Friday, October 7, 2011

Post Secret/ headlines/ Steve Jobs

Oct. 2 Post Secret:

"This movie is the only reason I haven't given up."

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg1c47wK96HhUCPQOBdp1l6YvB7IwhOtucAg5NdLbjICsl91zXGW7UnLi_ESxGwuirbkIZ70qENy41LAuxqZiDLu7WMtrPGC_PnVMqLC_AyXGZDIIOOZ1dy2WBVHF-5Jmjfw7YAbz7L7vM/s1600/sunshine.jpg

Me: I don't know what movie it's from, but I do want to inspire people with my writing.

"I am resentful towards Breast Cancer Awareness. More children are diagnosed with cancer and die because of it. It's underfunded and deserves more funding and awareness."

Me: I agree. Breast Cancer charity gets the most donations and attention than the other cancers. By having your post card up, more people will donate to kids.

"Being an English major has helped me battle depression better than my therapist has."

Me: That's good to do what makes you happy.

"I faked being pregnant and engaged to keep you from being kicked out of the United States Navy."

Me: So the Navy would say: "We can't kick him out because he has a wife and a kid on the way?"

"My sister lied about being raped to hide the shame of being a 20 yr old virgin."

Email: I am a week away from being a 21 year old virgin and could not me more proud. I hope your sister has reached that same level of pride.

Me: I don't know why you should be ashamed of being a virgin.

"As a Roman Catholic priest, I hear a lot of secrets. Some of them are lurid, others boring or funny, sometimes scary. You would be amazed... Everyone goes home forgiven and has a kind of peace. Thanks God for letting me do this."

Me: That's like last week's ep of Desperate Housewives. Carlos was to see this certain priest, but a younger new guy was there. The priest talked about how he loves this job.

There's a picture of a dog with this neck brace. The neck brace was drawn on: "We decorated it so maybe he'd enjoy wearing it."

There's a picture of a dog with a neck brace, not drawn on: "Wish I had thought it."

Rant: Here's one from Post Secret:

"Sometimes I wish that my gorgeous, autistic daughter was ugly. Too many pervs out there."

Me: I know what you mean. It reminds me of this time my ex-boyfriend told me that he knows a guy who was "dating" a young woman with Down Syndrome. It sounds like this guy was just using her for sex. This guy is of average intelligence and he was "dating" her.

Is there anyone here who would date someone who is mentally retarded? Seriously. I don't care if someone is dating a guy in a wheel chair or a blind woman, as long as they are of normal intelligence. The examples I gave, they are physically handicapped, not mentally handicapped. If you are dating someone who is mentally retarded, it's like you're taking advantage of this person. It's okay if mentally disabled people date one another.

Or maybe my ex-boyfriend made it up, and I'm getting mad over nothing. That's why I broke up with him. He makes this long joke about something that's not even funny. Like how there are 5 mentally retarded men, and one of them raped and murdered a woman. But since no one can figure out who did it, the court got all 5 men executed.

There was no trial at all. He went like this for 10 min. and I was asking why there wasn't a trial or evidence. Excuse me is there anyone here who thought the above joke was funny? I thought that wasn't funny at all.

Dateline: While I'm at it, I'll throw that 35 yr old guy who was "dating" a 12 yr old girl. Even if the girl wasn't mentally handicapped, he was taking advantage of her. Can you imagine the two of them out on a date at a restaurant? No, because it's not acceptable at all.

Just like how a regular guy is out "dating" with a mentally handicapped woman.

Empathy: By dealing with my ex-boyfriend's stupidity and humor, I was able to understand why my sister gets so frustrated by my stupidity and humor. Except, I can justify my actions to my sister.

Like that time I told her the "My cat committed suicide" joke. She didn't find that funny at all, but I know for sure 1 person thought it was really funny. It was from the boy band Blue. The member Lee was serious about his cat, and the member Antony burst out laughing at it. Antony and I thought it was funny, so it was justified.

My ex-boyfriend's stupidity was he was talking to someone and that person said to him: "Surely, there's nothing wrong with it."

Ex-boyfriend: Don't call me Shirley.

I had to explain to him to what it was. Then I think I read somewhere, there's a line like this in a movie with Leslie Nielson or something. I'm not really going to look it up.

Retire by 43: I found this article on Yahoo where a couple managed to retire by 43. They rent their house, shop on a grocery list, when they vacation they don't go too far.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-Tips-From-Early-usnews-1623112451.html?x=0?&mod=pf-sp14b

Oct. 5 Headlines:

Taco Trauma: Man angered by burrito price opens fire: I got this from 24. A man who went to Taco Bell was angry when the price for burritos went from 99 cents to $1.49. He fired a BB gun at the manager in St. Petersburgh Florida. No one was hurt, and the manager called the police.

The man shot at the police. He hid in a motel room and there was a standoff. The police threw tear gas and the man surrendered. Remember the other headline of a woman falsely accusing her daughter of being a suicide bomber so she won't be able to get on a plane and fly away? I thought the mom was overreacting, but this man was overreacting.

Nudes Flash Alleged fugitive falls through ceiling: A Mississippi woman Keleigh Townsend was at her home. A naked man fell through the ceiling and asks for clothes. According to Hattiesburg American, the man Patrick Williams was a wanted fugitive and hid in the crawl space.

Townsend calls the police and Williams was arrested for not reporting his probation officer.

"Read 'em and weep": A bus driver in Portland, Oregon was fired for reading an ebook while driving. All Headline News reported that a passenger took a cell phone video of it.

"Is Coco coo-coo?": There is a piglet in England that thinks it's a dog. His name is Coco and he's 4 months old. He was given to an animal shelter and he paired up with a German shepherd named Jay. Coco walks on a leash, fetches sticks and stands guard at the animal shelter says Orange News.

"Hope for Humanity": A university professor in Sweden, his laptop was stolen. About a week later, a USB key containing all his files was sent to his home. The professor was really happy that he got all his files back: "I am very happy. This story makes me feel hope for humanity."

I do want to say, you should save all your files on a USB key or a hard drive. Or in my case 3.5 floppy disks. In case your computer crashes or is stolen, you have it saved onto other things.

Sign: There are anti-Wall Street protests. Emily McArthur holds up a sign: "I can't afford my own politician so I made this sign." I thought it was kind of quirky.

Oct. 7 Steve Jobs: So the other day I was listening to the radio and the DJ said that Steve Jobs passed away. I was like: "What?" I then went and tuned into CNN to see if they're covering it. That's my habit I got from my brother. When he reads some big news on the internet, he has to go to CNN. I go to it, and they're talking about it.

My sister had come home, and she turned around and saw the headline. I don't own anything by Apple, but he has changed computers, phones, and how we listen to music. CNN reporters talked about how he had done so much in a really short time.

I read an article on Yahoo prior to his death, that iPods came out in 2001, and now it's being replaced by iPads and iPhones.

No comments: