Sunday, January 6, 2013

educational jobs/ reassessment/ platinum marketing scam

Dec. 27 Educational jobs: I was going through my notes and I wrote down a couple of careers.

Vocational instructor:
I Google "How to be a vocational instructor in Alberta?"  Here's the definition:

"College, technical and vocational instructors provide instruction to adults in a wide variety of subject areas including vocational, technical, business or services training, trades, academic upgrading, university transfer courses and university degree program courses."

It says you need at least 2 yrs education.  Read further, it says you need a Bachelor's degree in education, or be an expert in what you're teaching.  It did mention a college program at NAIT called Becoming a Master Instructor.  It's a certificate.

NAIT:
http://www.nait.ca/program_home_16569.htm

OCC info: http://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/content/requestaction.asp?aspaction=gethtmlprofile&format=html&occpro_id=71002393
Educational counselor:
I Google "How to be an educational counselor in Alberta?"  It says at least 6 yrs in education/ training.  You need a masters degree.  I think I did some research on this already when I wanted to see what it takes to be a guidance counselor.

"Job openings: turnover plus new jobs due to above average growth in occupation in Alberta 2012-2016." 

http://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/content/requestaction.asp?aspaction=gethtmlprofile&format=html&occpro_id=71002441

Macroeconomics:
Also in my notes, I was to research this word.  Dictionary.com says:

"The
branch of
economics dealing with the broad and general aspects of an economy, as the relationship between the income and investments of a country as a whole."

I Google "macroeconomic jobs", but it only leads me to teaching macroeconomics at colleges:
http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/q-macroeconomics

I found a Forbes article that says "tax cuts don't create jobs."  Here it is: 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2011/07/11/can-macroeconomics-cure-the-jobs-problem/

Organizational behavior:
I have this on my notes.  On Wikipedia, this is the definition:

"...is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups and structures have on behavior within an organization. It is an interdisciplinary field that includes sociology, psychology, communication, and management; and it complements the academic studies of organizational theory (which is focused on organizational and intra-organizational topics) and human resource studies (which is more applied and business-oriented). It may also be referred to as organizational studies or organizational science."

It then goes into ethics with this part: "...organizational studies seek to control, predict, and explain. There is some controversy over the ethics of controlling workers' behavior, as well as the manner in which workers are treated." 

If you control people's behavior in a good way like reward them with more money and flexible schedules, they will stay in the company and be more productive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_behavior

Dec. 28 Reassessment: On Dec. 24, I read my 24 horoscope.  It said this: "Take time from your busy schedule to make a resolution; no need to wait until New Year.  Now's a perfect time to design your career's future."

I was also reading the National Post business section.  An article discussed how we should reassess our careers every so often instead of once a year.  It could be like weekly, biweekly, or monthly.

Job: It was really busy at work today.  I was looking for a job on the internet, and there are a lot of job ads up.  Looks like it's back to normal.

Dec. 31: It's been really busy since Christmas.  New Year's Eve and I was running around at the restaurant.

Lesson: I did learn that this worker who worked here, and then quit to work at another restaurant, hated the new restaurant.  Now he's back here again, but working at another department.  I don't know if he likes the new department more though.

My friend who also got a new job who has worked there for a couple of weeks, doesn't like it.  Something about the manager being too nitpicking with how she sweeps the floor and other things.  At least she still has this job.

The lesson is: Don't burn your bridges, because you may have to come back to work.

The Simpsons: It's kind of like that time Homer quit the power plant and he burned the bridge behind him.  He gets a job at a bowling alley.  Then Marge is pregnant with Maggie, and the Homer has to go back to work at the power plant.

Jan. 2: Yesterday at work was steady.  Today was crazy busy.  We had to get extra people to work.  I did get a lot of tips.  I'm really stressed out, so I'm looking for a job on the internet to calm me down.

Jan. 3 Job interview: Today I went to a job interview for this company.  I got there on time.  They had questions, and they written my answers down.  I remember reading a business article about bad interviews given by the interviewers like not writing down answers.

The only problem was that I misheard what she said the company's name was on the phone.  I then Google the wrong name and didn't get any website.  I went to the interview and then saw the company's name was different.  When they asked what I knew about the company, I told them the truth that I misheard them over the phone.  They were nice about it.  I was honest.

I have done lots of interviews before, and when they ask what I know about the company, I always read them my notes.  I always say: "I went to your website and it says...."

After that I took the bus to work to get a form.  I was already halfway there after the interview.  I only had to wait a few min. for the bus so that's good.

Platinum marketing scam: I was looking for a job and I found this ad for Platinum Marketing.  I had gotten a call from them back in 2011.  I then Google "Is Platinum Marketing a scam?"

I found this website called Ripoff Report.  Here's this article by David from Redlands, California.  He goes on about how it was getting 100 names on it.  Read on.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/sales-people/platinum-marketing-i/platinum-marketing-internation-n879d.htm

The above was from the US, so I went on Yahoo Canada, and they say it is:

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110128152433AAFg0oo

1 comment:

fashion-design-course.com said...

People often associate education with teaching. If you're one of those who think education jobs are all focused on teaching, then you're absolutely wrong. They go far beyond the teaching and learning process inside the classroom.