Monday, February 13, 2012

joke/ Jeannie Ortega/ Whitney Houston

Feb. 6 Joke: I got this from Daily Silly:

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper "Please wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.

The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."

Me: I thought it was stupid for the man. He should have said: "Let's stop this. We are both being stubborn for a long enough time already. Let's forget all about this." Then he can ask for her to wake him up at 5am. He really should have set his alarm clock. Unless he can't wake up by himself at that early of a time.

It's also about prioritizing. Making sure you get the flight on time or winning a fight with your wife?

Feb. 10 Channing Tatum: I was watching Saturday Night Live, and Channing Tatum was hosting. In his monologue, he discussed about how before he got into acting, he was a stripper.

CT: There a couple of rules. Rule #1.
Me: No touching.

CT: No touching. I can touch you, but you can't touch me. Rule #2, for my safety, I have a security guard.
Keenan Thompson is on stage.

CT: Rule #3, tips are appreciated. I'm putting myself through nursing school.
The audience laughs.

Then CT starts recognizing the people in the audience who used to see him strip. (It's really SNL actors.)

CT: Leslie?
Leslie: No.

Then CT recognizes a Man.
Man: No.
CT: Oh, you don't remember this?
CT dances a bit, stripper moves. Then CT rips open his button down shirt.
CT: What happened?

Cut to Man is dead. A Doctor is there.
Doctor: He's dead. But he died of happiness.
CT: Dr. Matthew?
Doctor: No.
Doctor leaves.

Feb. 11: There was sketch where it's held at a male strip club. The joke was mainly Jason Sudeikis being the strip club DJ.

DJ: Well we have a bachelorette party here.
Cut to 3 Asian women sitting there. They are conservatively dressed and their faces are straight.

lol. I guess it was funny because they seem so out of place; they're the last people to come to a strip club. They also didn't look happy to be there.

My sister and I predicted SNL was going to make fun of the movie Step Up. but they didn't. Instead they did have CT do some dancing for this Bar Mitzvah sketch.

Job joke: I got this from Daily Silly.

The Boss of our small company was complaining during a staff meeting that people didn't respect him enough. Trying to change the attitude in the office he came in the next day with a sign for his door it said, I am the boss. One of the employees apparently not appreciating the change posted a post-a-note on the sign it said, "your wife wants her sign back."

The Simpsons: Last week, I was watching The Vampire Diaries and there were all these coffins. My little brother saw it.

P: "Kill my boss? Do I dare live the American dream?"
Me: What?
P: It was from The Simpsons. The Halloween episode where Homer has to kill Mr. Burns because he was the head vampire.
Me: Oh yeah.

Jeannie Ortega: Today I was looking for a job and listening to the girl group Dream. They came out in early 2000s and you may have heard of their song "He Loves U Not." I was on iTunes and it said that people who bought this cd, they also bought Jeannie Ortega. So I looked her up on Youtube and found the song "Crowded":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ezybNIO8Fk

As soon as I started hearing it, I was like: "Oh yeah! I've heard of this song before a few years ago on the radio. I really liked it because I could dance to it." So I was listening to more of her R&B songs. Then I found this where she's on TBN.

It's a religious show and she talks about being raised in NY. She talks about how she found God after she was dropped from her record label, how she was engaged, and then lost her fiance, her family broke up. After she found God, started going to church again, she is much happier. It was inspirational, even though I'm not really religious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aedz161Q-c&feature=related

Feb. 12 Whitney Houston: I'm sure all of you heard about the singer/ actress Whitney Houston has passed away yesterday. I was on the computer and my little brother said that to me. I then looked it up and she was 48 yrs old.

I remember watching The Bodyguard on TV when I was a kid. I think the first half. Then I was older and I saw the second half. I think it was average. I do love the song "I Will Always Love You." Who doesn't like that song?

I do like that duet she did with the Canadian singer Deborah Cox called "Same Script, Different Cast." I also like her song "Heartbreak Hotel" feat. Kelly Price and Faith Evans. I also like her dance song "It's Not Right, but it's Okay."

Feb. 13 Love Day: Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so Happy Love Day! It was from The Simpsons.

No comments: