Sunday, August 29, 2010

news/ Wal- Mart/ Post Secret

Aug. 27 News: I found this through my Job Boom news letter. It's about inmates who work at call centres. Inmates redeem themselves by working and learning job skills.

http://www.forbes.com/global/2010/0719/ideas-prison-televerde-james-hooker-salvation-at-call-center.html

Horoscope: In the Edmonton Journal it said: "Detach and get away from what might be a ritualistic approach. You need to break past former barriers. A novel approach will open doors. Be willing to change courses, even if you're nervous. Take a risk."

Friends: My friends who had worked at the deli section of the grocery store (at different locations) all said they had bad experiences. One said she didn't like the drama of the co-workers. The other said she worked in the bakery, but she got very little shifts. She didn't want to work in the deli because she didn't like touching meat.

Amnesia: I could add this to "comparisons." I was watching Rookie Blue and they have a case with a guy who has amnesia. That's been done before on Castle, The Mentalist, and Republic of Doyle. I wanted to write about this a few months ago when I was watching The Mentalist.

What if you forgot who you are? I guess I could remember who I am by reading my blog and going through my stuff.

Wal-Mart: For all you haters of Wal-Mart, I'm going to add fuel to your fire. I was reading yesterday that there is a class action law suit against Wal-Mart for sex discrimination. In the National Post, they talked to this woman who was working as an assistant manager. This guy who does the same job as she does gets paid $23,000 more. The manager said he has a wife and 2 kids. She says: "I'm a single mom with a 6 month old." This is $1- billion law suit. If they win, I'm sure Wal-Mart can pay up, and still be fine in the recession. Wal- Mart is the biggest retailer in the world. You can't take them down and close down the company.

I was also thinking about how everybody disses Wal-Mart, but no one disses Zellers. They're similar as in a big corporation that sells things for cheap. The Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park have all done episodes where they dissed Wal-Mart.

Aug. 28 Money: I got a job that has a meal plan. It's like I get $3 taken out of my pay check everyday when I work there. Say I work 5 days a week, $15 is taken out of my paycheck. I can buy a sandwich for $6 and only have to pay $3 for it. I can always switch out of the plan.

I was thinking about my New Year's resolution to make more money this year. I haven't been successful. I have to say 2009 was the year where I made the most money because I had 2 jobs and I worked full-time. This year, you might as well say I was working part-time hours.

Cheese biscuit recipe: I got this from the Soup place.

1 and 1/2 pound of tea biscuit powder
5 ounces of shredded cheese
Stir it.
Add 250 mL of water
Bake it in an oven at 350 degrees for 8 min.

Quote: I was going through my notes and I wrote about Resident Evil: Apocalypse. There was a line: "Computers are unreliable just like people." Or something like that.

Job search: I was going through my desk and I found this piece of paper with the canadiandirect.com link. Canadian Direct Insurance is actually part of the Canadian Western Bank Group so I applied there. I bookmarked the site.

I also found caritas.ab.ca. There's a list of hospitals that are hiring. The one closest to me doesn't have any positions that I qualify for. I bookmarked that site too.

Writing: I buckled down and read, wrote, and thought up some things for Rain. I was listening to some techno and dance music on the radio as I was writing. It's kind of interesting. What if the bad guy Stabile was targeting Rain in the first draft? Then what if he's targeting Eddie in the second draft? Now what if Stabile is targeting Damon? Or Stabile and Damon are what's the movie about.

Aug. 29 Family: My grandpa just passed away. He lived a long life. I wasn't very close to him. There's that saying: "Life would be meaningless if there wasn't death."

It makes you really think about life. What have I been doing? Looking for a job, and working. I try to keep the job. Keep my spirits high with a positive attitude.

Post Secret: There's this secret this week that said: "I do not think anyone would believe that he raped me because I kept the baby." Well lots of women who have been raped, still have and keep the kid.

The secret right below it: "To the nurse that held my hand and told me eventually it would be okay, as I lay there losing my baby: THANK YOU. Today would have been my due date- and you were right. I'm ok."

"I base my happiness on whether or not someone visited my blog." I would say I'm happy when people comment on my blog."

I am terrified of being happy."

"One of the happiest moments of my adult life was watching you blow bubbles in a Wal-Mart parking lot."

"Now that I know my crazy is bipolar II disorder, I feel free to live my life."

"The day I met you was the last bad day of my life."

"I still get butterflies on my first day of school. I'm a sophomore in college."

An email: "I still get butterflies on the first day of school. I've had 23 first days of school, 4 of them as a teacher. (Secretly, we're more nervous than the students!)"

No comments: