Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Forever/ Second Chance/ Shades of Blue

Aug. 6, 2018 Forever: This show came out in fall 2014 and I'm writing about it now.  I did write about all the other shows that came out at that time.  I saw the first 2 eps that aired.

"A 200-year-old man works in the New York City Morgue trying to find a key to unlock the curse of his immortality."

Pros:

1. Ioan Gruffurd who plays the lead Henry Morgan is a good actor.  He is a likeable character who helps people.  (Fantastic Four movies)

Alana De La Garza who plays the cop Jo is good too.  (Do No Harm and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders).

Joel David Moore is the ME assistant. (Avatar).

Judd Hirsh is Abe and is the only one who knows Henry's secret.

Lorraine Toussaint is the Lt. and Jo's boss.

2. It had a good opening.

Spoiler alert: Henry is on a subway and it crashes.  He dies.

3. Good dialogue.

Abe: The whole point of a life is experiencing new things.

"Our lives are a series of moments.  Marking our souls forever."

Henry: What keeps you alive is not blood and flesh, but hope.


Henry: It won't end well.
Abigail: Who cares?  Life is about the journey.  It doesn't matter how long it lasts.

I'm going to put that in my inspirational quotes.

4. Good surprises and twists.

Spoiler alert: Someone calls Henry and knows about how he survived subway crash.


5. I find it interesting the creator Matthew Miller went on to create the TV shows Lethal Weapon and Trial and Error.  I saw the pilots to those shows, and they were alright.

6. Good and creative writing on these mysteries.


Cons: None.

My opinion: I watched it and really liked it.  I decided to watch it regularly.  I watched the whole 1st season.  It got cancelled.  I recommend you watch it.


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3487382/

Aug. 8, 2018 Second Chance: This show came out in Jan. 2016.

"A billionaire bioengineer brings a dead police officer back to life."

Pros:

1. Everybody likes stories about second chances and do-overs.  It starts off with:

"What would you do with a second chance?  Second chances can be a real monster."

It then shows a man's body floating in the water.

Then shows a shot of Seattle and 3 months earlier.

2. The actors and characters:

Robert Kazinky as the guy resurrected Jimmy Pritchard.  He was a cop before.  There was a good exposition when an article of him "Sheriff Pritchard resigns in disgrace.  Planted evidence and witness tampering."

Tim DeKay as Duval, the son of Jimmy and FBI agent.  It turns out he was in the show White Collar.  I saw the pilot.

Dilshad Vadsaria who plays Mary, one of the billionaire bosses.  She is the one who is sick and needs Robert's DNA.

Adhir Kalyan who plays Otto, one of the billionaire bosses.  He seems to be autistic.

3. Good dialogue:

Mary talks to Jimmy:

Mary: We're offering you another chance.  This is the best version of you.  You are the first one to journey all the way back and get another chance.  Don't you want it?

Otto is living in his room from 1988.

Arthur: You know you're not supposed to manage your feelings this way.  Mary prefers you to stay present.

Mary: He experiences the world through me.  If I go, he will retreat into himself. 

4. Good writing and idea of: The crazy situation of being brought back from the dead, and also being super strong.

Jimmy has to reinvent himself to get back into his son's life.

Cons: None.

Comparisons: 

A character is murdered and they have to make it look like an accident or suicide: Jimmy was murdered and they made it look like he jumped off a bridge.  This happens on a lot of shows.

AI program talking: This one is called Arthur.  On the TV show Reverie, it's called Dylan.

My opinion: I really liked the show.  I recorded all the episodes and watched it in a week.  This is a really good sci-fi crime drama.  I recommend you at least check out the pilot.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4378456/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chance_(2016_TV_series)

Aug. 9, 2018 Shades of Blue:


"Harlee Santos, a single-mother New York police officer, is forced to work in the FBI's anti-corruption task force whilst dealing with her own financial problems."

Pros:

1. The cast: Jennifer Lopez is the star as Harlee.

Ray Liotta plays the boss Wozniak.  He is good in it and I have never seen him before.

Drea de Matteo is Tess.  She was Joey's sister on the Friends spinoff Joey.

Sarah Jeffrey is Harlee's daughter Cristina.  She was on Wayward Pines.

Here are more of the actors I don't know:

Warren Kole plays FBI agent Stahl and he's good.

Dayo Okeniyi is Lohman, the new guy into this corrupt crew of cops.

Vincent Laresca is Espada who is average.

Hampton Fluker is Tufo who is average.

Santino Fontano as Saperstein.  

2. There is really good writing with surprises.

It starts off with Harlee talking to a video.  It then shows "2 weeks earlier."

Spoiler alert: Harlee and Lohman hear gun shots.  It's really a video game.  Lohman shoots a guy.  Harlee then shoots Lohman so it looks like the guy shot Lohman first.  Lohman was wearing a bullet proof vest.

There is lots of drama, conflict, and tension in being a cop.  Also the drama continues as Harlee is forced to turn on her crew because if she doesn't, she's going to jail for 8-10 yrs for corruption and bribery.

Comparisons:

The lead character is the mole and needs to bring down the organization she's in: It was done on Alias where Sydney works for SD-6 which is part of the CIA.  Then it turns out it isn't, and she has to bring down SD-6.

A character is a mole and the audience doesn't know who it is: It was done on Blindspot season 2.  There was a mole.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I really like it.  You should all at least check out the pilot.

Aug. 20, 2018: I just finished watching the season 3 finale/ series finale.  It was a solid ending.  Actually the episode before it was really crazy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4118584/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Aug. 16, 2018 Secrets and Lies: This is the 2nd season.  The same detective Cornell (Juliette Lewis), and new murder mystery.

Pros:

1. Juliette Lewis as Det. Cornell.

Michael Ealy (Almost Human) as Eric and his wife Kate murdered. 

Jordana Brewster (The Fast and Furious) as Kate.

Terry O' Quinn (Alias) as Eric's dad.

Mekia Cox (90210) as Eric's sister Amanda.

Charlie Barnett as Eric's brother Patrick.

AnnaLynne McCord as (90210)  Patrick's wife.

Eric Winter as Niel (The Mentalist) a worker at the law firm.

2. There is a really good mystery.

Who killed Kate?

And why?

Is it someone from Eric's family?

Is it someone at the law firm?

Is it someone from Kate's past?

There are lots of twists to the story.

Cons: None.

My opinion: I watched the first season and the second season.  It got cancelled after the second season.  You should all at least check out the pilot.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3516878/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Aug. 20, 2018 Such Good People: I was going through my email drafts and I found this.  It's when I was looking at my TV listings and decided to look it up.  I saw the trailer and it's a comedy.  

It has Lance Bass (from NSYNC) and Tom Lenk (Andrew from Buffy).


"A young gay couple discovers a secret room filled with cash while house-sitting for a rich couple who die while out of the country."



My week:


Aug. 23, 2018 Second chances in my life: There are second chances in life that are not as big and grand as on fictional TV shows.  However, there are big and grand ones in real life.  There aren't really big ones in my life:   

Job interviews: 

Pizza place: This year I did a job interview at a pizza place for a team leader position.  I didn't get hired.  A month later I got an interview at the same place for a food counter attendant position.  I didn't get hired.

Printing company: I did an interview here in 2016 and I didn't get hired.  I did an interview there in 2018 and I didn't get hired.

College programs: I applied to get into NAIT's TV program at 3 different intakes and didn't get accepted.

I applied to NAIT's radio program at 2 different intakes and I didn't get accepted.

Aug. 24, 2018 Why I stopped writing my blog and put more news articles on:

From 2008- 2014, I did a lot of original writing. My friends all said they scan or skim it really fast. If they don't put effort in reading it, I stopped putting effort in writing it. 

Aug. 25, 2018 Writing TV shows and movies: It's that time in the last 2 weeks of Aug.  There aren't many shows to watch.  I have to wait until my shows return and new pilots come out.  I'm biding my time by writing about TV shows and movies.

Call a friend: I called up Cham today and she told me about the shows and movies she watches:

Disenchanted- from The Simpsons creator
Orange is the New Black 
A Quiet Place
Good Girls

I heard of all that, but I didn't watch them.  Most of them are on Netflix.

Aug. 26, 2018 Awkafina's video: She is an Asian rapper/ actress.  I read that she put up a video called "My Vag" and then was fired from her job as a publicist.  Then she got her entertainment career because of the video.

I saw the first 30 sec. of the video and then I stopped watching it.  You will be either:

A. That's offensive.
B. That's funny.
C. Both.
D. Neither.

I was mainly offended so that's why I only watched 30 sec.  It was mildly funny as she pretends to be gynecologist and pulls random items from a woman's privates.

Lesson: Don't post things on the internet that your past, present, and future bosses are going to see.  In this case, it works out for Awkwafina.

I have seen my co-worker V and his dancing video.  It is mainly him kicking up his feet and legs.  It wasn't really good dancing, but bosses are not going to say it's offensive.  


Homeless man Johnny Bobbit can't get Fund Me:
A HOMELESS man who made headlines last year after he used his last $20 to help a stranded motorist in Philadelphia said he is panhandling once again because he has no access to the money raised on his behalf through GoFundMe.
Johnny Bobbitt gained worldwide attention when he paid to fill up the petrol tank of stranded motorist Kate McClure in November.
To thank him for the kind gesture, Ms McClure and her boyfriend Mark D’Amico started a GoFundMe campaign in return, promising that they would use the funds to buy Bobbitt a home.
However, Bobbitt told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he can’t use the $200,000 ($A270,000) left out of the $400,000 ($A545,000) that donors raised on GoFundMe, and he no longer has a camper or a car.
Ms McClure insists the couple did all they could to help Bobbitt and in an interview with the Inquirer last week, Mr D’Amico said he controls the money and will start dispensing it when Bobbitt gets a job and stops using drugs.
“Giving him all that money, it’s never going to happen. I’ll burn it in front of him,” he said, adding that giving an “addict” the money would be like “giving him a loaded gun.”
But Bobbitt questions the couple’s motives and fears they may have squandered the money.
“I think it might have been good intentions in the beginning, but with that amount of money, I think it became greed,” he said.
He also told the paper he was suspicions over how Ms McClure, a receptionist, is now driving a new BMW.

The couple have retaliated, saying the car was paid from their own money.
Bobbitt did however admit that the couple once gave him $25,000 and he spent it on giving it to relatives and friends, and some on drugs.

GoFundMe is investigating whether the money was mismanaged, and said it will work to ensure Bobbitt “receives the help he deserves and that the donors’ intentions are honoured”.


My opinion:
They need to get Bobbit a lawyer and a financial planner.  Probably a sober companion or social worker to make sure he stays off drugs.  

First put him to rehab and use that money to fund it.  

Then find an apartment and make sure automatically every month a certain amount goes to rent.  Also like $1000 for other living costs a month.

Aug. 27, 2018 Drake surprises heart-transplant patient: 

For her birthday, 11-year-old Sofia Sanchez made two big wishes: to meet her music idol, Drake, and to get the heart transplant that would save her life.
The first came true last week—and according to the family's GoFundMe page, the second came true today.
Sanchez had been diagnosed with cardio myopathy, an incurable disease that causes heart failure, and for weeks she was in a Chicago hospital on a waiting list to get a transplant that would replace her heart, which didn't pump properly, with a donor heart.


Aug. 28, 2018 Detox Your Life: I was listening to Robert Clancy, an Inspirational Speaker 
& Author about "How to Own Your Worth to Impact the World".

It was inspirational about how when he was a teen, he went to a teen dance club.  He went to up to a girl and asked her to dance and she said no.  It seemed like she didn't want to dance, but he asked if he can sit and talk to her.  Then 30 yrs later on Facebook, she emails him saying: "You probably don't remember me, but that night, I was going to commit suicide.  When you talked to me, I felt like a princess.  Now I'm raising my 2 kids on your ideals."

No comments: