Thursday, January 17, 2013

joke/ World Vision/ Julianne Hough

Jan. 1 Joke: My friend Maygen put this on her Facebook status update.  It seems like a joke I would get from Daily Silly.
 "I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny? Yeah, well I couldn't believe it…. He was a DWARF!!!
He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, ”I AM NOT HAPPY!!!”
So, I looked down at him and said, “Well, then which one are you?”"


College joke: I got this from Daily Silly.

It was the first day of the new year at a college and the dean was addressing the freshman class. "We have very strict rules here regarding the dormitories," the dean explained. "The female dorms are not to be visited by any male student and the men dorms are off limits to the female students." "Anyone caught breaking this rule will be fined $ 50 for the first time." "Anyone caught breaking this rule a second time will be fined $ 100," he added. "Breaking the rule three times will cost you $ 200. Any questions?" the dean asked the students. One male student in the back raised his hand and spoke out, "How much for a season pass?"

Jan. 5 Stupid criminals: I found this on Yahoo.  18 yr old Jacob Cox-Brown put this on Facebook: "Drivin drunk ... classsic ;) but to whoever's vehicle i hit i am sorry. :P"

He was arrested.  I would understand if you were to tell your friends or family that you hit a car, and you drove away really fast.  But to put it on Facebook for the entire world to see?  Stupid.  It's one thing to drive sober and get into an accident, but it's way worse to drive drunk because it's illegal.

I mentioned that Simpsons joke before. 

Homer: ...and then I drove away really fast before they got my license plate number.
Lisa: That sounds like you had a good day dad.
Homer: Yeah, but then I forgot to go to work.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/healthy-living/dumbest-facebook-post-ever-170100535.html

Jan. 6 Funny dance: Angela Trimbur filmed herself dancing to her ipod's song.  It's called "Telephone" by the Black Angels.  She's dancing in an airport because she was feeling down that she didn't get to see her family on the holidays. 

Her dancing is all light and fun.  There's lot of energy and enthusiasm, and I like how she acts out to the song.  A lot of people at the airport are uninterested.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/girl-boogies-los-angeles-airport-222130739.html

Jan. 9 Christmas party: I went to my work's Christmas party over the weekend.  It was fun.  Good food like salmon and roast beef.  There was a draw for lots of prizes, but I didn't win anything.  That's okay.

World Vision: I went to West Ed mall and there was a World Vision exhibit they were holding.  It was to create awareness about the poverty in countries like Africa.  You walk around the place and it's like huts.  There were these signs about how there are hundreds of thousands of orphans because their parents died of AIDS.

The visitors like me get to wear these MP3 players and a person is talking about how it's like living in Africa.  Some signs said that there are 200,000 people who live on less than $2/ day.

I already know that already.  You can write down notes on a piece of paper and tack it up on the wall there.  I said to donate to these charities:

www.unicef.ca
www.womenforwomeninternational.org
http://www.worldvision.ca/

Julianne Hough: I was reading the Edmonton Journal and it talked about this Cosmopolitan interview with the Dancing with the Stars professional dancer Julianne Hough.  She was also the lead female in the movie Footloose.

She's filming Safe Haven, and she talks about the abuse she experienced when she was living in the UK.  She was the Italia Conti Academy of Arts, and was away from her parents.

JH: While I was in London, I was abused, mentally, physically, everything.  I was 10 yrs old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer.  I was a tormented little kid who had to put on this sexy facade because that was my job and my life.  but my heart was the same, and I was this innocent little girl.  I wanted so much love.

When I started hitting puberty, when I started becoming a woman and stopped being a little girl, I was told if I ever went back to the United States, three things were going to happen.  One: I was going to amount to nothing.  Two: I was going to work at Whataburger.  And three: I was going to end up a slut.  So, it was like, I can't go back.  I have to be this person.

Jan. 10 Good news: I found this story on Yahoo.  A man falls onto the Toronto subway tracks, and good Samaritans save him and he only got a cut on his hand.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bystanders-save-man-fell-onto-toronto-subway-tracks-174623085.html

Jan. 11 Online dating: Here's something I haven't wrote about in a long time.  I did some research on match.com and lavalife.com.  It costs money to subscribe.  There are a couple of free online dating sites I know of.

Whenever I watch a TV show, and I see a character doing online dating, I'm like: "Yeah."  There was one of Lynette from Desperate Housewives90210 did it.  Annie and Dixon get their mom Debbie to do online dating.  It was both 40 something yr old women after a divorce/ separation.

Shopping:
Yesterday I was supposed to go to Calgary, but there's this big winter storm, so we won't be going.  I'm a little disappointed, but I'm over it.  I still have 2 days off. 

On Sun. I did go shopping at West Ed mall.  The store Del Sol closed down.  It was right by the Water Park and it sold t-shirts among other things.  The shoe store Stone Ridge closed down.  Or it could have moved to another location.

The Royal Fork Buffet on Stony Plain road closed down.

Jan. 12: Deluxe Burger Bar is closed down on Bourbon Street.  Stone Ridge shoe store has been replaced with The Running Room that will open later.

No comments: