Monday, October 24, 2011

blog/ Braindamadj'd/ Once Upon a Time

Oct. 22 Blog: When I first created my blog in Jan. 2008, it was for my computer class in college. I wrote a few posts for the assignment and that was it. A few months later I read that Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody had a blog and was discovered by it, and that lead her to write Juno. I need to brainstorm ways to get my writing career going.

I went to my friend Jessica's blog a long time ago. She isn't looking for people to come and read her blog. I did like how she made a video "Dating ad from Earth." What if Earth was a real person and she is looking for love? The video was creative, fun, and quirky. I noticed Earth wore blue and green like the planet.

I then thought: "Hey, I should put a video of my dancing" like a lot of people on Youtube do already. Then I thought: "Well people might like your dancing, and they may not. There may be comments dissing you." That's fine. But it's not related to writing. What if I read my blog posts to a camera and put it up on the internet? I have to borrow a camera from a friend then.

Now I thought of LinkedIn. I have a profile there, but there isn't much on it. I should put more on it like a link to my The Vertex Fighter blog. I will be more likely to be discovered. For the past 4 yrs, I'm the one who's been looking for production companies to pitch to.

Oct. 23 Vlog: A "vlog" is a video blog. Though I'm sure you know reading out loud takes longer than reading silently. You may be surfing the internet as you hear me speak my blog posts. I'll stick with a regular blog.

Braindamadj'd: I was on the internet looking for production companies to pitch my script to, and I found this show called Braindamadj'd. It's a crazy, remarkable, and true story. Here's the synopsis:

"Ten years ago, Montrealer Paul Nadler at 30 was a creative maverick - snowboarding, rock-climbing and scuba diving, taking part in all-night play-writing sessions, attracting women, and winning awards as a hip television director and producer. Then he was found alone on a road in Egypt, without clothes and I.D., comatose in the hot sun after a car accident. He had been left for dead. The doctors said he would never recover from TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury."

I watched him talk and behave. It was interesting because he said that the only good thing out of the accident was that he got this really deep, and evil laugh. If you hear it, it does sound evil. It's good he still has a sense of humor.

http://braind.apartment11.tv/

Quora: I got this article through my blog:

Hi Tracy,

We would love to share with you an article that we just posted on our own blog! “20 Ways Colleges Should Be Using Quora” (http://www.bestcollegesonline.com/blog/2011/10/12/20-ways-colleges-should-be-using-quora/) would be an interesting story for your readers to check out and discuss on your blog.

Either way, I hope you continue putting out great content through your blog. It has been a sincere pleasure to read.

Thanks!
Tim Handorf

I have never heard of Quora before. It's like a question-and-answer site. You can network, and get correct information from experts.

Oct. 24 Once Upon a Time: This show is about how fairy tales are real. The characters are from a fairy tale. They are cursed and then transported into the real world, and they don't know they are characters. It's very interesting, I recommend you watch it. I saw the pilot last night and I was really impressed.

It stars Jennifer Morrison who plays Emma Swan. Emma goes on a date with this guy she met online. They're at a fancy restaurant, and they're guessing things about each other.

Emma: Let me guess, you're a handsome, charming, man who embezzled money from his company. Your wife bailed you out.
Man: Who are you?
E: I'm a bails bond hunter.
Man throws the table over and he runs to his car.

E gets up and speed walks after him in her heels.
Man's car won't start.
Man: If you let me go, I'll give you money.
E: You don't have any money. Even if you do, you should be giving that to your wife.

That was a really good plot twist, and it was very original. I didn't predict that at all.

E goes home and a little 10 yr old boy arrives at her door. His name is Henry and says: "I'm your son. You gave me up for adoption 10 yrs ago."

Cut to a flashback of the fairytale world. The Evil Queen (played by Lana Parilla) threatens Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) and Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin from the TV show Big Love) that she will put a curse on them. Snow White is scared, so she and Prince Charming go to a prison to see Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle).

Rumpelstiltskin can not be trusted. SW is pregnant and R says the baby will end the curse that the Evil Queen cast.

R: You have to tell me what the baby's name is.
SW: Emma.

Cut back to the real world. Emma decides to drive Henry home to his hometown called Storybrooke, Maine. During the drive, H tells the premise of the series.

Henry: None of the Fairytale characters know they are characters.

They get to town, and it turns out H's adoptive mom is the mayor of Storybrooke. The adoptive mom is actually the Evil Queen from the Fairytale. E and the adoptive mom get to know each other. E then drives home and sees a wolf in the highway. She crashes her car into the town sign.

E wakes up in jail. The Mayor comes in saying her son H has run away again. They go to H's school, and it turns out the teacher Mary is Snow White from the Fairytale.

Mary: Stories give you hope, and the power of the possibility of a happy ending.

Cut to Fairytale world. The curse is coming and the carpenter had built a wardrobe for SW to hide in to protect her and her unborn child. However, SW goes into labor and can't move from her bed to get into the wardrobe. She gives birth and she and PC decided to put the baby Emma into the wardrobe.

PC takes the baby and puts it into the wardrobe. PC fights off the bad knights and he gets stabbed and dies. The knight opens the wardrobe and the baby is gone.

Cut to the real world. Emma found Henry.

E: I was given up for adoption too. I was abandoned on the freeway and was in foster homes until I was three. I was adopted by a family that had kids of their own.
H: The freeway is where you came through from the fairytale. Please stay in this town for a week.

PC is a man in a coma in the hospital. Figures since he died in the fairytale, he wouldn't really be an active character in the show. At least for the pilot.

E goes to Granny's Bed and Breakfast Inn. It's Grandma and Little Red Riding Hood (played by Canadian actress Meghan Ory. She was on a TV show called Vampire High.) It's funny because LRR then puts on a red scarf on her head. Rumpelstiltskin is now Mr. Gold in the real world. Granny tells E that Mr. Gold owns the town.He asks E what her name is and now knows she is the baby of Snow White.

No comments: