Saturday, August 7, 2010

celebrity advice/ Calgary trip/ old job

Aug. 3 Celebrity advice: My favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson said: "Don't hold your breath" after an audition. He mentioned about how he was holding out for something better in roles and TV shows to come along for him. He said he was offered to be on a soap opera when he was out of work.

He held out for something better, and then Smallville came along. He signed on for 5 yrs, though he was let go after 1 yr because his character didn't bring a lot to the show. It was still good, because after that, he still got a lot of work because being on an American network show exposed him to a big audience.

In my case, I can't really hold out for something better. I usually take whatever job I can get. The only times I reject a job is because it's too far away. I did reject one job because the pay was min. wage with 12 hrs a week. I knew I would end up quitting it real soon so that's why I didn't take it.

Pep talk: I had a pep talk with my dad a few weeks ago. As usual, my life revolves around TV and it reminded me of Ben and his dad Mr. Boykevich talking to him about how Ben got Adrian pregnant (Secret Life of the American Teenager).

Good acting: To continue on about this TV show, is that I can't believe I'm saying this, but there is some good acting on this crappy show. There was a scene where Adrian (Francia Raisa) is talking to Ricky's foster mom at the abortion clinic.

Rant: I have a mild rant, but Adrian is going to have the baby. It's an American network show, you can't show abortion.

I don't know why I was holding my breath, but I was hoping A would get an abortion. Be different like Degrassi where Manny gets an abortion.

Contest: I got this in the mail to enter into a contest to go to Hinton, AB. It's from Travel Alberta. I did a phone survey for that company before months ago. I don't usually enter in these travel contests, but I decided: "Why not?" I enter into contests to win cds when I was a teenager. I did win a Mandy Moore cd that I still own. lol.

Aug. 7 Calgary trip: I went to Calgary on Aug. 4 and came home today. It's good to have a few days off. I didn't drink coffee, watch Much Music or South Park (my grandparents don't have Much Music or Comedy Network) for 2 days. I went without the internet (specifically email, twop.com and Youtube) and my job search for 1 day.

Though I will admit I tuned in and watched a Big Brother episode. It wasn't that good. I only saw a few episodes this season. You know it's bad, when you're laughing at the producer's attempt to make it different this season. There was a house guest that was a Big Brother saboteur, and then she gets evicted within the first week!

Now there's no twist. However, the producers are asking viewers to vote who the next saboteur should be. I watched So You Think You Can Dance and late night talk shows. I actually saw the Today show today. I don't even watch that show, but there was internet there.

The important thing is that I saw my family like my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and nieces. I called up my cousin Joyce, but I didn't see her. I called up my cousin Doris so I can arrange to see my nieces. This is a first, we didn't go to a Chinese restaurant. We did buy Chinese barbecue, and bought roast beef and oysters to cook at home.

Buffy: I did do a little shopping in Calgary. I didn't buy anything. I went to the crafts store Micheal's. I haven't done crafts in years. I did it a lot as a kid. I still have those 2 Buffy props I made back in 1999/2000. I was obsessed with that show back then. I used a hollow cardboard book and painted it black. I wrote the word Vampyr on it.

Then I bought a cardboard box and painted it orange. There's some black design on it. It's supposed to be the box where all the voices were stolen inside it. Remember season 4 episode called "Hush" where the whole town of Sunnydale loses their voices? I also bought a green sweater that looked like the ones that the Initiative soldiers wore. Seriously, you can look at it.

Shopping: Did you know that Martha Stewart has her own art line? I'm not surprised, but I've never seen it until I went into Micheal's. There is Halloween stuff out at that store too. I went to the mall and Superstore.

I went to the hospital to see my grandpa. I then got a flashback that the last time I ever been to a hospital was back in gr. 3 for that choir trip. We performed there.

Maury Chaykin: He's an actor who died a couple of weeks ago. I had to look him up. I have seen him as the dad on the Winnipeg sitcom called Less than Kind. It's a pretty funny show about a 13 yr old boy named Sheldon. His dad has a driving school, his mom's a stay at home mom, and he has a big brother who's a jerk and wants to be an actor.

Warehouse 13: I was watching this episode last week. I recognized the actress Jewel Staite. She's in Buffy creator Joss Whedon's show Firefly and movie Serenity. I thought I saw the actor Sean Maher. I checked it on imdb.com and recognized that it was him, and he was also on the same show Staite was in. Warehouse 13 is from Buffy writer Jane Espenson. It's like a Buffy reunion. lol.

Old job: Earlier this week I bumped into my old co-worker Judith from Call Centre #3. I bumped into her months ago at the same place, City Centre. She said she was still working there and so with this other woman Michelle. I know for sure Bradley and I were both dismissed because he told me he was.

Judith said her shift was canceled so that's why she's at the mall. That only reminds me to not go crawling back to Call Centre #3 again. Even if I did work there, it will be the same thing with canceled shifts. J did say she did go for an interview at Call Centre #4 a long time ago.

J: I did an interview with them, and they never called me back.
Me: Maybe they forgot and you should call them back.
J: I was like forget about them.

In fact, when Bradley and I first met, he said he did work at Call Centre #4 and he didn't like it. So it's a good thing I don't work at call centres at all.

No comments: