There are so many TV shows that come out every year on all sorts of platforms from TV networks to streaming.
"A charismatic defense attorney and a powerhouse television producer work together to control the media following a high-profile incident."
1. It has big names like Piper Perabo (Coyote Ugly).
J. August Richards (Gunn from Angel).
Marc Blucas (Riley from Buffy).
Ryan Guzman (the movie The Boy Next Door).
Aimee Teegarden (90210 reboot).
Kevin Zegers (Gossip Girl).
Dilshad Vadsaria (Second Chance).
2. There is some interracial dating.
3. They show a woman in her 50s Kate Jennings Grant that she can still be sexy.
4. There is a murder mystery.
5. There is drama, conflict, and tension as the characters work in a fast-paced TV news show as they cover breaking news.
1. Bad writing. I don't care about any of the characters. There is no one I like or dislike.
I feel like all the big names I listed, it does not save this show.
2. It was trying to be sexy.
A couple hooks up in the first scene.
The TV host hooks up with her male guests.
One of the assistants who works there was an escort.
This show is coming off as sleazy.
My opinion: I felt kind of in a bad mood after watching this show. I was cringing at it. I never watched it again.
The career- oriented mind sees this TV news show that the characters are on, seems to be a bad environment to work in.
I was little surprised there were positive comments about this show on imdb.com.
Shoot the Messenger:
"A young journalist who, while working on her first murder case, becomes embroiled in a web of urban gangs, the political class, corporate power-brokers and the police."
1. It had a strong opening with the lead character Daisy driving to meet someone. Then she see someone get shot.
2. There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension to solve this murder. Daisy is a journalist, so she may be covering this story even if she didn't witness a murder.
There is conflict in trying to identify the victim.
3. There is good ethnic diversity. They go in-depth about the Somali community.
4. There is good acting as the victim's family shows grief.
My opinion: I find this show mediocre. I never watched it again.
Jun. 27, 2018 Pitch: Dan Fogelman co-created this show. He created This is Us.
"A young pitcher becomes the first woman to play in the Major Leagues."
1. I like the idea of the first young woman to play in the Major Leagues. Also a woman of color.
2. Kylie Bunbury who plays the lead Ginny is good.
Mark- Paul Gosselaar is a baseball player in it. (Zack from Saved by the Bell.)
Aug. 2, 2018 Pure Genius:
"A young Silicon Valley tech-titan enlists a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in starting a hospital with a cutting-edge, new school approach to medicine."
1. The characters are good. I like Dr. Walter Wallace (Dermot Mulroney) who plays a likeable surgeon. Augustus Prew who plays the tech-titan James Bell is average. I like Prew more in the Prison Break reboot as Whip.
2. I like the setting of this nice and modern office and hospital. It's very high- tech.
3. The show is about how a hospital and the workers really want to help people.
A line: "Studies show patients eat better, sleep better, better recovery if they fell more in control of their environment."
It's kind of inspirational to watch.
4. Good ethnic diversity.
1. I thought this was kind of contrived.
Spoiler alert: James reveals he built this hospital really to help himself. He has this kind of neurodegenerative disease that acts fast. It seems within 5 yrs, he may not even know his name. James is in his late 20s.
My opinion: The show was average. I never watched it again. I don't really like medical dramas. You can check it out.
"A brilliant attorney and former First Daughter is blackmailed to heading a unit that investigates cases of wrongful conviction."
1. Hayley Atwell (from Agent Carter) is good in it.
Eddie Cahill (from CSI: NY).
Shawn Ashmore (Iceman from the X-Men movies).
Merrin Dungey (Alias).
Emily Kinney (The Walking Dead).
Manny Montana (I have never seen him before, but I thought he was good.)
2. There is drama, conflict, and tension as the team investigates in a period of 5 days is this person guilty or not.
3. It was kind of funny. Atwell and Dungey's characters go to confront a man with a box of evidence. He is going to set it on fire.
Atwell: Don't do it!
Man: Why not?
Atwell: I'll let you touch these. (Her breasts.) Well it has worked before.
4. There is a happy ending.
Writing about TV shows: I did my job search. I then decided to have a break by doing something different. I wrote about some pilot reviews, and I felt good.
Aug. 3, 2018 Donovan Mitchell helps: I found this on Yahoo:
1. Drink water.
4. I am also most alert in the mornings so I do the hard stuff first, like my job search and reading the business section of the newspaper.
Aug. 5, 2018:
5. If I need energy, I listen and dance to music for 5-15min.
Sleeping habits: As soon as I get home from night shift, I go straight to bed.
1. Turn the lights off.
This is bringing some flashbacks of that bad time in 2006: The Year of Anger Management. I had gotten laid off from Call Centre #1 and had a hard time dealing with it.