Friday, February 18, 2011

AHMIR/ pros and cons/ abortions

Feb. 15 AHMIR: I found this unsigned R&B group of four black guys called AHMIR. They're really good, I'm impressed. Here they are singing Drake's song "Find your Love":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAaZyKYS_U&feature=related

Here is them singing Far East Movement's feat. Ryan Tedder song "Racketeer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMlNuuOYxA

Rant: I got some rants today.

Sleep: On Sun. I went to bed at 9:30am and got to sleep in an extra hour because I didn't have work. Today I woke up at 1am, and 40 min later I'm still awake. So I listen to music until 3am. I missed out 2hrs of sleep and get up for work.

Job: Today is the first day where I am transferred to work at this other restaurant. I have to learn how they run the place. It's an adjustment. Though you may say: "Don't resist change."

Blog: On Feb. 2, I got this email:

Hi Tracy,

We would love to share with you an article that we just posted on our own blog! “10 Tips for Lowering Your Long Distance Bill”

http://www.landlinephoneservice.net/blog/2011/10-tips-for-lowering-your-long-distance-bill/

would be an interesting story for your readers to check out and discuss on your blog, so we hope you will consider sharing it!

Thanks so much for your time!
Lindsay Willison

On Feb. 7, Lindsay Willison emailed me again about her blog:

Hi Tracy,

We would love to share with you an article that we just posted on our own blog! “7 Different Ways to Answer the Phone” (http://www.landlinephoneservice.net/blog/2011/7-different-ways-to-answer-the-phone/) would be an interesting story for your readers to check out and discuss on your blog, so we hope you will consider sharing it!

Thanks so much for your time!
Lindsay Willison

Feb. 17 Pros and cons: My job has all these changes to it. There are lots of pros and cons and I must focus on the positive.

Con: The cafe closed down.
Pro: I was transferred to another restaurant so I still have a job.

Con: There is no more lunch buffet so I can't get my food.
Pro: I can pack my lunch, and it will force me to eat healthier. There is still the breakfast buffet during the weekdays. On the weekends there's a lunch buffet.

Con: I have to set the tables for the night shifts and it's more complicated because there's more to set up.
Pro: It's good to learn to do something new. Also I think I got the hang of it on the third day.

Con: I make less money in tips.
Pro: Well I don't see any pros in making less money. The past two shifts I was one of the 2 bussers so the tips were split. If I was the only busser, I would get more money. It's mainly who gets scheduled.

The Secret to Teen Power: I read this teen version of the book The Secret. Teen Power was written by Paul Harrington. I remember watching a piece about The Secret on 20/20. It's about the power of positive thinking and the law of attraction. I read it at Chapters during my split shifts at the restaurant.

Think about what you want and you will get it. They said: "If you type into Google: 'Not Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas" than that's exactly what you will get. Instead of saying: "I don't want", say: "I want." You may think: "That's magical thinking." It's important to be positive. The secret to life is to be happy and have fun. It was a fun and easy read.

It kind of talked about the domino effect of thoughts. If you think of something negative like: "I hope I don't get a cold this fall" it will turn to "My throat is itchy, I may have a cough" and then to "I have a cough" to "I have a cold." Think: "I will stay healthy this fall" to "I will get enough sleep and exercise."

Law of attraction: Maybe there is a law of attraction. My example is that I love the actor David Anders since I saw him on Alias in 2002. In 2008, I wanted to check out that new TV show called Lie to Me. I tuned into an episode for the first time, and DA guest- starred. Over the summer I watched the show Warehouse 13. It was on in the fall, but I didn't have time to watch it. Then when I did decided to tune in, DA guest- starred in that ep. This was all by chance.

Or that time in 2009 I was thinking about that Jennifer Lopez and LL Cool J song called "All I have." It came out in 2002. I was thinking about the lyric: "Don't make decisions when you're mad." Then a few days later, I hear that song on the radio because someone requested it.

Family: Here's a mild rant. I can't believe I'm going to complain about my little brother instead of my big sister. He was going to go upstairs to get some water so I told him to recycle two papers and put up my sister's juice bottle in the fridge. These are two different events and he doesn't do it. The recycle bin and fridge are upstairs so you can do that if you're going there.

Now I understand the anger my sister feels when she tells me to do the dishes so my grandma doesn't have to. I sometimes do it. The other day, my grandma had asked my brother to vacuum, but he said he has to study. It's a big, hard online course where you have to learn a lot. He can take the test twice in a period of a year. He doesn't vacuum.

I know he has to study, because it would help him get a career, but it's not like a big test he has to take this week. He can take this test 3 months from now, I'm sure he can vacuum for 30min. Then when he was studying, his friend called him so he was talking on the phone. So my grandma vacuumed, and I ended up volunteering to wash the dishes that night because she vacuumed.

Though you may say: "What if your brother vacuumed? Would you still have done the dishes that night?" Yeah, because it was a Tuesday, and my TV show didn't start until 8pm, so I did the dishes at 7pm. I would do chores as a study break because it's exercise and doesn't involve reading or writing.

Feb. 18 Abortions: I haven't been on the 16&P thread in a month. However, I did read the 24 newspaper and it talked about Justin Beiber's Rolling Stone interview about abortions. Then my friend Tamera on Facebook talked about it too with her friends. JB is pro-life and said things like (paraphrase): "If a woman is raped and gets pregnant, than that's sad. However, everything happens for a reason, though I don't know what the reason would be."

I'll give points that JB actually answered the question about abortion instead of evading it like what a lot of celebrities do. People on Facebook are saying that teen girls will be reading it and may get pregnant, and have the kid because of what JB said. Some girls may, some may not.

JB said abortion is like "killing a baby." Well I and I'm sure a lot of people think that too. I remember in Social 20 summer school, my teacher Mr. Copeland said: "Some people may think it's not a baby, it's a fetus. It's not really a human being."

Also on Facebook, people say: "He's a teenage boy. Does he really think about abortion until this question came up?" I'm sure everybody thinks about abortion one time or another because it's in the news. Just because you're a guy, doesn't mean that you don't think about it.

It reminds me of something I saw recently on MTV show 1 Girl and 5 Gays. It's a MTV host Aliya Jasmine who interviews 5 gay guys with questions. One was: "How much say should a guy have if a woman has an abortion?" One guy immediately said: "None, what so ever because it's not his choice to make." The other guys agreed.

No comments: