Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I got published/ my production company/ comparisons

Oct. 9 I got published: Last week I was writing about literary magazines. I had gotten one short story ("TJ's Story") published last year. This year I got another short story published called "Chase." The same company the Poetry Institute of Canada is going to publish one of my stories again. I am very happy about it. I'm going to say, I needed this.

I had gotten my short story "Purse" rejected by them, so I feel good that my other short story is getting published. "Chase" will be published in the anthology called From Across the River.

Salary: Also the last email was talking about salary. Here's a website where you can determine how much you should be getting paid.

http://monsterca.salary.com/

Post Secret:

"I slept with someone so they wouldn't commit suicide."

Me: I guess that's good to prevent someone from committing suicide. Though it's dark.

A picture of Chris Colfer (he plays the gay kid on Glee): "He cured my mom of her homophobia :)"

Me: That's good.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I can't become a military wife in fear that you will die."

Email: I'm currently serving in Afghanistan and the one thing that keeps the thought of death away, is knowing I need to get home to my wife.

"I am starting to believe true love is only for thin and beautiful women."

Email: Me too. I think it is because I watch too much The Bachelor.

Email: Beautiful and thin women end up attracting the wrong people who waste their time and break their hearts. True love seems much further away.

"I am living proof that your childhood does not have to determine your life!"

"I am afraid that if you stop doing drugs you'll realize you're insane to be with me."

"I attended the wedding of the woman I love, and my wife was sitting next to me."

Then there are secrets where people say they're getting exercise to have better sex and that they found a wedding ring.

My production company: I was going through this Edmonton magazine Frost Fire issue Fall 2007. I see this ad for Microbusiness Training Centre. It can help and train you to start a business. Then I thought: "I'll start my own production company." I emailed them and I'm waiting for their reply.

I'm sure a lot of you guys think: "That's a crazy idea. Why?" Well I've been pitching my script for nearly 4 years to all these production companies in Canada. I've been rejected by all of them. I might as well start my own company and produce this script.

Check out their website: www.microbusiness.ca

Oct. 10: I read the ad and it said that if you have been on EI in the past 3 yrs, I may qualify to get paid while I learn how to make my own business. It also said if I'm under 34 yrs old, I could qualify for business financing through the Canadian Youth Business Foundation. We'll see.

I have never thought to make my own production company until last week. I always thought of getting my script produced through a company or working at a studio.

Saying: I found this on the National Post business section on Sept. 27, 2011. There was a blog written by a recent graduate named Greg Illson. He wrote about getting an MBA and he said: "Sometimes the best way to get out of a rut is to make your own path."

When I was 11 yrs old, I did go to a TV audition and I got rejected. I then thought: "I'll write my own script and give a role for myself." I even remember years later Halle Berry even said that about how there should be more good roles for women, and to write the roles. I was at Deb Green Casting website recently and it said the same thing that HB said.

By creating my own production company, I am creating my own path.

Script pitch: I haven't done this in a few months, but I found some more contacts to pitch my The Vertex Fighter script to.

Oct. 11 Writing: I know I haven't been writing for a long time because I needed a break to get my creative juices flowing. I checked the last time I worked on Rain, and it's been 6 weeks. I am feeling the itch to write my script. If you go through my weekly emails/ blog, I've been busy with my job search instead of writing.

Comparisons: I shall now give you a batch of comparisons to get myself thinking up stories.

Throwing a dead body in the river or lake: It was done on I Know What You Did Last Summer. It was done on Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 where it seems like Buffy may have killed someone. Spike then threw the body in the river. It was done on the TV movie What Happened that Night with one body.

Burying a dead body: It was done on Desperate Housewives season 8 premiere, and What Happened that Night with another body.

Story starts off with ominous note: It was done on I Know What You Did Last Summer. The movie title was the ominous note. It was done on Desperate Housewives pilot and then it appeared again on the season 8 premiere.

Hiding a dead body in the trunk: It was done on Ringer episode 2, and Desperate Housewives season 7 finale. It was done in the old movie Arsenic and Old Lace. I remember watching that when I was in gr.11 for Eng. class.

Finding a dead body in the cement: It was on last night's Castle's ep "Kick the Ballistics" where construction workers are stirring the cement. Then they lift up an arm. It was done on CSI: NY before differently. Construction workers were fighting, one worker drilled into the hardened cement and it started bleeding. There was a dead body in there.

Criminal dies, and when police tell next of kin, the family members are blase about it: In the Castle episode "Heroes and Villains", Det.Kate Beckett tells the rapist's mom that her son is dead. She's like "whatever." It was done on an ep of Rookie Blue season 2 finale "God's Good Grace" where a drug dealer dies. Det. Traci Nash has to tell his 2 sisters about it and they're like "whatever."

Vigilante superhero on cop drama: It was also on Castle's ep "Heroes and Villains" about someone dressing up like a superhero and stopping crime. It was done Rookie Blue season 1 where this young black guy was dressing up a like a superhero to stop crime. But it was funnier and lighter. The cops decide to let him go because he really wanted to be a cop and if he gets arrested, he won't be able to be one.

Cop's badge or uniform stolen: On CSI: NY, Danny's badge was stolen from his locker while he was at the gym. It was done on Rookie Blue where one of Det. Gail Peck's uniform was stolen from her car. The criminals were pretending to be cops. It was kind of done on Prison Break, but the prison escapees needed to pretend to be cops so they could attend this event for fallen police officers.

Character is on cell phone and is being watched. As Character is talking on the phone, they are looking for the person who is also on a cell phone: I saw this on Ringer episode 3 "If you ever want a French Lesson" where Bridget is looking for the hit man who is talking to her on the phone. It was done on Scream 2 where Jamie Kennedy's character is on the cell phone as he's looking around for the killer. His other friends are going around the campus and picking up people's phones to find the killer.

No comments: