Friday, February 3, 2012

The Vertex Fighter/ missing kids/ The Help

Jan. 27 The Vertex Fighter:

Producers:

Jonathan Joffe: The producer Jonathan Joffe has added me on LinkedIn. I added him a couple of months ago. I had emailed him, reminding him that we had contacted each other before. In 2009, I emailed my script pitch to him. He wanted to read the script, he read it, and rejected it.

Two years later, I added him on LinkedIn and reminded him of The Vertex Fighter. I was really happy about him adding me on LinkedIn.

Jan. 30 John Kerr: I pitched to him my new script Rain, but he said he was too busy. However, he did send me these 3 documents. One was about pitching, one was about theme, character, story. The last one was "The Top 10 Essential Script Questions."

The first question was "Do I like it?" There are subsequent questions to it like: "Does it make me feel anything?" Yes.

"Do I care enough to champion it for years?"
Yes, I have proven that by pitching The Vertex Fighter since 2008.

Actor: I thought of one of my favorite singer/actor Kyle Riabko in The Vertex Fighter. I can see him in the club. On my www.badcb.blogspot.com post called "coincidence/ crazy news/ writing" (Oct. 4,2010), I wrote about him:

"Kyle Riabko: I was going to quit watching 90210, but yesterday I had free time. It's a good thing I tuned in because one of my favorite singers Kyle Riabko was on. I forgot he was on."

A blog comment from Anna said: "Check out Kyle's new film 'Rising Stars' coming to GrandRapids, Tulsa & Nashville on Friday!! http://bit.ly/StaRZ "

Feb. 1 Law of Attraction: I was thinking about The Secret again about the law of attraction. My sister gave me her old Cosmopolitan magazines, and there was an interview with this CEO talking about focusing on getting what you want. The CEO said about before going to sleep, take 90 secs to imagine what you want.

I imagined being on the set of The Vertex Fighter. Cut the club the Vertex.

I can see Graham Wardle (Heartland) as the lead. The brother Craig Olejnik (The Listener) is there. Aaron Douglas (The Bridge) and Kit Cope (real MMA fighter) there. I see singer/ actress Cory Lee there.

Just by imagining it, I am able to focus on the first choice actors of the five main characters.

Video: John Kerr has a Vimeo account where you can watch his work. I saw this one "Indy 500 on ABC Opening Tease (2010)." It features Nascar drivers like Danica Patrick.

http://vimeo.com/23982111

Death: I read that (Backstreet Boy) Nick and Aaron Carter's sister Leslie has passed away. You may have remembered Leslie tried to start her singing career in 1999 with a song called "Like Wow." I remember the title, but not the song. It was on the Shrek soundtrack.

She's actually a mom. She had a daughter last year. She was 25. I read some Yahoo comments and people were wishing their condolences.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nick-aaron-carters-sister-leslie-dead-25-042323354.html

Feb. 3 Gnocchi: Yesterday I tried gnocchi. I have never heard of it before. It's a pasta. It doesn't really taste like anything. The cook told me it's spelled like gnoki and the g is silent. I asked my sister and she says it's spelled like gnocchi. She's right. Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnocchi

Robin Thicke: I was watching Pop Up Video and they showed Usher's feat. Young Jeezy video "Love in this Club." I haven't seen it in a few yrs. They pointed out other big music stars like P. Diddy and Kanye West making cameos. Then they pointed out Robin Thicke in it playing the piano.

Here's the video, and RT is in the 4:30 sec mark. When I saw him, I squealed with excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5e0zHRzHc

Missing kids: I was watching 20/20 back in June 2011. They talked to 2 missing girls who were found.

Misty: They interviewed Misty Sanchez who is an 8 yr old. She ran 1 block ahead of her brother. A Man comes from a van with a cane. He kidnaps her. Later he left his keys in the car and she found the key. She ran out and a passing truck driver found her. The same day she was kidnapped, she went home.

Misty helped catch a child molester. He has died in prison. They talk to her now as she's 18 yrs old. After she was rescued, she ignored what happened. She got into substance abuse, and got into a near fatal accident. She is working full-time, and volunteers for a charity about child safety.

Misty: Time heals all wounds. Overcome your obstacles.

Janet: They interviewed Janet Tomaya. (I'm not quite sure about the last name. I Googled it, and couldn't find the link.) She was in her house. In a neighbor's security camera showed a Man coming into her house and kidnap her. She was 9 yrs old and watched Cops and CSI: NY. She gained his trust by by talking to him and got to call for pizza. She remembers his phone number.

She watches TV with him and someone on TV talked about asthma. She says she has asthma and needs her medication, or she will die. He lets her go and she went into a store. 1hr after being released, Janet led the cops to the house.

Janet is now 18yrs old. She writes in her diary in invisible ink. She buys stuffed animals and guardian angels. She has agoraphobia (fear of open spaces.) At 15 yrs old she started therapy. She wants to be a wedding planer or a makeup artist.

Janet and Misty met each other through 20/20. Host shows Misty the picture of her dad carrying her home after she's been rescued. She cries and I got teary-eyed.

Janet: If you put you problems in a circle and you put it with other people's, you will be glad you can pick yours up.

Jaycee Dugard: 20/20 did talk a bit about the kidnapping survivor Jaycee Dugard. She has created a charity called JAYC. It stands for Just Ask Yourself to Care. It's animal therapy like horses. Check it out:

http://thejaycfoundation.org/

The Help: This was also on the same 20/20 episode. I had written about the segment about the- book- into- a -movie The Help. I looked it up on my blog, but I couldn't find the post. Anyway, it was about how black maids were working for white families, and the maids were the ones raising the children.

They talked to this white woman Ivy who says the black maid Dorothy raised her. 20/20 talks to Dorothy at Central Park about working as a maid. Without prompting, Dorothy stars talking about Ivy. Dorothy was surprised by Ivy visiting her at the park.

Ivy predicted that Dorothy will say "Oh my gosh" and cover her mouth. Dorothy did just that. Ivy bout an angel necklace for Dorothy.

Ivy: You're my angel.
Dorothy: You're my angel too.

No comments: