Monday, October 31, 2011

job search/ child labor/ charity

Oct. 27 Job search: I called the medical office yesterday to see if I got hired. They didn't return my call. I can assume if they wanted to hire me, they would have called by now. They said to get a call by Mon. of this week, and start at the end of Oct.

I called the postal office yesterday, and they didn't return my call. I can assume they hired someone else. That's fine.

Oct. 29 Jenny Hyun: This is a Korean-American singer/ songwriter. Here's her website, where you can listen to her pop/ dance music: http://www.onlinejenny.com/

It turns out some of her songs have been produced and sang by an Asian girl group called Girl's Generation. I thought that was so cool and inspirational that she's being recognized for her work. I know how that feels when my two short stories got published.

Email:

Hi

I'm Tracy and I have been following your blog here and there since 2001. I have also emailed you from time to time. I just wanted to congratulate you on being recognized for your song writing efforts like "How great is your love (Spring Day)":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOlnLwA3Cc

And "Mistake":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYjOmEyqCg

I was looking for the song on your site to hear you sing it, but it's not here.

Well congrats.

Email:

Thanks Tracy, I really appreciate your message. I'm glad you enjoy my music and thanks for remembering me!

Jenny

Stay motivated: I got this from an Alberta Job Centre newsletter. It's about getting rejected for jobs and to stay motivated is: To network, talk to a career coach, make small goals each day like research 3 companies, etc.

http://www.albertajobcentre.ca/content/index.cfm?objectID=D53F3C4B-2219-80B4-5334E9A1789D7D05&utm_source=Albertajobcentre.ca&utm_campaign=6018f48e9b-AB_Career_Oct_05_1110_5_2011&utm_medium=email

Guerilla job search secrets: This is from Alberta Job Centre too, but I really like this article. Do you remember the Youtube sensation Ted Williams? He was a homeless, black guy who had the voice of a radio station DJ. He got a job that way.

1) Ted got out of the house and met people
2) Ted didn’t use an ordinary resume
3) Ted didn’t interview, he performed
4) Ted kept a positive outlook

http://www.albertajobcentre.ca/content/index.cfm?objectid=9C0414D2-2219-80B4-53DCD13C47716A89

Child labor: I was watching Tropic of Cancer which is a documentary series on BBC World News. They go to Bangdelesh where kids as young as 9 yrs old work at a glass factory. The kids need money. The factory says they like to hire kids, because they're cheap labor, they have nimble fingers, and complain less than adults.

They showed one kid who has his arm burned. There are men there, and they're in their 30s and have worked there since they're kids. They like kids to work there because if the kids don't, they will go out and beg and steal. So work is good.

However, the factory does let the boys leave for a few hours a day to go to this place run by Unicef. The place is for kids to have a free lunch, take a shower, play games, just simply be a kid. So please donate to Unicef, because it's a good charity.

Charity: Yesterday I got a phone call to donate to charity. Well it was for my dad, but since I picked up, I got the spiel. It's to pay to see a show, and the proceeds will go to charity. If you don't go, then the tickets will be donated to less privileged children so they can watch it. I turned them down.

Hungersite: Let's just say I don't have much money to be able to donate. I can only afford to go to www.hungersite.com and click to give free food. There are other charities there to donate by clicking. The sponsors pay for it. You can buy merchandise from the website, and the money will go to charity.

Amnesty International: I also get newsletters from Amnesty International and then I forward it to you guys, and put it up on my blog. It's informative to know what's going on in the world. I also sign petitions because I can't afford to donate money.

Oct. 31 Celebrity philanthropy: What a coincidence, the Globe and Mail are having this week all about charity. There's discussions about celebrities that are philanthropists like Brad Pitt and Angelina donating millions of dollars to help 3rd world countries, Oprah building schools in Africa, and Bill Gates foundation.

There are the average celebrity donors like Nelly Furtado. She performed for Moammar Gaddhaffi and then donated her proceeds to charity. Madonna is kind of eh, when it turns out her brother has been homeless for over a year. I did read that Madonna tried to get him help by signing him into rehab, but it didn't work.

Wasting food: I found this good article on Yahoo about how to not waste food and money. Things like buy less food so it won't spoil, freeze food, etc. The tips are good. One comment was that it was obvious. I would like to mention one tip they forgot: Buy food that won't spoil like canned foods and cereal. It lasts longer.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/15-Ways-to-Stop-Wasting-Money-usnews-4047759464.html?&mod=pf-sp14b

New friend: I made a new friend last week at work. Her name's Shannon, and she and I have the same sense of humor. We both like Summer Heights High, MADtv, and Arrested Development.

Comparisons: I was thinking about that Summer Heights High joke about the kid Jonah who falsely accused dad of touching him to get out English class. My writer's imagination thought of: "What if you can't fake sick or skip class? You can't skip or you'll get detention. You can't fake sick, because you were caught at the mall when you're supposed to be at home. You have to get out of class because there's a big test that's worth 20% of your mark that you didn't really study for. What would you do?"

I have raised the stakes. I thought of maybe starting a fight with another kid, then you can be sent to the office and miss class. But that's a consequence and you may get suspended and/or hurt in the fight. I then thought: "Pull the fire alarm."

Pulling the fire alarm to get out of a test: Then I thought, that's actually been done before. On The Secret World of Alex Mack, in the first season. It was a TV show in the early 90s. This girl pulls the fire alarm, and AM proves it's her. The Girl always wore these silver bangle bracelets, and AM then hung the bracelet on the fire alarm.

It was done on Degrassi. Spinner didn't really study, and his friend Jimmy pulled the fire alarm in the middle of the test to buy S some time to study. It was done again years later on the same show, but Claire puts a stink bomb to prevent a school fight, but it was during exam week.

It was kind of done on The Simpsons where Bart falls in loves with Jessica Lovejoy. J pulls the fire alarm.

Groundskeeper Willy: If I don't save the wee turtles, who will?
GW enters the room. He comes out with the turtles biting on him.
GW: Ah, save me from the wee turtles!
lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog post, The council should try to investigate the explanation behind the fire and illuminate the reason with respect to this fire. I know a portion of the time it happens by regularly and good service of the government should look into genuinely.

Majk said...

If you want to get the idea about the job search or the child labour then there is the great article waiting for you. You can manage your time with https://www.writemypaper.biz/about-us/ and can find the complete session according to your taste.

Choosa said...

A great topic about the child labor and the other area of the education. You have to see the link of https://www.writemyresearchpaper.com/about-us/ to maintain the real voice. Handle the better conditions in this field and maintain your voice with the previous posts.

Baloor said...

A great area about the child labor and the other way of the charity. Just get your goal from this field and enjoy the best time. You can also find the previous posts with https://www.writemythesis.net/how-to-write-engineering-thesis-top-tips/ and can arrange the better time.

Donald C Palmer said...

An excellent subject concerning the kid work and also the additional part of the training. You need to begin to see the hyperlink associated with http://www.biomedicalsciencepersonalstatement.com/medical-physics-personal-statement-help/ to keep the actual tone of voice. Manage the greater problems with this area and gaze after your own tone of voice using the prior articles.