Friday, October 14, 2011

job interview/ spooky headlines/ pandas

Oct. 12 Job interview: Today is my day off so I went to a job interview, and it wasn't for an office. It was for a new restaurant that hasn't opened yet. Last summer I had submitted resumes to Fat Burger and Press'd Sandwiches before they opened, but I didn't go to the interviews because I had gotten a job somewhere else.

The interview was okay. I don't think I really impressed the interviewer. She seemed to be looking for full-time people, but there may be a lot of part-time applicants. I heard that 80% of all restaurants close down within the first 2 yrs. This may not have good job security so that's why I want to keep my job while having a second one. A lot of employees at my work have a 2nd job.

What We Did That Night: I want to make a correction. I was talking about a TV movie called What Happened that Night, but the real title is What We Did That Night. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170801/

Microbusiness Training Centre: I got an automatic email from them, and I called them so I could attend their information session so I could open my TV production company. They said they don't have the sessions anymore, but will have them set up in a couple of months and will call.

Spooky headlines: It's getting close to Halloween. I got this from the Globe and Mail last year:

"Renovation goes wrong": "A family abandoned their bathroom fearing it had been possessed by the devil after an image of Satan appeared overnight-in a tile" reports Orange News UK. Laszlo Csrefko was renovating his bathroom in Bekasmegyer, Budapest. His wife Andrea took a shower, and then saw the horned head of the devil in one of the tiles. They can't clean it off and it wasn't there when they put the tiles. It appeared overnight and they can't move it.

The room is always cold, even when they turn the heat up. They stopped using the bathroom and are planning to get an exorcist for help. If it doesn't help, they'll never use the room again.

Oct. 13 Creepy: I got this from the Edmonton Journal.

According to Detroit News, Matt Olivarez is 27 yrs old, and from Redford township. Michigan. His family had a 10 yr old rottweiler named Mia. They had to feed the dog by hand because she can't walk. Olivarez decided to put the dog down. He took her to the Westcott Veterinary Care Centre in Detroit and the shot was administered.

He took Mia back to the garage and laid her on a pile of hay. He will bury it in the backyard. Cut to the next morning, Mia's body was gone. He turned around and saw Mia standing there and staring at him. He thought he was in a Stephen King novel.

Westcott officials speculated that the dose that Mia got wasn't strong enough to put her down. The euthanasia fee will be refunded. He is looking for someone else to take care of the dog because he doesn't think he can put down his dog the second time.

Headlines: I ran out of regular headlines I clipped from the newspaper. Looks like I typed it all up. I was watching Jay Leno earlier this week and here are some of his.

JL read a TV guide description of the movie The Prince and Me: "A premed student falls in love with a danish." Or was it "Danish"? Someone falling in love with a pastry. lol. I do like that movie. She falls in love with a Danish prince. It stars Julia Stiles and Luke Mably.

Panda commercial: I was watching this commercial last week. Cut to a couple talking about what they want for dinner. A panda appears in the living room and is selling microwaveable Chinese dinner. My sister was there.

S: They need a cuter panda.
Me: I thought the panda was going to have a Chinese accent.
S: That would be racist.

lol. That does remind me of a joke from Futurama. There's a Chinese New Year Parade, and there's a Chinese dragon dance. The dragon costume was blown off, and it's a huge centipede that was wearing the costume.

Centipede (in Chinese accent): Hey what is this? The Year of the Jerk?

Pandas: I was watching Chinese TV news a few months ago. Well my grandma was watching it and I saw this part of this Chinese scientist talking about pandas. He was playing with this baby panda by feeding him milk through a bottle, and playing with him like he's a human baby. It was so cute. Aww..

Funny bears: I was watching Jay Leno last night.

JL: Yesterday was "Bring your bear to work day." I thought it was "Wear your bear to work today." I was so embarrassed yesterday.
There was a little laughter.

Let's analyze this: JL should have showed it, instead of telling it. They should show JL coming to work wearing a bear costume and the other office workers say: "It's bring your bear to work day" and hold up their bears.

I saw this kind of joke on Tosh.O and it worked better. There was a Video Redemption segment. Cut to a clip of a guy dressed up as a knight and fighting in the woods.

Cut to Daniel Tosh wearing a bear costume with this cute, smiling face.

DT: Hey, I'm in costume.
Guy: You're wearing the wrong costume.
DT: What? I'm wearing the wrong costume? Oh, I feel so embarrassed.
DT puts his paws on his eyes and shakes his head. It was so cute with a bear acting embarrassed.

Sitcom reviews: My sister loves sitcoms, so I watched a couple of them with her recently. I'm not really a fan of sitcoms; I'm more into dramas.

Happy Endings: It stars Canadian actress Elisha Cuthbert. It's about a group of friends. It was well- shot and kind of funny. I was watching the season 2 premiere.

New Girl: It stars Zooey Deschanel. It's about a girl who moves in with 3 guys. I immediately thought of the other comedy show called About a Girl which is about a girl who moves in with 4 guys. It had 1 season and came out in 2007. It was on the N, a kids network.

Back to New Girl. I thought it was kind of funny, funnier than Happy Endings. The episode was called "Wedding" where they all go to a wedding between an interracial marriage of an Asian man and a white woman. It stars Max Greenfield. I saw a bit of him the week before when my sister was watching it. I thought he looked familiar, but I don't know where.

About 30 min later, I remembered he was Deputy Leo on Veronica Mars. Katie Cassidy (Gossip Girl) also guest- starred. At first my sister and I didn't recognize her, but after watching it a bit more, we both recognized her. This is the first TV show to get picked up for a full season. I do recommend you watch it, because it is funny.

Oct. 14 Script pitch: Someone emailed me asking to read my The Vertex Fighter script. I then emailed it to him. I really needed this. I haven't sent my script out to anyone in some months due to my job search.

5 comments:

Shuaib Ahmed said...

Wow! i never imagined using an actual fruit to flavour a curry i would need some level of conviencing about the taste though but since i am an visit this site right here experimental person i would not mind trying that

Shuaib Ahmed said...

I don’t understand the language but all I can say when it comes to music, collection, compiling, listening resources, I am into it deeply. Thanks for sharing the discography.

tes said...

Well said, My guess is you're either a poet or a novelist too. You expressed yourself beautifully. click here to read and I think this additional info will be needed for making the cheat sheets.

Jimy said...

I was really suffering through these difficulties but then I got to see a post on discover this info here platform which really solved me problem.Thank you so much.

Shuaib Ahmed said...

O wao this gaming series is really exciting.My find out friends love to play this game and often insists me also to play this.Thanks for sharing.Good one.