filipinio woman was going door-to- door selling these Duet chocolate bars (65 g).  This is milk chocolate covered caramel cookie sticks.

        Her son wanted to buy a trombone for his band class, and then he can practice this over the summer.  He had a trombone, but he was renting that during the school year.

        $5 for a bar 
        $10 for 2 bars
        $20 for 5 bars

        I only buy candy and cookies door-to-door.  I bought 1 for $5.  The bar was average.

        If this was sold at a store, probably $2.50 the highest.  I wouldn't spend $20 on chocolate.


        Wed. Jun. 19, 2024 OneO1 Bistro: This is Asian cuisine with alcohol and bubble tea. 




        Fri. Jun. 21, 2024 Garage sale: I went there.  A man in his 50s and 60s was there and selling things I wasn't interested in like lanterns.


        No comments: