Sunday, November 3, 2013

Arrow/ Free the Children/ Kane Hodder



Oct. 22 Arrow: I finally watched the season 2 premiere of this show on ctv.ca.  It came out two weeks ago.  After I saw it, I looked for the season 1 bloopers.  I think the best part was 1:58 seconds in.  Stephen Amell is kissing and carrying Katie Cassidy and he is to put her on the bed, but they fell off the edge of it onto the floor.

Fortunately Cassidy falls on top of Amell and he asks: “Are you okay?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPWdg3JwSA

Oct. 23 Melissa McCarthy: There is fuss with Melissa McCarthy who is plus size, and she’s on the cover of Elle.  She is covered up in a big green coat.  Critics are saying they should have let her show some skin, I think so too.  However, McCarthy said that she chose the coat and wanted to wear it.


Oct. 25 Pretty Little Liars: Here are the bloopers and it’s from season 1-3.  It’s pretty funny.  I think the 2 min. mark, it’s more physical comedy.  There was a raccoon at the top of the stairs, or that’s what Shay Mitchell says she saw.


Oct. 28 Funny news: I read in the Metro on Oct. 24, 2013 that people who tried to make a noise complaint from a San Francisco marathon to a 311 hotline, got misdirected to a phone sex line instead.  The difference was one was a 866 and an 800 prefix.

Free the Children: I was also reading the Metro and it talked about the charity Free the Children.  Rahab Sopiato was a single mom at 12 yrs old.  She made charcoal for a living by finding branches, chopping them up, burning them, and burying it in dirt.  She had 3 kids and to send her eldest daughter to high school, it was going to cost $350 Canadian a year.

She heard about Me to We Artisans where you can make beaded handiwork and sell them to the Western market.  She made lots of bracelets and jewelry.  Her daughter is 29 and she graduated out of high school.  Rahab bought two cows and set up a shop to sell flour, rice, and pop.

Saudi Arabia women drivers: On Oct. 25, 2013 in Metro, the headline was: “Honk for the ladies in Saudi Arabia.”  There aren’t a lot of women drivers, and if they do drive, they get harassed.  However, the govt. has started a campaign to crack down on men who harass women who drive.

Stephen Chalmers: I written about him before.  On Oct. 25, 2013 in Metro, it’s reported that he got a 1999 used trailer to live in.  There are still some other residents that need trailers to live in.  I put this on my Facebook status update to please donate:


Kane Hodder: I was reading in Metro on Oct. 18, 2013 called “The Man behind the Jason Mask.”  Hodder plays Jason from the Friday the 13th movies.  I couldn’t copy and paste the article from the internet, so I’ll have to type it up.

“Early in his stunt career, Hodder received nearly fatal burns over 50 percent of body.  So today he raises funds for burn survivors through the ‘I helped Kane’ program of Scares that Care (scaresthatcare.org), a non-profit that mobilizes the horror flick community.  And whenever the movie convention regular visits a major city, he visits hospital burn units to offer support and understanding to survivors, including the inevitably encountered super-fan of his frightening alter-ego.”

Metro: How did that delay impact your recovery?

Hodder: Things got progressively worse, not better.  I was in so much pain, I got a staph infection throughout the burn area, and the doctor told my family I might die.  He was egotistical, and thought he could handle my situation.  Many years later, after I realized he f---- me over and made me suffer because he was inept.  I went to his office.  I honestly wasn’t sure what I was going to do when I got face to face with him.

I probably could have beaten him to death; I had so much hatred for this guy.  But he looked me in the eye and admitted that (he) had been wrong.  It caught me off guard.  It defused my anger.  I walked out.  Though I sometimes think that (anger) might be why I’m able to be so convincing with extreme violence on film.  I think maybe I draw from my own past.

Metro: Did the experience put you off of stunts?  Does anything scare you?

Hodder: It never dissuaded me.  Maybe it was my ego, not wanting to be defeated by a certain type, but I ended up specializing in fire stunts.  There’s really nothing in life that scares me!  Maybe because I’ve been through the worst hell I could ever imagine. 

Music video:

Katy Perry: I saw the last half of the video “Roar” on TV and I decided to finally watch the whole thing.  I like that there is a story to it.  Perry’s plane has crash landed on an island with a guy.  She is panicking, but then she adapts to it.

It’s a fun video.  She looks good in it, and there is a beautiful island paradise.  


American Idol parody: Here is MADtv making fun of American Idol.  I remember watching it way back when it first aired in 2002.  Kelly Clarkson guest-starred in the sketch.  The real Randy Jackson and Paula Abdual played themselves as they judged the talent.  Michael McDonald played Simon Cowell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRR6aEfDPI

Rihanna: I found this on Yahoo, “Rihanna kicked out of Abu Dhabi Mosque, Doesn’t Seem to Care.”  She was wearing a black jumpsuit and head cover in front of the mosque.  She didn’t have permission to be there for her photo shoot, so she was forced  to be removed.

A lot of Yahoo comments are saying that she has no respect for the culture.  I don’t see any controversy with this.  I thought the photos looked good.  The good thing is that at least she left when they asked her too.


Dateline: I’m sure a lot of you guys are thinking this: “Whenever I see Tracy writing about Dateline: To Catch a Predator, I immediately skip to the next paragraph because I don’t want to read it.”  Yeah, well the thing is, it’s like something I have to go back to and check on the snarky comments.

“I bet the crew ate the strawberrys and cream backstage”

Me: lol.  That’s a new one.  I never thought of the crew eating it.  I thought it would be evidence, but they should take a picture of the stuff he brought and the crew should be allowed to eat it.

nj_dom_4_f: ‘and I take your hand and wrap it around my ----‘
decoy: "wow"
who the hell falls for this lmfao. They deserve to be on this show, dumbass pervs xD”

“I get lonely as hell too and desire the company of a woman, but mother------ the majority of us don't drive for miles to f--- children because of it. The asian guy with the koala plushie is a pisser. He's acting as though he's been busted smoking by his dad who is very disappointed, lol, mother------ you're going to get murdered in prison.”

The South Park parody:

"Wait a minute..this ain't no HOUSE! -- CHRIS HANSEN! Now everyone will know I'm a perv! UGH! *boom* // "Oh GOD it's Chris Hansen! *boom* // Chris Hansen!! *boom* // Dateline?! *boom* // I KNEW it!!! *boom* // (wait for it)
There aren't really BROWNIES!!! *boom*

No comments: