Monday, August 16, 2010

Buffy/ fun/ Lies and Deception

Aug. 13 Buffy: I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 reruns on Much Music. I only saw these episodes once when they first aired 2001-2002. I do watch this show differently though. Always ask: "Why does your character do this? Why does your character do that?"

In the season 5 finale, Buffy sacrifices her life to save the world. In the season 6 premiere, Willow raises Buffy from the dead. Why? Willow thinks Buffy is in some hell dimension and doesn't want her to suffer for the rest of her life. The way it goes is, one slayer dies another one is awakened. Buffy dies in season 1 finale, and then brought back. Kendra the vampire slayer comes.

Kendra dies, and then Faith comes. Faith is in jail (on Angel). Faith has to die so another slayer can be awakened. There is another reason that Buffy has to be brought back. A group of demon motorcycle gang has taken over Sunnydale. Buffy's friends Willow, Tara, Xander, Anya, and Spike can't get rid of them.

In the third episode Buffy reveals to Spike that she was in heaven. She tells him to not tell the others. Why does she tell him that and not her friends? She doesn't want to upset them. In the musical episode "Once More with Feeling", through a spell, that's when Buffy tells the truth that she was in heaven. Willow was crying.

Anti-climatic: I really liked the episode "Normal Again." What if Buffy was in a mental institution and she wasn't a slayer? It was all in her head. I know that would be never be used as the series finale. If it did, it would be very anti-climatic. It's okay for one episode. I remember on jumptheshark.com, a lot of people didn't like that episode.

I did imagine that the series finale would be Sunnydale being destroyed. I didn't imagine that Willow would do a spell so that all the slayers-in-training would be awakened. That's good because instead of one slayer at a time saving the world, all of them could save the world and share the responsibility.

Rookie Blue: I went on Global to watch it, but the new episode wasn't put up yet. Instead I watched some behind- the- scenes footage like my favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson giving a tour of the set.

EJ: And here's my trailer.
ost: What? Your trailer has your character's name instead of your real name?
EJ: Yeah, for security reasons.
EJ was joking. lol.

Aug. 14 Preschool/ nursery school: When I was in Calgary I thought of: "What's the difference between preschool and nursery school?" It's because I was seeing my little cousins.

I went on the internet and it said nursery school is a day care facility. The people are trained in childcare and willing to take babies that are 6 weeks old.

Preschool is more educational and teach skills to help kids get into kindergarten. The kids are too old for nursery school. They teach letters, numbers, and shapes.

Fun: Also from Calgary, I saw a convertible with the license plate "Chariot." I went to the hospital to see my grandpa in the hospital and it reminded me of this joke from Prison Break.

Cashier: What's your grandpa's name?
Tweener: My grandpa's name is Grandpa.

Friends: I went to see my friend Angela in downtown and we hung out for 6 hrs. We met her friends, saw the festival at Churchill Square and talked. It was fun because I hardly get to see my friends.

Lies and Deception: I just saw this TV movie, and I liked it. It's average to good. Let's start off with the actor Andrew Walker. I thought he was an average guy with good looks. He looks familiar, but I don't know where. I looked it up and I have seen him, with different hair in the past 10 yrs in shows like Radio Active, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Maybe it's Me. I thought he was good looking back then, but I didn't really notice him until now. He was wearing his hair kind of shaved. He's Canadian.

The movie was made in 2004. It is about a woman named Jean played by Madchen Amick. She looked familiar, and she's on CSI: NY. She sees a psychic who reads her tarot cards. She tells the psychic to stop mid-way. Cut to a car that's blowing it's horn in an industrial area. Jean has lunch with her mom Mom paid for the psychic, and Jean doesn't believe in them.

Cops investigate the dead body in the car. Cops tell Jean that her husband has been found, though he died 5 yrs ago. She IDs his body in the morgue, and it's Sam. He had died in a boating accident and went missing. I read books about how to fake your death, always by drowning.

Cops can't help her because Sam died of natural causes, no investigation. He gives her a PI card named Eddie Fate (Andrew Walker). J and E talked about how Fate is his real last name and he gets some jokes. That reminds me of Eric Stretch from the old boy band No Authority.

ES: And yes, Stretch is my real last name. A lot of people think I have made it up.

Back to the movie. Jean wants answers to why husband left her. J goes to sign papers to get Sam's body, but Sam's new wife signed for it. Eddie and J go to see new wife Charlotte to discuss what happened. J says that the house doesn't fit S's taste, and S had his own room because his belongings were everywhere. If S and C were really married, they would share the same room.

E goes to a strip club to investigate, because they always have to go to a strip club to make the story sexier. E talked to the janitor there who's son died of cancer, and his son's doctor was Sam. J's old friend Chris Swartzman (Joseph Kell) bumps into J and E. C went to med school with Sam.

J starts looking for Sam's half- sister Denise. Her house burned down and she died. J and E break into this warehouse holding medical supplies and there was this bubble wrap that had this water inside it. They triggered this motion detector and the alarm goes off. They run. E takes the water to this lab, and it's actually a really good cancer treatment drug. Sam was a doctor who did medical research. Through all of this, 1hr and 20min in, E and J hook up. E and J go back to Charlotte's house. They see Charlotte kissing Chris. They trigger an alarm, and E and J run. Then there's this guy who's been following them the whole time. Guy pulls out shot gun and hits E with it.

E wakes up in the medical warehouse where they were earlier. Guy beats up E as E is lying on the ground. Chris is talking to E. E manages to fight off Guy, and get his gun. E shoots Guy's leg and he falls down. Chris holds out this phone and when he pushes the button, it will give the signal to Charlotte to kill J.Chris explains that Sam found this great cancer treatment. It would take 7 yrs for the FDA to approve the drug, so Chris, Sam, and Charlotte were going to sell the drugs to patients and make money off it. Sam felt that it was unethical and was going to tell. Chris and Charlotte says that if he does, they will hurt his wife Jean. So Sam fakes his death, so Jean won't get hurt.

Cut to Jean tied up to a chair. Charlotte enters and takes off the gag. J starts screaming.

C: Save your breath. No one can hear you. I knew my brother loved you too much.
J: Denise?

That's so good. A really surprising reveal because you thought she was dead, or she didn't exist at all because earlier Charlotte had mentioned that she didn't know that Sam had a sister. This proves she was lying. Charlotte's beeper beep and that gives her the signal to kill J.

C was going to inject J with a needle, but J kicks it away. C gets the needle and is going to inject it into J's neck. E bursts in with a gun and tells C to put it down. C wouldn't, and he shoots her arm. She falls down.

It's good. No bad guys die, they get hurt. There's continuity. In the beginning J sees a psychic, and she tells J of what she went through. It reveals character that she experience loss. She sees one in the end, and she predicts good things for J. At the end, J and E kiss.

It also reveals of why E became a PI. He was a cop, but was dismissed because he broke a rule.

Writing: This movie made me think of my script. I had a psychic start off the movie. I had a kidnapping too.

No comments: